TX16Wx 2.1.0 b6 - switchable outputs

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello fellow sample-lovers!
New update again, as promised. This time it is a single feature, but boy, has this been a long requested one:

Switchable Mono/Stereo outputs!

Yes, in the TX16Wx professional you can now freely turn the mono outputs into stereo pairs, thus enabling 4-8 stereo outputs. Trust me, this was trickier than it sounds to implement well. ;-)

Mono pairs can be turned into stereo in the settings page, and the current setup will be saved with the bank data. Please note the setting that determines which bank data files will load output configuration though; by default, only DAW bank data (your project file) will load output configuration, not a bank file read from disk. This is because while TX16Wx internally will happily switch its operating mode, the containing host will not, and you must rebuild your output routing when you change the output configuration.

Version 2.1.0 b6 (2013-02-17)
  • Mono outputs can now be switched to stereo busses in pro version
Download as always from http://www.tx16wx.com/

Next up in TX16Wx land will be a special gift to you all, that I hope will forever end the debate on which is the greatest software sampler of all times (hint: the correct answer begins with a T and is hard to pronounce unless you are Swedish). Also, I will add to the effects palette and fix some of the old work flow issues I know of.

Happy sampling
/C
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Glad as always to see a new build! I'm curious, why can we not convert the four existing stereo busses to mono? Wouldn't it be better to have 16 freely configurable outputs? Not that it's a big deal for me. As I said, I've been content so far with the 4S + 8M setup but it's nice to have options.
elcallio wrote:Next up in TX16Wx land will be a special gift to you all, that I hope will forever end the debate on which is the greatest software sampler of all times...
You're such a tease! :)

Glad to hear you're going to focus on workflow stuff. Little things make such a big difference to the user experience.

If I convert M1 + M2 to stereo, the stereo group is called "M1+2", which seems kinda weird. I'd suggest labelling the mono outputs starting at 9, so I'd get "S9+10".

IXIX wrote:Glad as always to see a new build!
elcallio wrote:Next up in TX16Wx land will be a special gift to you all, that I hope will forever end the debate on which is the greatest software sampler of all times...
You're such a tease! :)

Glad to hear you're going to focus on workflow stuff. Little things make such a big difference to the user experience.
+1 to everything here : thank you for the update, you tease me with your (un)-announcement, and i'm glad to know that the overall workflow will be taken care of ;)

elcallio wrote:New update again, as promised.
Thanks for the update!
elcallio wrote:Next up in TX16Wx land will be a special gift to you all, that I hope will forever end the debate on which is the greatest software sampler of all times (hint: the correct answer begins with a T and is hard to pronounce unless you are Swedish). Also, I will add to the effects palette and fix some of the old work flow issues I know of.
Can't wait to see what this is all about.

IXIX wrote:If I convert M1 + M2 to stereo, the stereo group is called "M1+2", which seems kinda weird. I'd suggest labelling the mono outputs starting at 9, so I'd get "S9+10".
The name is to remind you that you are looking at the M1 + M2 outputs in pairs. Deal with it. ;-)
(If you want another reason its that the last pair would be M15 + 16, which is too long to fit comfortably in some menus)
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

IXIX wrote:Glad as always to see a new build! I'm curious, why can we not convert the four existing stereo busses to mono? Wouldn't it be better to have 16 freely configurable outputs? Not that it's a big deal for me. As I said, I've been content so far with the 4S + 8M setup but it's nice to have options.
Three reasons:
  1. People have asked for more stereo outputs, not the other way around
  2. I need to keep at the very least one stereo output (well, perhaps not need, but...). Thus it makes sense to keep either one or all four first ones. I chose the latter
  3. Backwards compatibility. Using the mono outputs for stereo will still keep the "canonical" notation in programs. I.e a program assigned M1+2 will in fact be assigned to either M1 or M2, which in turn will be handled on load time. The same process does not work as well the other way around (which mono is S1+2?).
Nothing that I mention is stuff that could not be dealt with, however I feel that the current solution is "good enough" while keeping a bunch of nice properties that make the code less complex -> less error prone -> good!
Cheers
/C
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Fairy nuff :) Like I said, no big deal here, just curious.

elcallio wrote:
IXIX wrote:If I convert M1 + M2 to stereo, the stereo group is called "M1+2", which seems kinda weird. I'd suggest labelling the mono outputs starting at 9, so I'd get "S9+10".
The name is to remind you that you are looking at the M1 + M2 outputs in pairs. Deal with it. ;-)
(If you want another reason its that the last pair would be M15 + 16, which is too long to fit comfortably in some menus)
So, give us the possibility to rename outputs at will? :) I'd just name them Out 1 through Out 8, that would fit pretty much anywhere I reckon (I have no use for mono outputs).

The accumulating features of the TX16WX are increasingly exciting!

Two issues:

1. Should the license.txl file be working at this point?

2. The insert values are saved to the txprog file but seem not read back correctly. Only tried on VSTHost.

Thanks!

Dan

T............ uhm :? Had it been "S" i would have guessed on sjuksköterska .. but T?!

Gnnnnn.. :nutter: :help:
:hug:

dansudden wrote:The accumulating features of the TX16WX are increasingly exciting!

Two issues:

1. Should the license.txl file be working at this point?

2. The insert values are saved to the txprog file but seem not read back correctly. Only tried on VSTHost.

Thanks!

Dan
1.) License is working, yes. If in doubt, just drag&drop the file into the TX16Wx window and it will be installed properly. After that you should have a nice "Pro" message.
2.) Meh. Yes, there is (was) a bug in resolving/setting parameters. I've fixed it here. Thanks for the heads up.
Cheers
/C
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Return to “CWITEC”