What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Sound Character Of Diva

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

User avatar
Urs
u-he
 
17020 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin
 

Postby Urs; Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:44 pm

Aural Chaos wrote:
That all has nothing to do with his analogy- how can you claim that the price of Komplete is artificially low because it forces people to buy NI's hardware, when it does no such thing?

So you're saying either Komplete is a bunch of cheapo softs or they are subsidizing it for other reasons. Let's please assume latter. What reason would NI have to sell Massive etc. for a few bucks each, if not a vast branding campaign? And why would they do that if not to increase revenue with their main products, Traktor controllers, audio interfaces and Maschine?

I'm sorry, but Komplete is the best value for money out there. You do however get into their database (maybe I should have used Google/Youtube as an analogy, but I didn't want to come across like a conspiracy theorist)

Maybe one day, if we ever manage to build Diva controllers, we'll sell Diva for 10 bucks and our controllers for 1000.
KVRAF
 
2470 posts since 30 May, 2006, from US / Italy

Postby liquidsound; Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:45 pm

I think if u-he would re-pack Diva with a different name and GUI and post it under a different developer some people would say that one is better than the other no matter what.
Love and hate and challenging attitude.

Diva is Diva. :D
MuLab & MUX, Zebra-Bazille-ACE-Diva-Diversion-Dune2-Xils4-Aalto
User avatar
Urs
u-he
 
17020 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin
 

Postby Urs; Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:47 pm

TheoM wrote:so is there ANY real chance of a u-he bundle? If so, this year? lol

Not sure. And even if, it won't be anywhere near the discount of Komplete. If ever then it'll be in the realm of 10% rather than 70%.
KVRAF
 
18910 posts since 4 Sep, 2001, from Melbourne Australia

Postby TheoM; Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:58 pm

10% is still a healthy savings :)

Oh, i would never expect some komplete discount.. that would be silly. NI do hardware, you don't..

Once again please make uhbik singles available.. despite what you might thing i bet you there are plenty of buyers who have not purchased cause they only want one or two of them.
"Just call me shitload, cause I own a shitload of plugins!"
KVRAF
 
18313 posts since 1 Oct, 2001, from England

Postby Kriminal; Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:00 pm

They do singles as Re's....
KVRAF
 
18910 posts since 4 Sep, 2001, from Melbourne Australia

Postby TheoM; Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:05 pm

hehe i sure know that, but i am banned for using reason for life, and i have been back on logic since october :)

and all i can say is, PRAISE THE LORD!

plus, diva will not make it to RE in the current RE cpu draining sdk, so now i get to use diva again.

Did you stop selling your banks? I can't find them.
"Just call me shitload, cause I own a shitload of plugins!"
User avatar
Urs
u-he
 
17020 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin
 

Postby Urs; Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:34 pm

Kriminal wrote:They do singles as Re's....

.. because Propellerhead have no bundle funcion in their shop :oops:
KVRAF
 
18910 posts since 4 Sep, 2001, from Melbourne Australia

Postby TheoM; Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:37 pm

Well sorry i am looking for a second hand Uhbik.. sorry if that offends URS but 149 is just too much for a flanger. I know that's hard for people to understand, but that's the uhbik i would use personally.

But diva i will buy direct next payday, i give you my 100% word on that


:)
"Just call me shitload, cause I own a shitload of plugins!"
User avatar
Urs
u-he
 
17020 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin
 

Postby Urs; Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:44 pm

TheoM wrote:Once again please make uhbik singles available.. despite what you might thing i bet you there are plenty of buyers who have not purchased cause they only want one or two of them.

I would seriously love to do that, but not sure how and when.

It would require a significant addition to our serial number scheme, as there would need to be a serial for the bundle and one for each single plug. That kind of interferes with those roughly 50 places where we check the serial number or else let the ui melt and such. This is a no go anytime soon. In essence, for a "this year solution" we would have to do just individual serial numbers for each plug. Which means that every user of the full bundle would have to reregister each single plug again. But this I'm not prepared to do... so hmmm, I can't see it happen anytime soon, I'm afraid :oops:
User avatar
Urs
u-he
 
17020 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin
 

Postby Urs; Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:51 pm

TheoM wrote:Well sorry i am looking for a second hand Uhbik.. sorry if that offends URS but 149 is just too much for a flanger. I know that's hard for people to understand, but that's the uhbik i would use personally.

