What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Cthulhu looks interesting.

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

User avatar
bitcrusher
KVRian
 
1412 posts since 30 Aug, 2001, from Los Angeles, CA

Postby bitcrusher; Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:22 pm

trusampler wrote:I'm just curious, is there a simple way to import say an entire midi file vs using the advanced learn mode. I see there's an option under Menu that says "Import Midi File" but when I try it, it does nothing.

MIDI Files need to be type0 (single-track).

Your mileage may vary, but I tend get better results importing MIDI in to the host first and editing the chords to be as you like (as a lot of MIDI files will have a lot of melody notes, etc). Once the chords are to your liking, you can either export a Type0 MIDI file, or you can just click Learn in Cthulhu and play the chords in.

Both methods (import MIDI, or Learn) behave in the same manner; you'll want to set the desired start key for your chords (alt-click on piano to move red-blip/current chord slot).

Steve
Xfer | Cthulhu
Grodada
KVRist
 
40 posts since 4 Sep, 2011, from france

Postby Grodada; Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:14 pm

In live8 and ftl 10 Cthulhu works perfectly for me,
my host is renoise, Here is my test:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrH-6HQaCnk
User avatar
bitcrusher
KVRian
 
1412 posts since 30 Aug, 2001, from Los Angeles, CA

Postby bitcrusher; Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:07 am

Cthulhu of course can't work miracles if given incorrect/irregular time-position.

Maybe you should narrow down the problem:

is Cthulhu fine directly in Renoise? (seemed fine here back when I tested it)
is Cthulhu fine inside Mux in one of your other hosts?
Grodada
KVRist
 
40 posts since 4 Sep, 2011, from france

Postby Grodada; Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:23 am

I tested mux in live8, same problem.
mux does not transmit clock correctly?
trusampler
KVRist
 
299 posts since 2 Jul, 2007

Postby trusampler; Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:47 am

bitcrusher wrote:
trusampler wrote:I'm just curious, is there a simple way to import say an entire midi file vs using the advanced learn mode. I see there's an option under Menu that says "Import Midi File" but when I try it, it does nothing.

MIDI Files need to be type0 (single-track).

Your mileage may vary, but I tend get better results importing MIDI in to the host first and editing the chords to be as you like (as a lot of MIDI files will have a lot of melody notes, etc). Once the chords are to your liking, you can either export a Type0 MIDI file, or you can just click Learn in Cthulhu and play the chords in.

Both methods (import MIDI, or Learn) behave in the same manner; you'll want to set the desired start key for your chords (alt-click on piano to move red-blip/current chord slot).

Steve
Xfer | Cthulhu


bitcrusher, thanks for the reply
User avatar
bitcrusher
KVRian
 
1412 posts since 30 Aug, 2001, from Los Angeles, CA

Postby bitcrusher; Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:27 pm

Grodada wrote:I tested mux in live8, same problem.
mux does not transmit clock correctly?

It seems flawless here with MUX demo and Live8 / Cthulhu 1.01b7
I tried both audio and MIDI out from MUX, seems great.

Verify you are using the latest Cthulhu (click CTHULHU logo)
Verify you are using the latest Mux (says 5.0.37 here)
Then perhaps send me an .ALS so I can see what it is you're talking about in Live.
Grodada
KVRist
 
40 posts since 4 Sep, 2011, from france

Postby Grodada; Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:43 am

It is Cthulhu 1.01b6 version , for mux I did not buy(demo version two day ago), my protocol is the same as that of renoise, the warp marker of resampling shows the same lag; my os is windows xp sp3 32bit (intel processor).Cthulhu is inside mux then I resample, .als for audio(bounce) or vsti?

http://cjoint.com/?3BdoQwFY434
User avatar
bitcrusher
KVRian
 
1412 posts since 30 Aug, 2001, from Los Angeles, CA

Postby bitcrusher; Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:42 pm

Grodada wrote:It is Cthulhu 1.01b6 version , for mux I did not buy(demo version two day ago), my protocol is the same as that of renoise

What samplerate are you running at?
Mux is reporting a host samplerate of 44100 even when it is not, which would be causing Cthulhu's arp to run fast at any samplerate above 44100.

-Steve
Xfer | Cthulhu
braj
KVRAF
 
6488 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:56 pm

I had a fewe feature requests:

Somehow allow the gate to be modulated by an external audio signal, like the audio from a drum signal.

It would be nice to have an easier way of entering longer notes than alt-click since I use it a lot and have one hand on a midi keyboard at the time, and have to move hands constantly.

On the Note Sel view it would be nice to be able to select more than one number per beat, allowing chords/partial chords to be voiced where you want them with more precision than using the Chord button.

Anyhow, I'm loving Cthulhu and using it every day. I personally use the arp most.
I have no talent, here's the proof:

||Soundcloud||

My YouTube channel
aharu
KVRist
 
38 posts since 10 Apr, 2010

Postby aharu; Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:20 pm

I'm gonna buy this one now, but let me just say that
the BACH chords and such are not very inspirational to me...

I know I can make my own with tonespace for example, anyone
done that and shared with the community?
User avatar
bitcrusher
KVRian
 
1412 posts since 30 Aug, 2001, from Los Angeles, CA

Postby bitcrusher; Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:12 am

aharu wrote:I'm gonna buy this one now, but let me just say that
the BACH chords and such are not very inspirational to me...
I know I can make my own with tonespace for example, anyone
done that and shared with the community?

There are some chord presets shared by users in the Cthulhu forum, but not many yet. I'll be including a bank of diatonic chord presets in an update soon, which are very useful for sticking to a particular key and doing more diatonic modulation!
aharu
KVRist
 
38 posts since 10 Apr, 2010

Postby aharu; Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm

That sounds f-ckin brilliant, and the app has been bought!
ocmtime
KVRian
 
639 posts since 9 Jul, 2006

Postby ocmtime; Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:26 am

manducator wrote:
Resonator63 wrote:I wonder if there'll be a 64bit version?
If it was 64bit i'd get it.


Agree. A no-brainer when it's 64-bit.


if it is a 32bit plugin it doesn't work on a 64bit os and daw ?
User avatar
musikmachine
KVRAF
 
8390 posts since 2 Oct, 2006, from ,Location, Location

Postby musikmachine; Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:53 am

ocmtime wrote:
manducator wrote:
Resonator63 wrote:I wonder if there'll be a 64bit version?
If it was 64bit i'd get it.


Agree. A no-brainer when it's 64-bit.


if it is a 32bit plugin it doesn't work on a 64bit os and daw ?

It is 64 bit, comes with both. :)
User avatar
bitcrusher
KVRian
 
1412 posts since 30 Aug, 2001, from Los Angeles, CA

Postby bitcrusher; Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:23 am

Agree. A no-brainer when it's 64-bit.
It is 64 bit, comes with both. :)

There were a couple major 64-bit bugs with the v1.0 release. The demo has these problems fixed, and of course same goes for customers who can download the 1.01b6 in the Cthulhu forum!

-Steve
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects