Ultranova 37 key synth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I just purchased this bad boy and I was hoping some people could tell me if this was a great purchase. Honestly, I heard it's a dope synth and vocoder, but can I get some honest comments in here.

Talk about your experiences with it. Good bad..

royaldeadman wrote:So I just purchased this bad boy and I was hoping some people could tell me if this was a great purchase. Honestly, I heard it's a dope synth and vocoder, but can I get some honest comments in here.

They are that good (TO MY EARS) i bought 2 of them just so i could use 2 parts in a track without bouncing audio.. I'll produce a bank of patches for this one shortly. Check out the vst editor it looks amazing (BUGGY WHILST SWITCHING WAVE FORMS IN CUBASE 7 x64) but the sound of this is great. I always did like Novation synths.. next stop i get the Mininova.

Rob

Ok, I'm glad I made a decent purchase. So with this can I move my 88 key akai off the table and just use the ultra nova with komplete?

rob_lee wrote:next stop i get the Mininova.
rob_lee wrote:I think i'm all set now, no more buying for a while now..
:roll: :D
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

royaldeadman wrote:Ok, I'm glad I made a decent purchase. So with this can I move my 88 key akai off the table and just use the ultra nova with komplete?
Yeah can use the Ultra Nova with Komplete no problem.. i'm controlling vrious hardware and software with mine. You'll have to bounce each track as audio though as the UN is only 1 part :-( I hope Novation comes out with an ULTRA NOVA MAX (i said it first lol) that would give us a 4-6 or even 8 part beast like the old days. Are you listening Novation? :D

Rob

Mushy Mushy wrote:
rob_lee wrote:next stop i get the Mininova.
rob_lee wrote:I think i'm all set now, no more buying for a while now..
:roll: :D
Sorry Mushy lol i can get a new one for £220 and some soft synths cost near that or not far off and i'd rather twiddle knobs.. :-)

Rob

I thought it was the best sounding HW synth I've heard lately testing in the Music stores. Plus it has aftertouch and keyboard is a LOT better than anything in the price range. Very nice feel to it, and 25 is not enough but I cn get along with 37. Just haven't got the coin yet as I need a new computer. :)

DHR53 wrote:I thought it was the best sounding HW synth I've heard lately testing in the Music stores. Plus it has aftertouch and keyboard is a LOT better than anything in the price range. Very nice feel to it, and 25 is not enough but I cn get along with 37. Just haven't got the coin yet as I need a new computer. :)
+1

The synth is great. 37 keys for me is perfect too, just about right. :-)

Rob

so what kind of music would be able to be made with this synth? Any?

royaldeadman wrote:So I just purchased this bad boy and I was hoping some people could tell me if this was a great purchase. Honestly, I heard it's a dope synth and vocoder, but can I get some honest comments in here.

Doesn't one normally ask that before buying?
royaldeadman wrote:so what kind of music would be able to be made with this synth? Any?
And that?

Not giving you any crap, just saying. Hopefully the ultranova will suit you, I've heard good things about it, although I have never used one myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y-3-4gvxhs

:)

Really love the pads of this thing. Novation synths always seem to be able to produce nice, spacey crystal clear pads. Also the filters are great.

royaldeadman wrote:so what kind of music would be able to be made with this synth? Any?
Well any kind of music can be produced with them. Did you try before you bought it as @KBSoundSmith asked? I knew the quality of Novation synths over the years so i went down the local store and tried one out and walked out with 2 of them as i knew they were only monophonic.. when ULTRA NOVA was announced i thought YES here we go again, another SUPERNOVA like synth with 8 parts but it wasn't to be but i bought them anyways. To me the Novation sound suits me.. I use them more than my Virus TI2 Polar i don't think you can go wrong with one of these and the VST plugin editor is just the best looking GUI i ever seen before although it has a bug when used in Cubase 7 x64 it freezes while trying to select any waveform :-(
I'm sure it's been reported and a fix is due though. I hope that Focusrite/Novation are listening and bring out an ULTRA NOVA MAX that has 4-6 parts and more poly in the future.

Rob :)

I stood by one at guitar center and heard it. I never played it though. Looks cool. I also have that piano synth bundle ....trying to think of the name....

ahhh....

6 legendary synths and pianos. big bundle and is like $500 someone throw a name out. I can't think of the name at the moment.

But yes so I have that too.

Here's my two.. i colour matched them to my setup.. blue didn't quite fit the room :-)

Rob

I bought this and resold it - the vst editor/hardware/Daw intergration was flawless, I however didn't like it's sound personally after a while!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”