a simple to use step MIDI-Recorder/-Player/-Sequencer - available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WOK wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Sounds like a big winner to me. :)
How much you are willing to pay?  :D
Potentially thousands depending on currency... :P

Yes vote here! But I am a huuuge WOK fanboi. :help:
Your mom used to alias, but now she is oversampled.
-----------------------
www.BASSFACErecords.com

Doc Brown wrote:
WOK wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Sounds like a big winner to me. :)
How much you are willing to pay?  :D
Potentially thousands depending on currency... :P
Italy has the Euro already :D (unfortunately :x )
ImageImage

schnapsglas wrote:If it shows 64 notes all at once, I'm in. I don't want to use Geist for such things... that's why. Any step sequencer is welcome for me, as long as it has some visual feedback and is a STEP sequencer, not a sequencer.
There will be two versions; the more advanced one will have 4 sequences with a display for each step, separate MIDI channels etc.

First, a simpler (possible free) one is in the works; record up to 64 steps, play them back (transposed) permanently or with reset on key pressed.
And this is what it might look like:

Last edited by WOK on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

WOK wrote:
schnapsglas wrote:If it shows 64 notes all at once, I'm in. I don't want to use Geist for such things... that's why. Any step sequencer is welcome for me, as long as it has some visual feedback and is a STEP sequencer, not a sequencer.
There will be two versions; the more advanced one will have 4 sequences with a display for each step, separate MIDI channels etc.

First, a simpler (possible free) one is in the works; record up to 64 steps, play them back (transposed) permanently or with reset on key pressed.
And this is what it might look like:

Awesome!

Great looking gui!

Question...would it be possible to have a speed up and slow down option that would bypass momentarily the hosts tempo? The reason I ask is because a lot of times I need to work out a sequence and it would be nice to slow it down to make things easier to compose and sequence.

After notes are correct and everything is looking and sounding good, take it off bypass and allow it to re-sync with host tempo.

What do you think WOK?

Did I mention the graphics look awesome? :o

Also...will it be ready by next week? lol :hihi:

Doc Brown wrote:Awesome!
Great looking gui!
Question...would it be possible to have a speed up and slow down option that would bypass momentarily the hosts tempo? The reason I ask is because a lot of times I need to work out a sequence and it would be nice to slow it down to make things easier to compose and sequence.
After notes are correct and everything is looking and sounding good, take it off bypass and allow it to re-sync with host tempo.
What do you think WOK?
This is a step recorder (like in the Korg Poly 800 anf other old synths); in (R)ecord mode, each MIDI key sent will be "recorded" for that step, switching forth to the next step. The (S)tep button will go on without a key (= empty step). So record speed doesn't matter, quantising is fixed this way, correcting not possible in this version, playback speed is set with the dial according to host tempo.
(Playback can also be step by step, non stop with the host or when a note is send in (P)layback mode until key is released (always with transpose by key input).
ImageImage

WOK wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Awesome!
Great looking gui!
What do you think WOK?
This is a step recorder (like in the Korg Poly 800 anf other old synths); in (R)ecord mode, each MIDI key sent will be "recorded" for that step, switching forth to the next step. The (S)tep button will go on without a key (= empty step). So record speed doesn't matter, quantising is fixed this way, correcting not possible in this version, playback speed is set with the dial according to host tempo.
(Playback can also be step by step, non stop with the host or when a note is send in (P)layback mode until key is released (always with transpose by key input).
Oh... I see now. Sorry didn't pick up on that.

Now I love it even more!

When can we pre order? :love:

Doc Brown wrote:When can we pre order? :love:
Have to redo some things because it was not stable at high speed (1/32, 1/64).
Will take some days. The small verson might be free (with a nagscreen) and an advanced version with 4 tracks and additional settings like swing, different speed/length/direction per track may be released if the interest is high enough...
ImageImage

WOK wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:When can we pre order? :love:
Have to redo some things because it was not stable at high speed (1/32, 1/64).
Will take some days. The small verson might be free (with a nagscreen) and an advanced version with 4 tracks and additional settings like swing, different speed/length/direction per track may be released if the interest is high enough...
The interest IS high enough... :hihi:

edit: final version ready soon.....
Last edited by WOK on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

WOK wrote:A public beta can be downloaded here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/shksqt
(click on "click here to start download from sendspace" !)

Limitation of the beta: 32 steps max. available

Please write your opinions here!
Hi,

just had a first test in windows 7 32-bit and Ableton Live 8.3.4.

As soon a you understand the conrols (the manual "! READ THIS FIRST ! Notenspeicher") is helpfull) it seems to work like intended. While recording the big "S" seems to be there to skip steps.

One feature which would be nice is to delete the last step (if it was wrong).

I also saved and reloaded a sequence as a *.fxp file which also seems to work nicely.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:As soon a you understand the conrols (the manual "! READ THIS FIRST ! Notenspeicher") is helpfull) it seems to work like intended.
Controls:

Left selector:
(K)ey play = play when the host play AND a MIDI key is pressed
(S)tep play = step play each time the big S-button is pressed
(H)ost play = play when the host plays

Sequence is always transposed by the last incoming MIDI note (middle C = play as recorded)

Right selector:
(R)ecord = each incoming MIDI note is memorized as one step. Press the S-button for an empty step
(O)ff = off
(P)lay = playback recorded sequence (see "Left selector" instructions)

Speed Dial:
select playback speed from 1 step per bar to 32 steps per bar (synced to host), with dotted/triplet inbetween.
ImageImage

Note: Beta has no other limitations and should be fully working. Can be installed / deleted without traces (.dll file only)
Ingonator wrote:One feature which would be nice is to delete the last step (if it was wrong). I also saved and reloaded a sequence as a *.fxp file which also seems to work nicely
1. Maybe in a bigger version.
2. Sequences are saved as a preset. So 128 sequences can be recorded into the internal (host managed) VST presets or saved as .fxp/.fxb
Note: Beta has a different VST ID than the final version, so saved data will not load in the final :oops:
ImageImage

So far i did not really find something that i would call a "bug". The current version seems to work as intended.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

coming at the weekend for a price of 3 €.....   :D

ImageImage

Return to “Instruments”