Neveranding Story - a symphonic score

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Beyond horizon there is a distant sea with a lonely ship on it's way to thousand adventures.

This song will paint you a picture of this distant ship and place. Enjoy.

Composed using Cubase 7, Spitfire Albions 1-3, Soundiron Requiem Light and Emberton Shire Whistle and a cubic metre of coffee.

Oh and do not stop when it gets quiet for a second closer to the end.

Direct links:

http://soundcloud.com/pekkakuronen/neve ... ory-2013-1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpfKhU3NLfg

Embedded (forum software embeds this stuff automatically?)

http://soundcloud.com/pekkakuronen/neve ... ory-2013-1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpfKhU3NLfg

Cheers,
Pekka

The links we're not working, now corrected.

To be honest, the theme melody gets on my nerves at the beginning already after a few bars, so when it comes around a second time it's a torture... but I only have crap speakers (too lazy to switch on the big ones), so I don't know if you really mixed the Whistle so aggressively sounding, or if it's only just distorted by the speakers.

EDIT: just to clarify - I do like the melody itself. Fits the flute and the rest of the arrangement!

Just a hint: to avoid that listeners get bored from the same melodic sound over and over again, maybe let some other instruments steal, borrow or support the Whistle's melody at times.

I like how you use the Shire Whistle though, bought it myself and am absolutely in love with what it can do.

I noticed that you let certain instruments stop while others played on, just before everything changes back into the theme melody. Quite a dramatic feeling, and makes the next part even more epic. Very nice!

All the Albions and Requiem... boy, you must have some serious cash. Or, well, probably not anymore. ^^
But I guess (pardon the pun) it pays out. Because the strings and winds sound really beautiful. Just the loooooong high notes sound a little synth-ish and organ-ish.

Anyway, that is one decent piece of scoring!
Got you +1 followers on SoundCloud. ;)
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

chokehold wrote:To be honest, the theme melody gets on my nerves at the beginning already after a few bars, so when it comes around a second time it's a torture... but I only have crap speakers (too lazy to switch on the big ones), so I don't know if you really mixed the Whistle so aggressively sounding, or if it's only just distorted by the speakers.

EDIT: just to clarify - I do like the melody itself. Fits the flute and the rest of the arrangement!

Just a hint: to avoid that listeners get bored from the same melodic sound over and over again, maybe let some other instruments steal, borrow or support the Whistle's melody at times.

I like how you use the Shire Whistle though, bought it myself and am absolutely in love with what it can do.

I noticed that you let certain instruments stop while others played on, just before everything changes back into the theme melody. Quite a dramatic feeling, and makes the next part even more epic. Very nice!

All the Albions and Requiem... boy, you must have some serious cash. Or, well, probably not anymore. ^^
But I guess (pardon the pun) it pays out. Because the strings and winds sound really beautiful. Just the loooooong high notes sound a little synth-ish and organ-ish.

Anyway, that is one decent piece of scoring!
Got you +1 followers on SoundCloud. ;)
Thanks a lot! The whistle could be a bit more quiet. At some point one just gets deaf when listening same piece hundreds of times.. this kinda thing would be nice to do in teams so that someone with fresh ears could continue where other leaves off.

My VISA balance: -1700€ :D

pkuronen wrote:At some point one just gets deaf when listening same piece hundreds of times..
Yup. Same here. After a certain amount of time spent on creating a track, I literally have to force myself to not listen to it for some days or even weeks. Only after that have I got the necessary distance to not instantly "like" everything I hear, but discover a world of possible optimizations instead.
pkuronen wrote:My VISA balance: -1700€ :D
Ouch. ^^
Now all you need to make the collection complete is Sonokinetic Tutti/Vivace/Da Capo, the Cine series from CineSamples, some 8dio, some East West... :lol:
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

chokehold wrote:
pkuronen wrote:At some point one just gets deaf when listening same piece hundreds of times..
Yup. Same here. After a certain amount of time spent on creating a track, I literally have to force myself to not listen to it for some days or even weeks. Only after that have I got the necessary distance to not instantly "like" everything I hear, but discover a world of possible optimizations instead.
I think 1 month will clear ears well but how can leave a project for 1 month? I cannot :)
chokehold wrote:
pkuronen wrote:My VISA balance: -1700€ :D
Ouch. ^^
Now all you need to make the collection complete is Sonokinetic Tutti/Vivace/Da Capo, the Cine series from CineSamples, some 8dio, some East West... :lol:
Do u have any idea what would be a good library for fast strings? Staccato etc. Albions are not the best ones for fast runs.

Return to “Music Cafe”