Cytomic "The Drop" Resonant Filter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Drop

If I ask when more filter models will be added to The Drop - will I be dressed up as Jar Jar Binks, beaten to a pulp and buried in a tar pit?

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Now that you mentioned Jar Jar Binks, which is forbidden, yes :)
:hug:

DrGonzo wrote:If I ask when more filter models will be added to The Drop - will I be dressed up as Jar Jar Binks, beaten to a pulp and buried in a tar pit?

/C
Yes, that's a thread rule, how do you not know that?

Has this plugin hit v1.0 yet?
Finally!

cyphersuit wrote:Has this plugin hit v1.0 yet?

V.9.9

but you could just check the website :D

https://cytomic.com/drop

DAMN i'm hanging for this ladder filter. AAAAAAAAAGH

Did some A/B with other 'modeled' filter plugs and the drop is freakin amazing.
Imperfection is beauty.

Normally I hate adds, but not at KVR, look at all the the toys I can get.

Electronic Punk - Group @ Soundcloud

...as much as I want it to be perfect on 1.0 release, I can't wait.

...give me something, a taster, a demo, some news.

...know you're busy and a perfectionist...

...I need a Cytomix fix.

:love:

Cascade SH +1. btw, nice job on the analog knob algorithms. Magnus should be a happy man ;-)

Is this going to have any lfos, S&H etc for more complex sounds? It's a nice sounding filter but at the moment I'm not sure what I would use it for musically.

andy_cytomic wrote:For smooth sweeps it shouldn't matter which method you use if you have the "Step Freq" set to off, ie if smoothing is enabled. Automating via the frequency knob directly is the most sure fire way to get smooth results. For most of the examples I have done actually use a MIDI knob mapped to the frequency knob so the incoming resolution is only 128 steps.

It's not just the filter emulation in The Drop that I spent lots of time and effort on getting right. One of the coolest non-analog modelling bits of DSP I came up with is the smoothing algorithm. This turns stepped midi cc automation from even the most wobbly hands and smooths it in very musical and cool way that leaves the expression but removes the bumps. Here is the spectrogram of the a sine wave oscillator being controlled by 128 steps of a midi controller, you can clearly see and hear the clicks in the top plot that are removed from the bottom plot

Can you please teach the Synthmaster dev how to do this as he's had this problem with that synth for years and been unable to fix it.

aMUSEd wrote:
Can you please teach the Synthmaster dev how to do this as he's had this problem with that synth for years and been unable to fix it.
I am sorry but SynthMaster already smooths out MIDI CCs and mouse movements. We just DONT do that for parameter updates (automation) sent from the VST host.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Hey when is midi learn gonna be implemented?

aMUSEd wrote:Is this going to have any lfos, S&H etc for more complex sounds? It's a nice sounding filter but at the moment I'm not sure what I would use it for musically.
what? it has 2 LFOs and 2 envelopes and FM from various sources including side chain input. it doesn't have the most wild and plentiful modulation sources/destination but imo has plenty to do some complex stuff

dayjob wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Is this going to have any lfos, S&H etc for more complex sounds? It's a nice sounding filter but at the moment I'm not sure what I would use it for musically.
what? it has 2 LFOs and 2 envelopes and FM from various sources including side chain input. it doesn't have the most wild and plentiful modulation sources/destination but imo has plenty to do some complex stuff

I was thinking of trying out The Cable Guys Midi Shaper with The Drop. Has anyone gave that combo a go yet?

Return to “Effects”