Behringer iStudio, when will it be released?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some Behringer products were really crap some years ago. No pro engineer would use them (same for Yamaha entry level gear).
Maybe some products are better now. And they are also better at innovation, not just copying other brands like Mackie.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

dvbssman wrote:
BMoore wrote:Who cares. Everything Behringer is s**t.
I live in China and sold Behringer the audio analyzers they use to test their products. Their production lines are 1st class and they test everything, even their sub $100 mixers. I also sell to their higher priced competitors which mostly use contract manufacturers and don't have the same quality standards as Behringer. Maybe Behringer cuts corners on R&D and marketing but not on quality. All the musical gear manufacturers basically use the same components so Behringer users can be confident of the same good performance and reliability that they might expect from competitive products that cost a lot more. I have owned some Behringer gear for several years and have never experienced any failures. I don't know why they have the undeserved reputation for making crap.
The reputation is NOT undeserved. It comes from their past (hopefully they are better today). Every single behringer branded thing I've ever bought has broken or had some major faults. Every single one!!

That is NOT a coincidence because I have several friends who also had most their behringer equipment fail. A local church here used to buy only behringer stuff to save money.. guess what? They banned the buying of any behringer equipment a few years ago. Why? Because most of their equipment failed and they couldn't get any support from Behringer, not even for repairs.

This included expensive stuff like the DDX3216 mixer (over 2000 euros at some point in time).

That's why my recommendation for behringer is always the same. Treat it like it's already broken, be ready to throw it away. If you can afford this, then go ahead and buy it. But never ever buy expensive Behringer equipment like their larger mixers. That is a seriously risky investment.

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

My Behringer Eurorack mixer was great for 10 years then just stopped working. I can't get it fixed for less than the cost of a newone, so I bought an Allen & Heath ZED 14 instead. No idea if their apps will be any good.

Their manufacturing lines and testing might be really good in comparison with a lot of other chinese factories, the important thing however is that the quality of their COMPONENTS is absolute crap, that is why they break down so quickly in use.

The more moving parts your Behringer product has, the quicker it will break. The only Behringer thing I've dared to buy in the last five years is their Behritone "crap box" speakers. The speakers have weird resonances and they distort extremely easily with low frequency stuff, but that's basically what I want them to do, be a worst case scenario.

The FCB1010 that I've had for 10 years and STOMP ON WITH MY FEET??
Still works perfectly, obviously not built with "crap" components.

If anything , I think any bad rep is deserved for their shameless copying of other companies gear....

Aural Chaos wrote:The FCB1010 that I've had for 10 years and STOMP ON WITH MY FEET??

If anything , I think any bad rep is deserved for their shameless copying of other companies gear....

:lol:

I guess the moving parts of my son's mixer didn't get the memo they were supposed to break either, but it does look a little like a Mackie mixer.....
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Aural Chaos wrote:The FCB1010 that I've had for 10 years and STOMP ON WITH MY FEET??

A stompbox requires *slightly* different kinds of electrical components than, say, a digital mixer. So wow, yes, Behringer can create a stompbox that doesn't immediately break, they must be engineering masterminds.

So you got lucky? I have a FCB1010 and it does indeed still work but it has some bad contacts and the potentiometers on the expression pedals were extremely uneven right after purchase. Yeah, doesn't really matter if you calibrate them or not.. they suck.

But yeah, that's actually the only piece of Behringer gear that hasn't completely failed on me.. and I modded it with that custom chip thing. It's actually a good piece of gear considering the price.

That doesn't mean Behringer can build solid stuff.. they can't. Especially in the "high-end" segment (highend and behringer? yeah.. lol). Do not ever pay big piles of cash for a behringer product. Ever. It'll come back and bite ya in the ass.

We've owned several Dell laptops, all are working great after many years.
Two HP laptops, both broke.

Therefore, it must be a fact that HP computers use crap components and they all suck.

Same thing, no....?

Aural Chaos wrote:Therefore, it must be a fact that HP computers use crap components and they all suck.
True : HP sucks.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

stanlea wrote:
Aural Chaos wrote:Therefore, it must be a fact that HP computers use crap components and they all suck.
True : HP sucks.
Yeah, there actually was a 5-year-long laptop life expectancy test in 2010 or something, I remember that HP ranked lowest (highest % of laptops breaking during the 5 year period). I'm puzzled at the insistence on people saying there's no problem when there clearly is.

Aural Chaos wrote:We've owned several Dell laptops, all are working great after many years.

Therefore, it must be a fact that HP computers use crap components and they all suck.

Same thing, no....?
Exactly the same thing. My HP laptop that I'm typing this on is absolutely RUBBISH! It still works (barely) but it's definitely not well made. :)

Cheers!
bManic

bmanic wrote:
Aural Chaos wrote:We've owned several Dell laptops, all are working great after many years.

Same thing, no....?
Exactly the same thing. My HP laptop that I'm typing this on is absolutely RUBBISH! It still works (barely) but it's definitely not well made. :)

Cheers!
bManic
So, that's Behringer and HP for you...

Do you always buy products you think are shit or do you have impulse control problems and can't stop yourself to do some research before you buy?

Just asking cause you're tellin
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

You would have to look pretty damn hard to find people that think the FCB1010 is "shit".
HP's were not my purchase decisions...

Yeah, the FCB may be one of the best electronic purchases I have ever made. So versatile and sturdy.

I forgot to mention the BCF2000 and BCR2000 that have been working flawlessly for 6 or 7 years now. Now that I got a MIDI interface for my iPad, I need to see how to configure them into something useful for iOS.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”