Critical Mass (ElectroProg - Seismic Despair)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mrblitz wrote:cool! lots of driving imagery conjured up here.

yet another piece from you which is quite intriguing, harmonically.

it's kind of like 'knight rider' but to the umpteenth power.
Thanks for the listen and comments, mrblitz. Glad you liked it :)

Rack up another driving reference or two. Actually, I wonder if there is anything in that. I quite enjoy driving, apart from those pesky rush-hour traffic jams.

Knight Rider - wow :!: That's over 30 years ago. Hard to believe.

lol... yeah, i'm not sure it's really like 'knight rider' but covered that with 'to the umpteenth power'.

this is actually quite a bit more interesting than what i remember of knight rider.

i haven't driven a lot lately, but it sure is fun to daydream about; and this type of thing helps with that.

I really like this a lot Tim. I managed to find a few minutes to sit down and give the cafe some love, and I had this playing on my headphones as I looked at another couple of pages on the net. All of a sudden I had images of Vin Diesel in some kind of action film, as that's what I see this track as!

The choir part in the middle is inspired. Truly atmospheric.

Nice buddy :)

bluedad wrote:I really enjoyed this, particularly the slow middle; the mix/production sounds great.
Thanks very much for checking this out and commenting, Gary. I'm very glad that you enjoyed it :)

That's some nicely-mixed music - I suppose it would be after 33 hours! I remember those days when I had no idea wtf I was doing - strangely, now that I do, I can't be arsed to spend that long. Paradoxical, I know.

Everything sounds great; my only gripe is I'd want a bit more variance in the melodic and rhythmic department, but I'd say that about damned near anything. Well done, I enjoyed this.

FrantzM wrote:
seismic1 wrote:I don't set deadlines for myself. I have enough of those at work :)
Smart. I only mentioned it because you know the exact hours which indicates that you are timing yourself.
seismic1 wrote:That 33 hours breaks down into 19 hours of structural and compositional work and 14 hours on the sonics. I don't know how this compares to other people.
I am sure there is extremely wide variation. In 33 hours, Remmie (Emerald Tablet) could write a triple album and complete a world tour :D. Whereas I could easily spend 33 hours fiddling with the sound design for one track.
I find it useful to have this info available later. I might be able to learn something from it. Yesterday I managed to make a basic ambient track in less than 1 hour. It seems to vary from track to track.

The lead that FrantzM mentions hits some sore spot in my ear, so I'm not fond of that sound. The rest of it I enjoyed, the slow section especially. Thanks, seismic1.
No longer a moderator.

tehlord wrote:I really like this a lot Tim. I managed to find a few minutes to sit down and give the cafe some love, and I had this playing on my headphones as I looked at another couple of pages on the net. All of a sudden I had images of Vin Diesel in some kind of action film, as that's what I see this track as!

The choir part in the middle is inspired. Truly atmospheric.

Nice buddy :)
Thanks for listening and for the great comments, Geoff. Glad you liked it :D

I have another piece with those vox coming in about 5 months (at this rate, anyway) :)

Cool soundscape. Could be in a movie maybe?

runagate wrote:That's some nicely-mixed music - I suppose it would be after 33 hours! I remember those days when I had no idea wtf I was doing - strangely, now that I do, I can't be arsed to spend that long. Paradoxical, I know.

Everything sounds great; my only gripe is I'd want a bit more variance in the melodic and rhythmic department, but I'd say that about damned near anything. Well done, I enjoyed this.
Thanks for the listen and comments, runagate. Glad you enjoyed this and happy that you liked the mix :)

I think about 14 hours was actually spent on the sonic aspects of the mix (including 3 hours lost when eXT crashed and I hadn't saved) :dog: I always tell myself that it won't happen again, and then I get lazy, or maybe I just enjoy playing chicken with the save button. :nutter:

D.H. Miltz wrote:The lead that FrantzM mentions hits some sore spot in my ear, so I'm not fond of that sound. The rest of it I enjoyed, the slow section especially. Thanks, seismic1.
Thanks very much for listening and commenting, DHM. Glad you liked most of it :)

No screaming syncs on the next one, but maybe a few harmonics.

Jesse Gorter wrote:Cool soundscape. Could be in a movie maybe?
Thanks Jesse, Glad you liked it. Thanks for listening and commenting :)

Return to “Music Cafe”