Konkrete 3

RELATED
PRODUCTS
Konkrete 3

Thanks for listening guys. Upgrade bought.

And for put prices on with VAT. a pleasant surprise when I got to the checkout

Ian

soniccouture wrote:there is no expiration on the upgrade offers ( or refund vouchers), only on the main intro offer for new users.

James
Hi James -

K3 looks incredible. What is the intro offer for new users? i don't see any reference to that on the site.

Thanks

Intro Offer: New users can get 15% off Konkrete 3 (MSRP €99 / $129) until 18th February, 2013 :

ETNER CODE :TEAHGAF

Well, I haven't had as much free time as I'd like this past week, but I did start a couple of new tracks using Konkrete 3 as a rhythm base. A few impressions:

- The new kits offer a lot of variation. I especially like the ones based on real instruments like the extended piano and the guzheng kits. The sound quality gets an all-round "impeccable", much as I expected it to be. These sounds really beg to be used, just like the older Konkrete 1&2 sounds did. They are hugely evocative and inspiring.

- The beat shifter is a godsend. Really. I sold Tattoo a few months back, and I've been missing its take on scalable randomization more then I'd realized. This beat shifter lets you set up ever-shifting rhythms with ease. Add the glitch module to that, and presto! Instant Autechre.

- The mixer is pretty powerful, easy to use and well laid out. The real stars here are the two space modules - they offer some very cool IRs that can transform the drum sounds into something else entirely. If you can't find a sound to inspire you in the kits (which is in itself very unlikely), you can add your own bit of spice using these - with titles like "wall bounce", "dryer drum", "scraper" and "tight tank", you sort of get the idea of what awaits you here.

There are a few glitches that might be the fault of the host (sometimes the beat shifter doesn't start with the transport), but other than that, I have to say I'm greatly impressed and deliriously happy with Konkrete 3. You can tell it's been a labour of love, because there's so much attention to detail in there.

Great work, guys, and thanks again for listening to our feedback here and reacting so quickly. :tu:

Excellent, glad you're enjoying it. It's great to get feedback after working on something for so long.

Glad to see the Space modules get some attention - there's so much else going on in the instrument they tend to get overlooked, but you understand their intention - you can completely create new sounds and textures using the short IRs in Space 1.

thanks for taking the time to post.

James

Just a note about the "Host" transport control. Beat Shifter will start on the next bar line if you start your sequence between bars.

We did this because the length of the Beat Shifter is adjustable. If it's at 16 sixteenths it lines up with a 4/4 bar properly, so in theory could start anywhere within the bar. But if you want to get really Autechre and use odd lengths or note values, then we can't calculate where to start it -- it may not be in sync with the host's bar length. So the bar line trigger seemed the best compromise.

cheers
Dan

soniccouture wrote:Just a note about the "Host" transport control. Beat Shifter will start on the next bar line if you start your sequence between bars.

We did this because the length of the Beat Shifter is adjustable. If it's at 16 sixteenths it lines up with a 4/4 bar properly, so in theory could start anywhere within the bar. But if you want to get really Autechre and use odd lengths or note values, then we can't calculate where to start it -- it may not be in sync with the host's bar length. So the bar line trigger seemed the best compromise.

cheers
Dan
Yah, I noticed that, and it's a good solution. But sometimes it won't start unless I make the UI of Kontakt visible (!). I suspect that this is a Live issue, because I remember it happening with a sample lib (from another developer) that utilized an arpeggiator as well.

I would really like to buy just the Kontakt Engine and put my own samples in it.
I have full Komplete 8 and maschine and enough glitch samples...
Is that possible?

no, i'm afraid not. Konkrete is an encoded product and is not designed to load user samples.

Fair enough
Really wish you had a demo to try though

Just recorded the MIDI output from the Beat Shifter and it worked prefectly fine. Though, is it possible and would it be easy for you to implement so that the different Beat Shifter tracks send their respective trigs to different MIDI channels? I would be fine with static channels like 1 - 6.

Unfortunately that's not possible at the moment. Hopefully it will be possible in a future version of Kontakt, at which time we'll update our library to make use of it.

cheers
Dan
Soniccouture

soniccouture wrote:Unfortunately that's not possible at the moment. Hopefully it will be possible in a future version of Kontakt, at which time we'll update our library to make use of it.

cheers
Dan
Soniccouture
Ah. Anyway, thanks for the fast reply.

Hey guys, more of a Maschine Question but is there any way in Keyboard mode to be able to use the step sequencer for each specific key?

Other wise the only way is to draw them in?

Hi,
Sorry for the delayed reply :

Unfortunately, this isn't currently possible - any drum VSTi such as Battery 3 and Kontakt cannot be sequenced in Maschine's step sequencer - only a single root note that the pad is assigned to, will be sequenced. The same applies if you wish to sequence any multi-timbral VSTi instrument using Maschine's step sequencer, too.

One work around is to use multiple instances of Konkrete 3, one for each pad/sound, while changing the root note for each pad - but this is obviously not ideal, especially since Maschine doesn't support multi-core processing. Another work around, if using a DAW such as Cubase or Ableton Live, is to run Konkrete as a Kontakt instrument in your main DAW, and then use Maschine to send midi to the Maschine VSTi - however of course you lose the features and benefit of using Konkrete 3 inside of Maschine.

NI are aware of this issue and it appears to be on the 'to do' list, so hopefully NI will introduce this feature soon in a future update.

James

Return to “Soniccouture”