But diva i will buy direct next payday, i give you my 100% word on that


:)

Not offended at all!

I'm currently in Melbourne btw. and I'd love to meet up, but my wife's Mum isn't doing well. It's pretty busy. Otherwise I'd organise another meet at Beer DeLuxe :-|
KVRAF
 
18910 posts since 4 Sep, 2001, from Melbourne Australia

Postby TheoM; Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:55 pm

We have to do it this time URS! we must! I will make it there no matter what.. even if i am in a wheelchair!

(no seriously will just take a good dose of the heavy pain meds, and will have a day out.. i need one)

Sorry about your mother in law :(

Wishing her the very best of health.

Well.. there must be a way we can do something.. that would be really cool as i was bummed i missed it last time because of my stupid back.

How long are you here for?

Are you on the same mobile number as last time?
"Just call me shitload, cause I own a shitload of plugins!"
KVRist
 
177 posts since 25 Apr, 2011

Postby Albert.VST; Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:23 pm

daExpert wrote:But when I play more aggressive lead sounds in Legacy Cell, V-station, and Dune, there isn't the tinnyness in the upper-frequencies that Diva has. On that sound demo when the filter was raised, you could definitely hear the harshness a bit that you wouldn't hear on other synths.


Like Urs said, maybe for the sounds you like Diva isn't your cup of tea. Diva is modelled after a range of hardware synths, and does this very well. But the sounds you like could be quite different than those obtained from these oldies.
KVRist
 
245 posts since 27 Nov, 2009
 

Postby Fred_Abstract; Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:06 pm

djanthonyw wrote:
Fred_Abstract wrote:i wish the sound was more raw,i don't know if it's in my head but i find the oscs to have something i ear in all uhe synths


I never liked the sound of any of the other u-he synths, but Diva is what got me. So I don't think it sounds like any of the others.


to me they all have something in common, from ace to zebra to filterscape and diva , u-he touch in the caractere, really enjoy these synths btw but yes sometimes i wish the sound was less polished and more dirty.
KVRist
 
318 posts since 20 Nov, 2005

Postby daExpert; Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:40 pm

Albert.VST wrote:
daExpert wrote:But when I play more aggressive lead sounds in Legacy Cell, V-station, and Dune, there isn't the tinnyness in the upper-frequencies that Diva has. On that sound demo when the filter was raised, you could definitely hear the harshness a bit that you wouldn't hear on other synths.


Like Urs said, maybe for the sounds you like Diva isn't your cup of tea. Diva is modeled after a range of hardware synths, and does this very well. But the sounds you like could be quite different than those obtained from these oldies.


Yeah I agree. I was never comparing Diva to a Minimoog or a Jupiter 8. Honestly, I've never actually played either. I'm more of a real instrument guy myself. I'm comparing Diva to the three best sounding virtual analogs I've played.

But when people say Diva is the best sounding virtual synth ever, I'm just not hearing that. When I sweep the filter in the virtual MS-20 I'm hearing a thicker, warmer sound than anything I'm hearing in Diva. The Legacy Cell probably has an advantage because you can layer two MS-20's or Polysix's and it might have better effects than Diva.

I would say V-Station is similar to KLAE. Except that it is a little more hi-fi and glossy, and not as 3-dimensional front-to-back.

I would say Dune is comparable to Diva in how good it sounds, with Dune having a more crisp, digital character and Diva having a more analog, "harsh" character.
User avatar
KVRAF
 
6679 posts since 20 Jul, 2004, from Boston
 

Postby djanthonyw; Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:09 pm

I find Dune's sound very dull, as if they are *trying* to make it sound analog. Something funky going on with the high frequencies, or lack there of.
You are currently reading my signature.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments