FabFilter - Pro Bundle Review (@Beatstruggles)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey everyone,

GratuiTous from Beatstruggles.com,

When trying out the FabFilter 30 day free trial, I instantly knew these were going to improve my mixing.
  1. Their awesome visual appearance showing you everything that is going on within the audio
  2. Very low CPU usage
  3. Very unique plugins that give you lots of flexibility when it comes time for routing your audio!
Here is my review on the bundle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuVcpv133gw

Remember, it's not the plugins that "make your music better", but nicer plugins sure help. (Especially with the visual FabFilter gives you!).

You can stay up to date with Beatstruggles by signing up to the Beatstruggles News letter! (Get free sounds by Sounds in HD as well!)

*Note - Beatstruggles now has a CONTEST ONLY NEWSLETTER. If you just want to be updated when Beatstruggles has contests, make sure to click the check box!*

GratuiTous!
Beatmaking Courses:
https://itsGratuiTous.com/

Thanks for the video, it made me want the bundle now :hihi:
[Insert Signature Here]

bailees7irish wrote:Thanks for the video, it made me want the bundle now :hihi:
Thanks for checkin' it! -- I haven't come across plugins like this.

I've never personally invested in mixing plugins (Always used FL Studio's stock!), until I tried FabFilter, so I thought it was time to move up!

Real impressed!
Beatmaking Courses:

"super high quality" :P
sidechain compressor filter is a "very unique" feature :P

heh, I'm just messin' around. :) I also go nuts when testing good "new" plugins.

They are great plugs indeed, but with the amount of quality and feature rich plugins these days, the FF plugs aren't so "unique" really.

3ee wrote:"super high quality" :P
sidechain compressor filter is a "very unique" feature :P

heh, I'm just messin' around. :) I also go nuts when testing good "new" plugins.

They are great plugs indeed, but with the amount of quality and feature rich plugins these days, the FF plugs aren't so "unique" really.
I think Fabfilter stuff is still unique. They definitely have their own thing going on. When I use a Fabfilter plugin, it FEELS like I'm using a Fabfilter plugin. If that isn't unique, I don't know what is... :P
[Insert Signature Here]

bailees7irish wrote:I think Fabfilter stuff is still unique. They definitely have their own thing going on. When I use a Fabfilter plugin, it FEELS like I'm using a Fabfilter plugin. If that isn't unique, I don't know what is... :P
That's your argument? :P

When I use plugin X (with the same features) if also FEELS like I'm using plugin X so therefore it must be unique. ;)

I agree that the FF plugs are overall great plugs and they might have their own feel when using them but that doesn't necessarily make them "super high quality" and "unique"

I also didn't say that some of their aspects weren't unique also...
I'm just trying to keep things in perspective that all.

Fabfilter plugs have a lot of intelligent stuff going on under the hood, and they are visually inspiring and functional. They are as high end as anything out there. Can't wait until they introduce oversampling into all of their plugins.

zentatonic wrote:Fabfilter plugs have a lot of intelligent stuff going on under the hood, and they are visually inspiring and functional. They are as high end as anything out there. Can't wait until they introduce oversampling into all of their plugins.
I'd be very interested in a multiband compressor from FabFilter. I'm looking for a great visual multiband compressor that is very light on CPU, yet very visual like their Pro-C! (hint hint FabFilter :hihi: ) -- Great for mastering time!

@3ee -- I feel their plugins are very unique within their GUI, such as holding down alt and moving both knobs like on their limiter to hear "accurate limiting" rather than boosting up and saying, "it's loud so it's better".

**-- Also, @3ee, what other plugins would you compare to the FabFilter ones?

Just overall very creative design and functionality. Within my plugin toolbox, their at the top of the list!

Thanks for sharing everyone!
Beatmaking Courses:

^ FF might release a MB compressor next.. if you think about it, PRO-DS can be a multiband (one band bust still) at a click or a button. So, if they had released the PRO-MB first, the PRO-DS would have been barely interesting I guess, since you can de-ess with MB compressors.

There are great plugs all around, some have similar features and some have others.

For example, Pro-Q can be directly compared with DMG EQuick. (EQuick not only sounds better IMO, but takes up less CPU also)

Pro-C seems to be compared with DMG Compassion (didn't test Compassion and barely played around with Pro-C even though I'm familiar with all it's features)

PRO-L can be compared with the new Ozone 5 limiter maybe. For different features, Waves L3

Note that the only FF plugs that I tested heavily are the Pro-Q and Saturn

An apparently great de-esser could be the SPL one ( https://plugin-alliance.com/en/plugins/ ... esser.html )
...but it has different features than PRO-DS. I currently use the Waves de-esser but I don't know how good it is, I guess it's good enough at least for the amount of work I put it up against. :)

Bottom line is: I hate expensive plugins! :lol:
...especially today when a good amount of solutions can be covered with much less money but with same audio quality results.

3ee wrote:^ FF might release a MB compressor next.. if you think about it, PRO-DS can be a multiband (one band bust still) at a click or a button. So, if they had released the PRO-MB first, the PRO-DS would have been barely interesting I guess, since you can de-ess with MB compressors.

Bottom line is: I hate expensive plugins! :lol:
...especially today when a good amount of solutions can be covered with much less money but with same audio quality results.
Hey thanks for writing all that out 3ee.

I am looking for multiband compression for mastering -- not de-essing (although De-Essing is possible on Pro-C as well with their Expert mode, very nice!). This is so I can compress each band differently to reduce the pumping! (I'm really looking for a nice visual multiband).

I understand they are expensive (as I mentioned at the end of the video); I decided, if I'm going to purchase some plugins, I want them to work flawlessly, plus they look great.

A lot of plugins are buggy within FL Studio, and FabFilter works great for a third party plugin.

Also to mention, the customer support from FabFilter is superb.

-- I found a bug on Pro-DS within FL Studio. I emailed them, after about 1-2 emails back and forth of troubleshooting, they sent me a new version of Pro-DS with the bug fixed! -- That is awesome customer support.

An extra bonus for FabFilter on that one ;)

Thanks again for sharing those plugins 3ee, I appreciate that
Beatmaking Courses:

Beatstruggles wrote:I am looking for multiband compression for mastering
The FF duo have said that multi-band compression is something they are definitely considering doing ... lot's of requests from their user community. I suspect it's not a matter of if but rather a matter of when.

Beatstruggles wrote:Hey thanks for writing all that out 3ee.

I am looking for multiband compression for mastering
Hey, no problem! :)

MB-comp for mastering?
Try Ozone5, very nice MB compressor module that can work in M/S also..

fabfilter plugins are great tools when mixing and mastering
Simple to use and with great sonic results
I like their tutorials on youtube
thumbs up for fabfilter

cheers

milosh_ wrote:fabfilter plugins are great tools when mixing and mastering
Simple to use and with great sonic results
I like their tutorials on youtube
thumbs up for fabfilter

cheers
I agree :)

Have to say, all the FF plugins are fantastic. But their de-esser is the best I've used by far. The limiter is excellent too!

I like the pricing discounts as well, if you already own some of their plugins. :)

Return to “Effects”