GeorgeZ - The Hacker (mix opinion wanted)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

New track's up and I wanted some feedback on the mix. Any thoughts?

https://soundcloud.com/georgez/georgez-the-hacker

Direct mp3 for KVR Music Tracker
http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/xlryn6516 ... hacker.mp3

Thanks for listing,
GeorgeZ
Eternitysound VST Banks

Great track GeorgeZ. I really am about to start following your stuff. If I do a mix with it you'll will be the FIRST to know. Thanks for opening up my ears. 8)
DA CEO

Awesome mate, thanks for listening (did you join just to post?!... if so, EXTRA THANKS!)
Eternitysound VST Banks

GeorgeZ, super clean mix. Can't complain about tonal balance or any glaring sonic issues. Not my genre, so can't comment on the structure. One little point, is I sort of wanted to hear a little more 3D depth or space/dynamics in parts. The full-on pseudo-stereo was a little oppressive in places. Maybe a little more dynamic panning might keep it bit more involving. It's a taste thing, tho. Can't fault your mix vision, it's clear, in your, er, my face. Great work!
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback mandolarian. I was listening to this on earbuds today and actually thought the same thing. Might do a mid high and mid low split, force the lows to mono, and then see if i can't five it a bit more depth and spread in the high mids. Along the lines you were thinking?
Eternitysound VST Banks

Yeah, that's the ticket. Maybe some subtle or not so subtle panning movement in places, not just at the start. What stereo efx are you using? Just curious.

These days, I feel like every mix needs to be two mixes. One for speakers and one for phones. Sure, it's twice the work for half the price, but, what cost sonic liberation? :D

After listening again on phones, maybe there's too much spread already. Feels like it a bit of a hole in the middle. Perception is a fickle thing.

I wasn't very interested in Dubstep, until I listened to some really wicked tracks here at the Cafe.

Your track is no exception. Great mixing and a real "in-yo-face-mofo" feel. Nothing wrong with the stereo FX, at least to me.

Downloaded to the "KVR awesomeness" folder. :D

Good job Mr Z, I found it quite enjoyable. To my ears the mix was right where it needed to be, nothing seemed out of place :)

Hey mate, thanks for listening, glad you liked it! It was one of those "sit down and noodle" sessions... and the track's done :o The tracks that "happen" in that fashion always seem to flow a bit better, and more naturally, so above all, I'm quite pleased with the progression.
Eternitysound VST Banks

Return to “Music Cafe”