pre-sale question about Shreddage libraries

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey All,

Love the Shreddage libraries! Sound awesome. Just one quickie...

The guitars themselves are only in that drop B and drop A tuning right? If I wanted to use regular 440hz standard guitar tuning or Eb tuning these libraries aren't gonna be any good, correct? And same goes for the Bass guitar library?

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work people!!

A new fan,

Wayne

The only adjustment to tuning you can do is via the tuning knob(at least in Shreddage 2), and each step = one whole note step up or down on the scale. You don't "have to" retune, but then you're forced to transpose your parts, say if you copy/paste from guitar to bass.

I don't know any instrument sample library that is not tuned on 440hz standard.

The above two answers are pretty much what I would say, but I will add the following: even though Shreddage has set tuning per-string (A/E/A/D/G/B/E), it doesn't really limit you since we have every single pitch sampled on each string. Alternate tunings tend to come into play so that you can play some unusually voiced chords, but since Shreddage is a MIDI instrument you can just write notes and it will play them... simple as that :-)
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Hey all,

Thanks for the info. So from this last replay Z, I am guessing that if play a song that is in standard guitar tuning or a 1/2 step down that Shreddage will still work ok for me than? The every pitch on every string statement puts my mind most at ease, so I think I am going to order it.

Any problems or questions and I'll be back here to get them answered.

Again, thanks for all the help!

Wayne

Return to “Impact Soundworks”