Slate Digital Virtual Tape Machine: Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I purchased it over the weekend and just quickly was playing with it and I didn't see any presets either. Although, I must admit I've never played with the presets in the Kramer tape emulation.
"What we play is life" - Louis Armstrong

cyphersuit wrote:another question: is it right that there are no presets when installed? kramer tape has some..
No presets, so just use your ears. And don't worry, it's hard to make VTM sound bad.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
cyphersuit wrote:another question: is it right that there are no presets when installed? kramer tape has some..
No presets, so just use your ears. And don't worry, it's hard to make VTM sound bad.
For setup tips, I've seen several reviews of the VTM (EM, Music Radar, Sound on Sound and few others) that the authors mention their favorite settings for various types of instrument tracks, drums, and master bus. Google some reviews.

VTM is an excellent but subtle effect where the impact is best heard culmultively. I downloaded a VTM demo Sunday and tried on single tracks or just the master. I could not hear any noticable change on a SINGLE track, unless I pushed it to the max (which I didn't generally care for). THEN I took the time to put it on each track at normal settings plus one on the master. I exported the result and exported a version without it. I loaded the 2 versions side by side for instant A/B comparison. Wow, the culmultive effect is magic pixy dust -- it had an indescribable sheen of warmth and prescence -- YES, I bought it.

After using good source material (recorded instruments/vocals or VSTs), effects and mastering tools, the VCC & VTM is the final touch of polish to add greatness to a recording. :love:

VTM 1.0.1.4 Update

The latest version of VTM (1.0.1.4) is in the users account area under "Public Beta."

BUG FIXES

[VTM-268] Latency Compensation Initialization issue on 15ips Tape Speed

fwiw i can hear vtm clearly on single tracks.
Finally!

Kaboom75 wrote:VTM 1.0.1.4 Update

The latest version of VTM (1.0.1.4) is in the users account area under "Public Beta."

BUG FIXES

[VTM-268] Latency Compensation Initialization issue on 15ips Tape Speed
this was supposed to be out of beta already. any news? also the fix is supposedly for pro tools users only!?

anyway, haven't updated yet. shouldn't they send out an email to all customers?
Finally!

Chello
Finally!

I hear a pretty massive effect when I put the VTM on individual tracks! Bigger fatter deeper!

I think there is a major misconception as to what tape actually sounds like. Remember, tape was not used as an effect.. it was used as a recording medium! It does a beautiful thing in a subtle way.. richer midrange, deeper lows, and smoother highs without sounding dull!

You can get the VTM with a free ilok2 this month
www.slatedigital.com

Steven

oh steven, you can't just come here and not answer the last question in this thread.. ..that's just not fair ;)
Finally!

Push
Finally!

cyphersuit wrote:oh steven, you can't just come here and not answer the last question in this thread.. ..that's just not fair ;)
Yeah.

Anybody have any before and afters? I don't have iLok, but I'm really interested in the results.

Original:
try_original.mp3

After ToneBoosters:
try_jeroen.mp3

After FerricTDS:
try_ferric.mp3
Beats Of The Heart - Reggae Documentary (1977)
Post-Dilla: A Comprehensive Guide to the Beat Generation:

sorry just saw this.. despite the "beta" tag, this release fixes the 15ips issue and is safe and recommended for all.

Return to “Effects”