Antidote - New Rack Extension by Synapse Audio! (1.1. is out now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Antidote

We uploaded a couple new demos for Synapse Antidote:

Soul Of Antidote

Different Sort

Antidotarie

The first two demos are made by Harald Karla from Soundcells. The third demo is by Jordan Mills. All demos are 100% Antidote, including effects, with the only exception being the drum part in the second demo.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Richard_Synapse wrote:We uploaded a couple new demos for Synapse Antidote:

Soul Of Antidote

Different Sort

Antidotarie

The first two demos are made by Harald Karla from Soundcells. The third demo is by Jordan Mills. All demos are 100% Antidote, including effects, with the only exception being the drum part in the second demo.

Richard
Good stuff :wink: I'm really enjoying this synth. It's very addictive to work with - lost 2 hours yesterday just programming percussive sounds. In the context of Reason the mind boggles :shock: This is the Rack Extension Reason was waiting for.

New version of Antidote is out now! Some amazing new features! :D
Richard_Synapse wrote:Our synthesizer Antidote has been updated to v1.1, a major free update introducing new features and more patches! :)

New: Wavetable Synthesis

Antidote 1.1 gains wavetable synthesis, with currently 8 wavetables to choose from. The wavetable position is set using the Modifier knob. When changing the wavetable position, the blend between adjacent waveforms is perfectly smooth. All oscillator functions like stacking (Count, Dyad), Detune, Spread etc are available without restrictions when in Wavetable mode, so they act just like regular VA oscillators.

New: Rate Crush effect

Rate Crush (sometimes also referred to as Decimation or Rate Reduction) is a new mode in the Distortion section. Rate Crush alters the sound by downsampling the signal, employing a sample-and-hold circuit. The Drive knob controls the amount of downsampling to perform. A unique feature in Antidote's implementation is the Symmetry knob, which allows to perform downsampling only on a portion of the waveform, for instance the upper or lower half-wave.

New: Key Follow modulation source

Using key follow as a modulation source yields a value proportional to the frequency of the pressed MIDI key. This adds new sound design options, for example you can shorten the envelopes for higher keys (to simulate acoustic instruments like guitar), or just to apply key tracking to arbitrary sound parameters.

Extended: Phaser section

The phaser can now be toggled between 2, 4 and 6 stages. This allows for both more subtle, and more pronounced phasing effects. Using 6 stages, furthermore some formant-type effects can be achieved by adjusting/modulating the phasers spread and frequency parameters.

More Patches

This updated version gains 200 excellent patches by sound designers Daniel Thiel (eXode), Michael Kastrup and others. With this update, Antidote now comprises a total of 500 patches, plus the Combinator patches.

Further enhancements and bug fixes

- Improved performance for the Analog Saw waveform type.
- Improved performance when idle (ie no sound is being played, but some effects are active).
- Manual corrected and updated to reflect the new features in v1.1.
- LFO Amount modulation did not work properly when playing polyphonic, fixed.
- L/R Delay time did not always update on tempo changes, fixed.

Richard

The updated version gains wavetable synthesis, with currently 8 wavetables to choose from
Yeah that is a major update right there, more like going from version 1.0 to 2.0, than just 1.0 to 1.1 :shock:

Noticed today on synapse's page there is a superb new very cheap refill for antidote (9 euro)

http://www.synapse-audio.com/news-new-a ... ature.html
only listened to the 1ft audio demo but it sounds really good.

And to toot my own horn a little bit (most non-Reason users probably don't care anyway). I did not only provide a lot of factory presets for Antidote but I also provided inspiration for the concept/design of it. I'm credited on the last page of the manual:

http://www.synapse-audio.com/AntidoteREManual.pdf

Thanks Richard and company at Synapse Audio! :)

Not to mute your horn but the concept is based around Dune isnt it? (Updated code obviously)

:shrug:

I know and i never got to hear your presets as i got out of reason just before antidote release. Oh well. I am sure they are beyond excellent!

Kriminal wrote:Not to mute your horn but the concept is based around Dune isnt it? (Updated code obviously)

In that they are both based around subtractive analog synthesis... :P

You may think that the concept is from DUNE but on the other hand you didn't see my original written specification either. But if anything I'd say that I was inspired from Sylenth1 with the individual "unison" oscillators in stereo, but then there's a lot of things in Antidote that Sylenth1 doesn't offer. :)

eXode wrote:
Kriminal wrote:Not to mute your horn but the concept is based around Dune isnt it? (Updated code obviously)

In that they are both based around subtractive analog synthesis... :P

You may think that the concept is from DUNE but on the other hand you didn't see my original written specification either. But if anything I'd say that I was inspired from Sylenth1 with the individual "unison" oscillators in stereo, but then there's a lot of things in Antidote that Sylenth1 doesn't offer. :)
You only have to look at Dune & Anti to see the similarities, and Rich has even said the same.

Whatever makes you sleep at night. I'm still credited for the concept in the manual.

Have a banana :wink:

Kriminal wrote:Have a banana :wink:
Aw man, I wanted the "all I got was this lousy t-shirt" t-shirt! ;)
Last edited by eXode on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DP
Last edited by Kriminal on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Antidote VSTi version was released in April of 2002....three months before you even joined the Beta Forum and long before the Rack Extension version.....

And again..........
Richard wrote:
Kriminal wrote:The tech in Antidote will be in Dune V2, according to richard some time ago.
Yes, in fact it was developed for Dune 2 to begin with. But Dune 2 is still under heavy development, it is getting rather big. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”