What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  
KVRer

2 posts since 30 Nov, 2011, from Staten Island, NY

Postby questthewordsmith; Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:45 am

Just found this forum! sorry for the email bother, Shannon. I have only 2 feature requests:

1. Pad Banks - I see that others reject this feature, but clogging up a screen with more pads will become an eyesore and cumbersome. Plus, most MPC-style controllers only feature 16 pads AND have bank buttons to boot. I realize there's controllers with more than 16 pads, but they're tiny and impractical. Nothing like a full-sized pad for mashing out a beat :D. Pad banks please.

2. Right-click to folder - I'd like to be able to right click the browser and have an option to "view file in folder" where windows explorer opens up the folder containing the file. This is helpful as I can do a quick edit to the file in say Goldwave, save, then go back to Poise and drag it to a pad. This would be a workflow enhancement for me and I'm sure others.
KVRist

45 posts since 14 Dec, 2011

Postby milo2112; Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:45 am

Not sure if this has been asked before.... but Drag and Drop of samples from the DAW (like reaper...)to Poise pad would be nifty. In my tiny brain, I imagine this would be hard to do as each DAW probably handles drag and drop differently.

Thanks
KVRAF

5363 posts since 28 Apr, 2004, from france

Postby sinkmusic; Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:56 am

milo2112 wrote:Not sure if this has been asked before.... but Drag and Drop of samples from the DAW (like reaper...)to Poise pad would be nifty. In my tiny brain, I imagine this would be hard to do as each DAW probably handles drag and drop differently.

Thanks

You can do that already : try [ctrl+drag] or something like that.
KVRian

1195 posts since 14 Dec, 2003, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby very angry mobster; Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:44 am

questthewordsmith wrote:2. Right-click to folder - I'd like to be able to right click the browser and have an option to "view file in folder" where windows explorer opens up the folder containing the file. This is helpful as I can do a quick edit to the file in say Goldwave, save, then go back to Poise and drag it to a pad. This would be a workflow enhancement for me and I'm sure others.

Hi Quest, welcome to the forum. :) This is a good idea, I'll aim to have it in the next release. Cheers,
KVRian

Postby very angry mobster; Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:47 am

sinkmusic wrote:
milo2112 wrote:Not sure if this has been asked before.... but Drag and Drop of samples from the DAW (like reaper...)to Poise pad would be nifty. In my tiny brain, I imagine this would be hard to do as each DAW probably handles drag and drop differently.

Thanks

You can do that already : try [ctrl+drag] or something like that.

As SinkMusic says, Poise will already do this in some hosts. It works in Reaper. if [ctrl+drag] doesn't work, try [ctrl+alt+drag].

Poise already accepts drag and dropped files. Usually if you can't drag from the host project timeline it's a limitation of the host.

Shannon
nym
KVRist

168 posts since 28 May, 2008, from san francisco

Postby nym; Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:00 pm

what are the possibilities for a jjos MPC pgm file import?
even a very very simple one - with no envelope, layer, velocity, fx settings - just samples to pad.
electronic instrumentalism, MIDI instrument design, and words.
KVRian

Postby very angry mobster; Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:33 pm

nym wrote:what are the possibilities for a jjos MPC pgm file import?
even a very very simple one - with no envelope, layer, velocity, fx settings - just samples to pad.

Is the format human readable? Is it documented anywhere? If so I'll take a look.
nym
KVRist

168 posts since 28 May, 2008, from san francisco

Postby nym; Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:34 pm

very angry mobster wrote:

Is the format human readable? Is it documented anywhere? If so I'll take a look.

i sent you some documentation in an email. thanks
electronic instrumentalism, MIDI instrument design, and words.
KVRian

Postby very angry mobster; Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:27 pm

nym wrote:
very angry mobster wrote:

i sent you some documentation in an email. thanks

Thanks Nym, that info's great. Just looking at it quickly now and it should be doable. Could you email me a couple small drum kits so I can test the import code has I write it please?
KVRist

159 posts since 13 May, 2004

Postby themixtape; Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:08 am

Thanks

Hold CTRL+ALT to drag a chopped piece from a Reaper track into a Poise cell. Easiest thing in the world.
KVRist

159 posts since 13 May, 2004

Postby themixtape; Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:14 am

I think pad banks would be a great idea.

Right now, I use three instances of Poise (1st for drums, 2nd for sample chops, 3rd for more sample chops)... in Reaper. Planning on doing a video showing exactly how I use it (and man, the workflow is FAST and awesome)....

But yeah, I could see pad banks as a REALLY useful tool. Midi-mappable of course (and able to send to a different midi channel). It would be great to just use one instance of Poise to have everything I need in one place. Maybe a Poise 2.0 feature?

Also, maybe some more effects... though I can't think of anything off-hand that would be better than the built-ins.

I've said it a million times all over the web... Poise RULES. Shannon, you did an amazing job.

I have a tutorial on the Reaper forum called "Better than MPC workflow for $200 - Poise, Reaper, MPD18"

I'll do a video soon.

I am using Poise more and more, and Maschine (in VST mode) less and less. It's crazy. Poise is just fast, perfect, and easy. I am proud to be a supporter/buyer of One Small Clue products.
KVRian

Postby very angry mobster; Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:10 pm

Thanks for the praise TheMixTape. :D

Pad banks is definitely something that needs to be considered when Poise 2.0 gets closer.

Shannon
KVRer

1 post since 26 Mar, 2013

Postby lemuet; Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:54 pm

Hello there, I've been a happy Poise user for a couple years now mainly in Reaper, such a fantastic combo!

Poise is so awesome I almost feel bad making a feature request, hehe. But well, there is one feature lacking that would make it able to be used as a multi-microphone drums sampler, something I've been dreaming using Poise for since a long time. There are a few other existing plugins that can do it but I find them very bloated or very time consuming to setup, complicated and no fun to use, most of them only come with their own kits and won't let you create your own, etc.

With Poise it's actually pretty close to being doable already using round-robin but it's a bit risky and can become major headache when one pad becomes unsynced and such. Obviously Poise was not designed for this, but I thought I should ask in case it could be implemented.

Essentially the only thing missing would be an option to link pads AND layers. To be able to use one pad as "master" which linked pad would always follow and trigger the same corresponding layer. Ie: if pad1 triggers it's layer #2, then all linked pads would trigger their layer #2. Basically this "master" pad could be set to random or round-robin and all linked pads would always follow it to trigger corresponding layer number.

I realize it doesn't sound like good design since it's only for a very specific use and only makes sense if linked pads contain same number of sample layers, but maybe making that option unavailable when a pad doesn't contain same number or layers? I am no coder but while looking at current options I can imagine there could be a "Layer link" setting under the "Pad link" option, which could be accessible after a pad containing correct number of layers has been linked. Possibly "Mirror triggered layers from linked pad" or something like that? I can't think of something more descriptive and understandable for a name at the moment.

In any case, Poise is already my go-to sampler and missing this feature won't change that. But if it did have it, I would have very little use for anything else, hehe.

Thanks again for the amazing software!
KVRist

36 posts since 11 Jun, 2012

Postby bm1000; Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:23 pm

Hello, I've recently tried Poise at my friend's place and really liked it. I've been using Battery for some time, but instantly fell in love with the simplicity and efficiency of Poise. It can do all the stuff I need a sampler to do but seems to be a lot faster than anything else (the browser especially, the way the arrow keys work is perfect). I also don't need compressors, eq's or reverbs within my sampler as I have them within my daw already.

The only thing missing for me from Poise (also from Battery) is per sample hi- and low-pass filtering within a pad. It would be great for drum hit layering, which I would like to do within one pad, in stead of using pad linking. It would also be awesome if you could assign midi velocity to modulate the filter parameters in both directions.

Anyways, whether you decide to implement anything like my suggestion or not, I will be a One Small Clue customer as soon as I have money again (a month or two).
KVRian

Postby very angry mobster; Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:37 pm

lemuet wrote:...there is one feature lacking that would make it able to be used as a multi-microphone drums sampler...

Hi Lemuet,

Thanks for the detailed feature request. I can see how a "LINK PAD + LAYER" type feature would be useful. It's not something that's been suggested before. I'll have to look at the code to see how difficult it would be to implement. I'll keep it in mind next time I'm adding features to Poise.

Thanks,
Shannon
PreviousNext

Moderator: very angry mobster

Return to One Small Clue