Elektron Analog Four

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No probs Justin cheers mate.

PS

Registered P4 today :-)

I noticed when the MDUW got delivered i had a Turbo midi interface inside the box but there was not one in the Monomachine box although it says it's for use with that too. Any idea about this? I mean should i buy another one separate to use with the MM?
Wonder why it just came with the MDUW..

Rob

rob_lee wrote:I noticed when the MDUW got delivered i had a Turbo midi interface inside the box but there was not one in the Monomachine box although it says it's for use with that too. Any idea about this? I mean should i buy another one separate to use with the MM?
It only comes with the MachineDrum. Just midi through it.

Uncle E wrote:
rob_lee wrote:I noticed when the MDUW got delivered i had a Turbo midi interface inside the box but there was not one in the Monomachine box although it says it's for use with that too. Any idea about this? I mean should i buy another one separate to use with the MM?
It only comes with the MachineDrum. Just midi through it.
Cheers Eric.. i just midi thru'd it :D

Rob

justin3am wrote: With regards to audio interfaces... I love the Motu 828mk3.
Pffft i didn't have enough funds today for the 828 MK3 so i had to settle for the Ultralite MK3 :-( I'm still happy with it after watching video demos on YouTube. That's coming monday..
PS
I got the Minitaur today rigged with Machine Drum and it sound BIG lol.. that filter rocks. Now the A4 will complete my live setup.

Rob

The main place where the Ultralite falling short for you compared to an 828 or Saffire Pro 40 is the lack of ADAT I/O. With that, you could get an ADA8000 for around the same price as a submixer and still have the ability to keep each synth output on distinct channels.

Uncle E wrote:The main place where the Ultralite falling short for you compared to an 828 or Saffire Pro 40 is the lack of ADAT I/O. With that, you could get an ADA8000 for around the same price as a submixer and still have the ability to keep each synth output on distinct channels.
Yeah true Eric.. i think this will have to do for now though. Later i'll get something else and use the Ultralite for my laptop setup. I might get one of them Behringer Sub mixers and pipe the output to a pair of the Ultralites inputs and do it that way for now though if you know what i mean. :-)

Rob

Is there any news if/when A4 would be able to play chord?
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote:Is there any news if/when A4 would be able to play chord?
Do Elektron plan on making this possible? I know there are tricks to get around this as talked about in this video below but it would be great if A4 could do that as standard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO1NiOaWIHU

Rob

I have to say here that making music live tweaking with these Elektron machines are more fun than producing with my DAW and typing in notes with a mouse. Doing stuff on the fly, locking parameters etc is truly amazing. Can't wait to hook up my other synths on monday when the audio interface arrives and test them all together. Hats off the the Elektron guys for the parameter lock feature alone as well as bring top notch hardware out.

Rob

No one outside of Elektron knows what the plan for polyphony. It would be nice, but at this point I'm not holding my breath. It's a brilliant synth anyway, and as you say there are workarounds.

For a hardware based solution that has other neat features check out this:

http://mutable-instruments.net/midipal

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

rob_lee wrote:I have to say here that making music live tweaking with these Elektron machines are more fun than producing with my DAW and typing in notes with a mouse.
Have you worked with Maschine and Spark? Personally, these are the perfect solutions for me, providing all the fun of hardware with all the convenience and flexibility of software.

When I used to perform live with hardware 15 years ago, my biggest challenge was bringing it into the studio. It always ended up being that I had separate live and studio rigs, and each served a distinct task that provided distinct results. You'll be better off than I was if you get yourself direct inputs for each synth/drum machine output but you'll be in a similar position to mine if you go the submix route.

Uncle E wrote:
Have you worked with Maschine and Spark? Personally, these are the perfect [/quote]

I have Maschine but i sold Spark ages ago Eric. I'll use all of them for different tasks. I need a computer for Maschine though where as i don't for MD.

Rob

rob_lee wrote:I have Maschine but i sold Spark ages ago Eric. I'll use all of them for different tasks. I need a computer for Maschine though where as i don't for MD.
Yup, I get that. A MachineDrum TI would be perfect. :)

Uncle E wrote:
rob_lee wrote:I have Maschine but i sold Spark ages ago Eric. I'll use all of them for different tasks. I need a computer for Maschine though where as i don't for MD.
Yup, I get that. A MachineDrum TI would be perfect. :)
I'll have to put these things down for a bit and make some sounds cause all iv'e done is play for days now lol... not getting any other work done Eric. Nothing like playing stuff live.

Rob

rob_lee wrote:Nothing like playing stuff live.
Agreed! We used to write sequences live, no two performances were the same! :)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”