What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Simple question... does MUX also run standalone?

Official support for: mutools.com

Moderators: mutools, muzycian

KVRian

573 posts since 3 Jun, 2002

Postby chrisby; Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:37 pm Simple question... does MUX also run standalone?

It's probably stated clearly somewhere but I'm not finding it... thx
Banned

Postby > DiGiT <; Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:56 pm

nope
KVRian

Postby chrisby; Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:57 pm

Thanks... Kinda what I thought but a few posts made it sound like it did. Too bad though that it doesn't....
KVRAF

4543 posts since 8 Feb, 2003, from London, UK

Postby pljones; Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:20 pm

MuLab runs standalone, of course, and the Session MuX is "just there", whether you use the additional features MuLab has or not. So it's pretty much redundant to have another host to wrap MuX.
KVRian

Postby chrisby; Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:39 am

Yeah, I was just hoping to replace this -

http://console.jp/en/about/about_1.html

from yearsssss ago. It works great but not 64-bit and pretty much abandoned. Basically very MUX'ish (I think) only also able to run standalone... which is cool to just open, dial in a sound chain, and then open fully formed later in a DAW. Can't really say why I prefer running it standalone, I just do? Anyway, thanks for the replies.
KVRist

123 posts since 25 Feb, 2004, from Andorra

Postby miquelmatas; Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:50 am

KVRian

1233 posts since 29 Dec, 2008, from Lithuania

Postby sorohanro; Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:22 am

Or for that reason, MuLab free. If you want to use it for live projects, you'll be just fine with the 4 tracks limitations.
KVRian

Postby chrisby; Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:56 am

Thanks to you both for the suggestions. I'll check them all out. I really did like the simplicity of Console and MUX just looked like nearly the same thing (though obviously with a good bit of additions) but definitely appreciate the suggestions. I guess the really good news is there seems to be a lot more options now than there was back then!
KVRian

620 posts since 28 Mar, 2008, from U.K.

Postby sl23; Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:59 pm

Also TobyBear's MiniHost which is my preferred choice of VST Host app, though it only loads one at a time.
Live for an ideal and leave no place in the mind for anything else.

Portugal property for sale

Moderators: mutools, muzycian

Return to MUTOOLS