Login / Register  0 items | $0.00New @ What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

GeorgeZ - The Hacker (mix opinion wanted)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

GeorgeZ
KVRAF

2948 posts since 29 May, 2009, from New Zealand

Postby GeorgeZ; Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:09 pm GeorgeZ - The Hacker (mix opinion wanted)

Hey guys,

New track's up and I wanted some feedback on the mix. Any thoughts?

https://soundcloud.com/georgez/georgez-the-hacker

Direct mp3 for KVR Music Tracker
http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/xlryn6516 ... hacker.mp3

Thanks for listing,
GeorgeZ
Eternitysound VST Banks
DA CEO
KVRer

1 post since 12 Feb, 2013

Postby DA CEO; Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:41 am

Great track GeorgeZ. I really am about to start following your stuff. If I do a mix with it you'll will be the FIRST to know. Thanks for opening up my ears. 8)
Signature blocked until 5 posts made
GeorgeZ
KVRAF

Postby GeorgeZ; Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:35 pm

Awesome mate, thanks for listening (did you join just to post?!... if so, EXTRA THANKS!)
Eternitysound VST Banks
mandolarian
KVRAF

2807 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from Raincoast of Grayland

Postby mandolarian; Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:34 pm

GeorgeZ, super clean mix. Can't complain about tonal balance or any glaring sonic issues. Not my genre, so can't comment on the structure. One little point, is I sort of wanted to hear a little more 3D depth or space/dynamics in parts. The full-on pseudo-stereo was a little oppressive in places. Maybe a little more dynamic panning might keep it bit more involving. It's a taste thing, tho. Can't fault your mix vision, it's clear, in your, er, my face. Great work!
perception: the stuff reality is made of.
GeorgeZ
KVRAF

Postby GeorgeZ; Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:10 am

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback mandolarian. I was listening to this on earbuds today and actually thought the same thing. Might do a mid high and mid low split, force the lows to mono, and then see if i can't five it a bit more depth and spread in the high mids. Along the lines you were thinking?
Eternitysound VST Banks
mandolarian
KVRAF

Postby mandolarian; Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:20 am

Yeah, that's the ticket. Maybe some subtle or not so subtle panning movement in places, not just at the start. What stereo efx are you using? Just curious.

These days, I feel like every mix needs to be two mixes. One for speakers and one for phones. Sure, it's twice the work for half the price, but, what cost sonic liberation? :D
mandolarian
KVRAF

Postby mandolarian; Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:06 pm

After listening again on phones, maybe there's too much spread already. Feels like it a bit of a hole in the middle. Perception is a fickle thing.
dark_virus
KVRAF

1559 posts since 28 Jun, 2007, from Amazon rain forest

Postby dark_virus; Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:47 pm

I wasn't very interested in Dubstep, until I listened to some really wicked tracks here at the Cafe.

Your track is no exception. Great mixing and a real "in-yo-face-mofo" feel. Nothing wrong with the stereo FX, at least to me.

Downloaded to the "KVR awesomeness" folder. :D
hibidy
KVRAF

42989 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:36 pm

Good job Mr Z, I found it quite enjoyable. To my ears the mix was right where it needed to be, nothing seemed out of place :)
GeorgeZ
KVRAF

Postby GeorgeZ; Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:47 am

Hey mate, thanks for listening, glad you liked it! It was one of those "sit down and noodle" sessions... and the track's done :o The tracks that "happen" in that fashion always seem to flow a bit better, and more naturally, so above all, I'm quite pleased with the progression.
Eternitysound VST Banks

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe