M-Audio Venom Analog Modeling Synthesizer

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ah ok, thanks.

Am i right in thinking you can save and load presets for the AUX FX in VenomEd?

Kriminal wrote:is it just me or are the knob settings odd in Venom....ie filter, you need to open it much more to than your average synth to get the same kind of freq...and Env attack/Decay, need to be set much higher to get a similar sound, I know not all synth are the same, but Venom seems to have extreme values...

(this is using VenomEd, not directly on the synth itsaelf, so maybe its that thats different?)
The cutoff filter is like that because it doesn't use 0-127 values, instead it's 0-1023. You have to turn lots more to get action off the filter, but this also makes it much smoother than most digital filters. Notice how you don't get a zipper or stepping effect?
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

but a setting of say 25% should still be the same (or thereabouts give a few %) compared with other synths? The values are just incrimentations are they not...? Also its the same with env parameters (not sure if they are lin/log/exp)

its not a big deal, just wanted to check...im used to it now but had me worried for a bit.

The encoders have acceleration curves. So, if you turn an encoder quickly you will cover a lot of values in a single turn, if you turn more slowly you will not cover the entire value range in a single turn.

Does that describe what you are experiencing or is it something different?

justin3am wrote:The encoders have acceleration curves. So, if you turn an encoder quickly you will cover a lot of values in a single turn, if you turn more slowly you will not cover the entire value range in a single turn.

Does that describe what you are experiencing or is it something different?
no, im editing on the pc, im not touching the actual synth.

Best way to describe it is this. Lets say i have a VST synth, i can usually set Filter Cut Off to about 25% for a nice bass sound. To get similar sound in Venom it needs to be around 40%. (i know synths are different but...)

Setting Amp Env Attack to around 20% still give 'instant' attack, i need to set it much higher before it even starts t fade in.

seems to me the first 25% ( or thereabouts) of some parameters do nothing...?

Congrats to the winners, Venom seems to be sold out in Thomann.de, only B-stock available now.

Looks like i got it just in time 8)

They didn't last long... :)

PatchAdamz wrote:They didn't last long... :)
They sold out really quick at Sweetwater too! :D
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

CapnLockheed wrote:
PatchAdamz wrote:They didn't last long... :)
They sold out really quick at Sweetwater too! :D
True and I expected it would.

Now that I have had mine for some time, very glad I got on the band wagon. :)

Me too! :D It not only feels good to have scored such great deal,(and I LOVE a good deal!), but it's exciting to be part of a user base that expanded so quickly. For a "dead" synth there's a lot of enthusiasm and support. Ironically more so it seems then when the Venom was actually in production....LOL!!

Big thanks to you Patch and mkdr for your contributions....they've definitely made Venom more fun and useful!! 8)

Cheers....CapLock :oops:

An amusing side note is the amount of these showing up on eBay listed as
New(other). I've seen this sort of thing before....all these ass-clowns buy
gear at closeout prices and think they can turn around and sell it for list! :hihi:

Nope!!! New ones are all gone! Venom isn't on Thomann.de anymore, full price or not.
We should praise ourselves happy but I really feel sorry for those who didn't manage to get in on this deal. By far the best deal I've done ever since I started buying hardware.

CapnLockheed wrote:
Big thanks to you Patch and mkdr for your contributions....they've definitely made Venom more fun and useful!! 8)

Cheers....CapLock :oops:
Thanks, its on sale with the discount code, (save20) for those that missed it.
Sonic Boost for Venom can be found HERE

jst noticed the Vyzex Editor has been updated to V1.2

http://support.vyzor.com/viewtopic.php? ... 9ffb9b7442

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”