Ableton Live 9 announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For the UK Ableton today has binned the euro and is using the pound so you should check the prices again.

It's 249 to upgrade from suite 8 to suite 9. I'm gonna skip this for now, unless there is a drop in price. I'll just wait till the next sale, which should be either this summer or around Christmas.

Hmm, so to upgrade I still have to pay half what a new user pays for Suite.
Seems a bit of a swizz.

Buying the suite from new appears to be a bit of a bargain compared to the vanilla Live, only £130 more for all the synths and M4L!
Im sure I paid more than that for M4L alone.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

didn't they say there would be a "day of release special price for people who already own suite and M4L" ????

i think i got an email about that some months ago.

Yea the prices have finally changed for those with suite and suite+m4l. Im seeing 200$ now and thats with both

ezelkow1 wrote:Yea the prices have finally changed for those with suite and suite+m4l. Im seeing 200$ now and thats with both
i own Suite 8 w/M4L and my upgrade price to suite 9 w/M4L is $199. i was hoping for a little cheaper of course but $199 is better than the $234 that it was a few months ago.

i spoke to a guy testing live9 beta who said it was pretty hoggish on CPU. hopefully they get that dialed in the last fw weeks.. or with a .x update or something.

but i'm excited by the features in it. that 45 minute demo video i watched got me interested.

There is a rumor it's going to be released March 5th. Frankly, I don't see it as ready, but hey, what do I know.

hibidy wrote:There is a rumor it's going to be released March 5th. Frankly, I don't see it as ready, but hey, what do I know.
yeah.. i have no idea. i haven't taken part in the beta program and have only checked sparingly w/a few people to get info. last i heard.. a couple days ago.. is that it's a CPU hog on the mac.

when is the last time they dropped a fresh beta version? maybe they've been fixing the problems and will be "there" by the 5th?

seems unlikely to me too but that's just going by my gut :D

hibidy wrote:There is a rumor it's going to be released March 5th. Frankly, I don't see it as ready, but hey, what do I know.
Well more than a rumour, they say it on their site.

Is the midi recording automation bug fixed yet? - got no responses to my bug report so guess not

Nope still broken, why are Ableton not paying attention to my bug reports?

http://beta.ableton.com/abl01/topics/au ... aying_back

They really are not. It's the hottest topic over there and they are ignoring it.

Also, there are plenty of little bugs that are logged and not being fixed yet. and they broke "packs" and though some of the legacy packs can now be used, stuff like session drummer isn't right and I don't see they are fixing it.

se la vie. As good as 8 was (which is still in beta) I thought 9 would be a huge upstep. Not really. Stupid me for getting all excited.

It's still my Riker, and I continue to use it daily but I'm disappointed in the live 9 process.

One good thing is that the groove 3 viddys might be available a soon then! I still don't know all the features in 9.

sat down to do some work.. oh damn my beta version is timed out.. bummer, oh well, lets see if anything is different when the latest finally finishes downloading!

Just checked the site and my upgrade price from 8S/M4L to 9S is £139 (+VAT no doubt!)

Offer is from 5 March to 12 March. Will probably go for it.

Not sure about Push - I know chords by their shape on a kb - not sure I could get used to playing them on a grid. But will see how the price compares with controller + kb

Shame they haven't fixed the PDC issue - but lots of other goodies - midi to audio, the Glue - and curved automation! :hail:

Push is off of my list, too expensive and I don't trust the paradigm currently. My impulse will have to do (and maschine, but I think right now it's not working for the template I heard? I dunno, I can't really keep up)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”