FL Studio - when tweaking Knobs sound Stuck

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
when I load third party plugins and tweak knobs, while holding a key on my MIDI-Keyboard the Sound stops being played, until I press somewhere on the FL Interface. So every time afte3r tweaking a knob, to hear how it sounds I first need to click somwhere not on the plugin and than again open the plugin and press a key, it's very annoying and I can't make music like this :x

it does that for all plug ins?

thats really odd. someone here might have an idea, but you might want to head over to the image line forums for help on that one.
ImageImageImage

At least with every non-FL plugin I tried it does.

I asked on the IL-Forum too somewhere, but the forum doesn't seem very well organized and I guess my post won't get read soon where I posted it.

I'll post it on the Technical Support section of the Forum again, alltough I know I shouldn't do double-posts, but in this case it's urgent and I think I posted it on the wrong section.

so wait...are you able to tweak and hear at the same time? you cant hold down a key and change a parameter simultaneously?

are you using a controller? if so, have you tried assigning the parameter to a knob/slider/whatever on your controller?
ImageImageImage

chaosWyrM wrote:so wait...are you able to tweak and hear at the same time? you cant hold down a key and change a parameter simultaneously?

are you using a controller? if so, have you tried assigning the parameter to a knob/slider/whatever on your controller?
No, I can't hold down a key and change the parameter simultaneously and hear the sound at the same time.

After reading your post I tried to tweak the cutoff from my controller and it works! :)

Still I'd like to be able to tweak it per mouse without freezing the sound engine or whatever crazy things happen there.

EDIT:
On the IL-Forum somebody posted to disable the Auto close device option in my Audio settings and now everything (seems to) work fine. Thanks for helping!

Dj Reaper wrote:
chaosWyrM wrote:so wait...are you able to tweak and hear at the same time? you cant hold down a key and change a parameter simultaneously?

No, I can't hold down a key and change the parameter simultaneously and hear the sound at the same time.

After reading your post I tried to tweak the cutoff from my controller and it works! :)

Still I'd like to be able to tweak it per mouse without freezing the sound engine or whatever crazy things happen there.

EDIT:
On the IL-Forum somebody posted to disable the Auto close device option in my Audio settings and now everything (seems to) work fine. Thanks for helping!
oh sweet. glad you got it all sorted.
ImageImageImage

That worked for me too! Disabling the ' Auto Disable device" option in the audio settings in Fl Studio 20.
Great! Thanks a lot! :clap: :tu:

regards,
Tuning JJ

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”