Looking for a good 3 tier keyboard stand

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm looking for a good solid 3 tier keyboard stand here for x1 49 key and x2 37 key.. Any suggestions/links please?

Thanks

Rob

Oh thanks for that link, never thought of looking at Thomann i bought my desk from there a few years back and they deliver pretty quick to the UK so thanks i'll take my pick from that lot.. gonna look for one where the top 2 tiers can tilt :-)

Rob

I just got this in black.
http://www.thomann.de/gb/millenium_ks3000_s.htm

If they do a 3 tier one, i would highly recommend it.

Kriminal wrote:I just got this in black.
http://www.thomann.de/gb/millenium_ks3000_s.htm

If they do a 3 tier one, i would highly recommend it.
Nice.. :-) I'm looking at the 3 tier ones, nice stuff they have there at Thomann.

Rob

Yeah got it last week with the Venom 8)

Kriminal wrote:Yeah got it last week with the Venom 8)
Venon? Is that any good Dave? I see them very cheap at places. Why so cheap, are they dodgy or something?

Rob

I really like it. Its discontinued now, hence the price. A new pc editor just came out tho. You prob have your VA covered with Novation tho.

Kriminal wrote:I really like it. Its discontinued now, hence the price. A new pc editor just came out tho. You prob have your VA covered with Novation tho.
Yeah i got all my stuff covered now. I was curious about that Venom though Dave. You should do a patch bank for it. I'm doing a couple of banks for Ultra Nova here and then the Elektron MDUW kits etc.. also just playing with the Moog Minitaur i got yesterday. That has my basses etc covered and has a vst editor so i'm gonna do a batch of patches for that too.

If i can pick up a Venom cheap some day i might do some for that :-) Soft synths bore me.. except the Diva and Synthmaster :-)

Rob

I've had one of these for quite a few years...

From a picture they don't look that solid but they are. You'd have to work hard to knock one over. Nice also that they're adjustable for height and tilt, although you'd struggle to get a full size keyboard on the top tier. It would probably hold one at a push though. Good old Quiklok - they're the sturdiest stands I've used so far. Main drawback is that there's too small a gap between the top and 2nd tiers, so if you have a tall synth it has to go on the top one (for example I can't fit the MS20 onto the 2nd tier...both because of the small gap and the arms are too far apart). But for normal sized synths - they all fit OK.

http://www.quiklok.com/catalog/?p=p_3
Last edited by kritikon on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm very partial to K&M Spider Pro. It's a 2-tier stand, but you can buy an additional pair of hands to make it 3-tier. It is extremely sturdy and stable.

Thanks for the input here, much appreciated :-)

Rob

I've got all three styles suggested so far. My favorite is the Jaspers 3d series (although mine are Pro Stack, but the same design). On the top is my SY77, middle holds the Juno 106, and Korg DW8000 on the bottom.
I use the one Dave has for gigging, it resides where we rehearse, and it holds my Yamaha MM8 on the bottom, and Ensoniq ESQ1 on top..haven't seen these in 3 tiers, but haven't really looked either. This one is sturdy, it even held my Korg 01/W ProX (but it took 2 of us to lift, hence being replaced by the MM8, lol)
The Quick-lok worked fine as well, but..I just didn't trust it.

bluedad wrote:I've got all three styles suggested so far. My favorite is the Jaspers 3d series (although mine are Pro Stack, but the same design). On the top is my SY77, middle holds the Juno 106, and Korg DW8000 on the bottom.
I use the one Dave has for gigging, it resides where we rehearse, and it holds my Yamaha MM8 on the bottom, and Ensoniq ESQ1 on top..haven't seen these in 3 tiers, but haven't really looked either. This one is sturdy, it even held my Korg 01/W ProX (but it took 2 of us to lift, hence being replaced by the MM8, lol)
The Quick-lok worked fine as well, but..I just didn't trust it.
Nice set of synths you have there bluedad :-)

Rob

+1 for Spider PRO, it can hold an elephant baby ;)

I got 3 Tiers on mine but only using the 2 of them right now. My setup is kinda out of the ordinary because i use it as a combined stand. Beside the Spider PRO i'm using a support board + 2 small rack stands for the setup.

http://www.xsynth.com/download/SpiderPRO.jpg

/Michael
www.xsynth.com - Sound Synthesis with Vintage flavour

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”