What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Slate Digital Virtual Tape Machine: Released

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRer

22 posts since 24 Sep, 2009

Postby seagull; Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:44 pm

I purchased it over the weekend and just quickly was playing with it and I didn't see any presets either. Although, I must admit I've never played with the presets in the Kramer tape emulation.
"What we play is life" - Louis Armstrong
KVRAF

3609 posts since 15 Aug, 2006

Postby Funkybot's Evil Twin; Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:04 pm

cyphersuit wrote:another question: is it right that there are no presets when installed? kramer tape has some..

No presets, so just use your ears. And don't worry, it's hard to make VTM sound bad.
KVRist

281 posts since 30 Apr, 2008, from St Louis, MO

Postby Kevin63101; Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:25 am

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
cyphersuit wrote:another question: is it right that there are no presets when installed? kramer tape has some..

No presets, so just use your ears. And don't worry, it's hard to make VTM sound bad.

For setup tips, I've seen several reviews of the VTM (EM, Music Radar, Sound on Sound and few others) that the authors mention their favorite settings for various types of instrument tracks, drums, and master bus. Google some reviews.

VTM is an excellent but subtle effect where the impact is best heard culmultively. I downloaded a VTM demo Sunday and tried on single tracks or just the master. I could not hear any noticable change on a SINGLE track, unless I pushed it to the max (which I didn't generally care for). THEN I took the time to put it on each track at normal settings plus one on the master. I exported the result and exported a version without it. I loaded the 2 versions side by side for instant A/B comparison. Wow, the culmultive effect is magic pixy dust -- it had an indescribable sheen of warmth and prescence -- YES, I bought it.

After using good source material (recorded instruments/vocals or VSTs), effects and mastering tools, the VCC & VTM is the final touch of polish to add greatness to a recording. :love:
KVRian

1148 posts since 4 Sep, 2011, from England

Postby Kaboom75; Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:26 am

VTM 1.0.1.4 Update

The latest version of VTM (1.0.1.4) is in the users account area under "Public Beta."

BUG FIXES

[VTM-268] Latency Compensation Initialization issue on 15ips Tape Speed
KVRAF

2000 posts since 12 Nov, 2009

Postby cyphersuit; Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:08 pm

fwiw i can hear vtm clearly on single tracks.
Are you.. ..still.. ..well?
KVRAF

Postby cyphersuit; Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:47 am

Kaboom75 wrote:VTM 1.0.1.4 Update

The latest version of VTM (1.0.1.4) is in the users account area under "Public Beta."

BUG FIXES

[VTM-268] Latency Compensation Initialization issue on 15ips Tape Speed

this was supposed to be out of beta already. any news? also the fix is supposedly for pro tools users only!?

anyway, haven't updated yet. shouldn't they send out an email to all customers?
KVRAF

Postby cyphersuit; Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:57 am

Chello
KVRist

210 posts since 11 Nov, 2005

Postby Slate; Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:31 pm

I hear a pretty massive effect when I put the VTM on individual tracks! Bigger fatter deeper!

I think there is a major misconception as to what tape actually sounds like. Remember, tape was not used as an effect.. it was used as a recording medium! It does a beautiful thing in a subtle way.. richer midrange, deeper lows, and smoother highs without sounding dull!

You can get the VTM with a free ilok2 this month
www.slatedigital.com

Steven
KVRAF

Postby cyphersuit; Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:26 am

oh steven, you can't just come here and not answer the last question in this thread.. ..that's just not fair ;)
KVRAF

Postby cyphersuit; Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:03 am

Push
KVRAF

4665 posts since 17 Dec, 2000

Postby dusted william; Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:15 am

cyphersuit wrote:oh steven, you can't just come here and not answer the last question in this thread.. ..that's just not fair ;)

Yeah.
KVRist

117 posts since 1 Feb, 2011

Postby 75ips; Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:18 am

Anybody have any before and afters? I don't have iLok, but I'm really interested in the results.

Original:
try_original.mp3

After ToneBoosters:
try_jeroen.mp3

After FerricTDS:
try_ferric.mp3
Beats Of The Heart - Reggae Documentary (1977)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt8td9C63-k
KVRist

210 posts since 11 Nov, 2005

Postby Slate; Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:07 pm

sorry just saw this.. despite the "beta" tag, this release fixes the 15ips issue and is safe and recommended for all.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects