SOLVED - Cream crashes on Ableton 9 beta 67 64bit or 32bit as well as live 8.3.4

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I prepurchased Cream today for OSX - both Ableton 9 beta 67 (64 or 32 bit) and 8.3.4 (32 bit) crash when I attempt to load it. I would be happy to run a version of the plugin with extra debugging information if that would be helpful to you

Cream is working fine for me on OS X in Live 9 beta 67 (32 bit)

What OS version are you using? I'm on 10.6.8

pdxindy wrote:Cream is working fine for me on OS X in Live 9 beta 67 (32 bit)

What OS version are you using? I'm on 10.6.8
I'm running 10.8.2

I'm on Live 8, OSX 10.7.5, loads fine.
Music you can believe in:
http://rebshaya.com

I wonder if it's a problem with 10.8.2?

I went into the VST folder in MacHD/Library/Audio/Plugins and I created a "disabled VST" folder and moved all of the VST plugins except for Cream and Cream64 into it. This should have disabled all VST plugins except for those two. Ableton 9 beta and Ableton 8.2.4 still crash upon scanning it. I downloaded Reaper, and it crashed as well upon scanning the plug - so something is definitely hoarqued up somewhere...

I am on 10.8.2. Cream loads fine in both live 9 32 bit and 64 bit i am running the beta 67 at the moment

giftculture wrote:I wonder if it's a problem with 10.8.2?

I went into the VST folder in MacHD/Library/Audio/Plugins and I created a "disabled VST" folder and moved all of the VST plugins except for Cream and Cream64 into it. This should have disabled all VST plugins except for those two. Ableton 9 beta and Ableton 8.2.4 still crash upon scanning it. I downloaded Reaper, and it crashed as well upon scanning the plug - so something is definitely hoarqued up somewhere...
I can provide a stack trace of the crash to the devs if they would like, otherwise, I would be happy to run a version of the plugin that was instrumented in order to help track down the crashes

cis-didge wrote:I am on 10.8.2. Cream loads fine in both live 9 32 bit and 64 bit i am running the beta 67 at the moment
The fact that it is crashing both in reaper and in live for me points to some problem more fundamental than either DAW, unfortunately. I've repaired permissions via Disk Utility. Still no dice.

Are your plugins installed to the global VST folder or to your personal one under ~/Library?

giftculture wrote:
cis-didge wrote:I am on 10.8.2. Cream loads fine in both live 9 32 bit and 64 bit i am running the beta 67 at the moment
The fact that it is crashing both in reaper and in live for me points to some problem more fundamental than either DAW, unfortunately. I've repaired permissions via Disk Utility. Still no dice.

Are your plugins installed to the global VST folder or to your personal one under ~/Library?
its in HD/Library/Audio/VST

Arto got in touch with me and we are doing some testing - initial results are positive - didn't want to leave the thread hanging without an update. I really appreciate his quick response...

giftculture wrote:Arto got in touch with me and we are doing some testing - initial results are positive - didn't want to leave the thread hanging without an update. I really appreciate his quick response...
Things are sorted - Arto should be releasing a new version soon! :^)

Return to “Kirnu”