What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Album Artwork Needed

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

OzWozEre
KVRist

353 posts since 5 Nov, 2012

Postby OzWozEre; Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:56 am

1. Goto http://cargocollective.com

2. Click "Cargo Gallery" link on the left

3. Brew some tea.

4. Spend a nice evening sipping tea and perusing art whilst making note of any art-direction that tickles your fancy and contact the artist/designer directly.

Cargo, is a very well respected portfolio service that many many professional creatives use -- forget stuff like "DeviantArt" shheesh :x

If you need more, I can give you more!

But that should be a good place to start and have some fun :)
Doc Brown
KVRist

221 posts since 13 May, 2012, from Minnesota

Postby Doc Brown; Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:03 am

OzWozEre wrote:1. Goto http://cargocollective.com

3. Brew some tea.

4. Spend a nice evening sipping tea and perusing art whilst making note of any art-direction that tickles your fancy and contact the artist/designer directly.

Cargo, is a very well respected portfolio service that many many professional creatives use -- forget stuff like "DeviantArt" shheesh :x

You are truly the wizard of Oz! Thanks again bud. I am going to check it out.
ntom
KVRAF

2131 posts since 18 Oct, 2010, from Texas

Postby ntom; Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:31 am

So far from what I have seen, it looks like you are having better luck than I did when I asked the same question.
But, what I wound up doing was contacting TONS of artists on Deviant Art (after flipping through their gallery and making sure they had the style and quality I wanted) and then would ask if they wouldn't mind doing the art for me. Now me and a wonderful lady have a great professional relationship and is now my artist. And it only too me about....100 artists that I contacted before finally finding her. :P
an-electric-heart
KVRian

1264 posts since 13 Jun, 2008, from Napier,New Zealand

Postby an-electric-heart; Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:41 am

I studied film and design and do my own:

http://anelectricheart.bandcamp.com/

I've kind of got this cartoonish style that I don't really stray from though.

OzWozEre
KVRist

353 posts since 5 Nov, 2012

Postby OzWozEre; Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:49 am

Doc Brown wrote:
OzWozEre wrote:1. Goto http://cargocollective.com

3. Brew some tea.

You are truly the wizard of Oz! Thanks again bud. I am going to check it out.

Your welcome brother :wink:
Doc Brown
KVRist

Postby Doc Brown; Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:50 am

ntom wrote:So far from what I have seen, it looks like you are having better luck than I did when I asked the same question.
But, what I wound up doing was contacting TONS of artists on Deviant Art (after flipping through their gallery and making sure they had the style and quality I wanted) and then would ask if they wouldn't mind doing the art for me. Now me and a wonderful lady have a great professional relationship and is now my artist. And it only too me about....100 artists that I contacted before finally finding her. :P

Thats awesome! Glad you found a winner.
Cheers.
Doc Brown
KVRist

Postby Doc Brown; Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:53 am

an-electric-heart wrote:I studied film and design and do my own:

http://anelectricheart.bandcamp.com/

I've kind of got this cartoonish style that I don't really stray from though.

Nice work!
I will go check out your site.
topaz
KVRAF

3754 posts since 14 Jul, 2001, from Kent, UK

Postby topaz; Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:37 pm

Any idea of prices , I need something for a digital release but also in standard cd format.

I have some ideas and was going to DIY but would be interested in prices :-) for the 2nd complete cycle album

Cheers
Topaz
ntom
KVRAF

2131 posts since 18 Oct, 2010, from Texas

Postby ntom; Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:07 pm

It all the depends on the artist. If you went my route, on my EP I paid $75 for the art and $150 for someone to get the blank CD cases, CD's, and paper - as well as do additional graphic work and put it all together.
For my full album - well, it's still in the works, so I can't say about the printing, but because I LOVED the work my graphic artist did the first time, I paid her $300 - but she also did the album art and all the CD-inlays + a few variations on the original art for merchandise.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Everything Else (Music related)