mp3 converter

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anybody know where can I download the lame mp3 converter?

I tried the links provided by tracktion but I didn't find any funcional archive for mac os Lion.

Thank you very much!

:help:

perception: the stuff reality is made of.

TSC announced on the company forum that they would rather us not use the Lame codec, and that Jules would be removing the parts of Tracktion that use it. According to Woody, Jules considers it a "ghetto" solution, and we'll soon have to render uncompressed in T, and convert to mp3 elsewhere.

mp3s can be imported with drag and drop, without using Lame.

http://forums.tracktion.com/threads/11-Lame-Encoder

I personally think it's a step backward. Lame works fine in hundreds of other audio apps. Of course, that makes it easy to find a replacement, but is somewhat inconvenient, and not nearly as slick as rendering to mp3 from within T itself.

I tried to export and OGG is the only compressed format option.The option to download the lame mp3 codec is gone.
Please bring back the export as mp3 option!

It will be there if you set the path to lame in settings. I've just exported an mp3 in 4.0.5.
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

Petelab wrote:I tried to export and OGG is the only compressed format option.The option to download the lame mp3 codec is gone.
Please bring back the export as mp3 option!
It looks like the MP3 export option will disappear.

You can always export as WAV and convert with something free like Audacity or Acon Digital's Acoustica Basic or LameDrop or another.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Hey guys - having seen the much better link to the RareWares site, we feel more comfortable about directing people to download Lame - it was not the codec we had issues with, it was the old link in T3 that sent you to a bizarre ghetto site that we did not like :)

The RareWares page is much cleaner and we have tested the links - will be posting the link in our support forum and the app will direct people there - will be easier of the address ever changes rather than building the link into Tracktion.

Apologies for the confusion - should have just asked you guys first! :shock:
Tracktion Software Corporation

TSC wrote: it was not the codec we had issues with, it was the old link in T3 that sent you to a bizarre ghetto site that we did not like :)
Ahh. OK, that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying!

I downloaded the lame encoder from the rareware site. When I am in Tracktion settings,Lame location window- the
Lame framework is grayed out , so I can't choose it.
Running Tracktion 4.0.5 on an iMac running Mountain Lion 10.8.2. :help:

Jules installed the following: LAME 3.99.5 Framework for OS X (10.7+)

Then directed Tracktion to the Lame instal here: /Library/Frameworks/LAME.framework/Versions/A/LAME

That worked for him - let me know if it does not for you.
Tracktion Software Corporation

TSC wrote:Jules installed the following: LAME 3.99.5 Framework for OS X (10.7+)

Then directed Tracktion to the Lame instal here: /Library/Frameworks/LAME.framework/Versions/A/LAME

Thanks for the reply! I have that file in my Library folder, but can't get it to install to that exact directory.
It is still grayed out and isn't an option in the Tracktion-File Settings-Lame directory window.
Tracktion 4.0.5, 2012 iMac Mountain Lion 10.8.2,
MOTU 8 PRE

It is still grayed out and isn't an option in the Tracktion-File Settings-Lame directory window.
Dammit.. A bug in the file-selector is stopping you selecting files.. When I tried this it worked because I'd already fixed that bug in my dev build..

Hmm. Tricky to offer a workaround for that, I'll have to fix it in the next release.. If it's a massive problem I could do a point release with a fix just for this.

TSC wrote:Jules installed the following: LAME 3.99.5 Framework for OS X (10.7+)

Thanks for the reply! I have that file in my Library folder, but can't get it to install to that exact directory.
Tracktion 4.0.5, 2012 iMac Mountain Lion 10.8.2,
MOTU 8 PRE

Return to “Tracktion”