(the plug-in formerly known as) Epoch, i am so excited i can barely wait

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

good bye numerology.. bet you the dev of that now regrets dropping his au hosting plans.

This is going to be exactly what i have wanted in logic for like.. EVER!

Very excited

Mr Loomer, one thing.. PLEASE let the au host vst instruments..

**PLEASE**

and JUST as importantly, please allow the use of FXB loading!

This would give you something unique that no one else has ever done on mac.

Kore was close to being awesome, but was then discontinued, and the complaint you would read everywhere is that the hosted vst's couldn't load third party fxb banks.

You are doing this from the ground up and have a chance to do it *right*.
Please say you read this and the answer is YES

:hyper:

:grin:

How can I say no to so much enthusiasm!? :P
PLEASE let the au host vst instruments
Already does. It's actually my preferred way of using the Audio Unit version, if only because it's a little easier to control which plug-ins Epoch scans by using custom VST folders.
please allow the use of FXB loading
It's on the roadmap, and trivial in terms of the amount of code and time it would take. But on saying that, it's not done yet, so I can't guarantee it'll make the first beta. If not, it'll definitely get some attention during the first round of plug-in host improvements.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Yes this sounds really great
A software cirklon , a windows numerology
sound like it could be amazing cant wait! :shock:

colin@loomer wrote:How can I say no to so much enthusiasm!? :P
Already does. It's actually my preferred way of using the Audio Unit version, if only because it's a little easier to control which plug-ins Epoch scans by using custom VST folders.
It's on the roadmap, and trivial in terms of the amount of code and time it would take. But on saying that, it's not done yet, so I can't guarantee it'll make the first beta. If not, it'll definitely get some attention during the first round of plug-in host improvements.
Roadmap is good enough.

CAn the AU host AU's too? Just curious. It would be great to have the option.

If this can plug vst midi FX between stuff it will solve logic' lack of this in one swoop!

Cheers!

ps i would love to be on the beta team if possible, no reciprocation required at all, simply because i have such passion for such a product (like i did with ddmf metaplugin but he could never get it stable on mac) that i would LOVE to do my part to help it be as STABLE as possible with bug reports.

Anyway think about it, i am a decent tester.

Very close to pulling the trigger on Sequent as well. It's so "clean" for an FSU MultiFX to look at and i thought it didn't have that many options, the start up interface deceived me, but it is SO deep when i used the demo and absolutely mental (in an amazing way !)

-Theo

Can the AU host AU's too?
Yes, absolutely! Hosting plug-ins is generally 'the preferred way' when using Epoch in Logic. The alternative, routing MIDI via IAC, just doesn't keep time accurately enough for what I imagine are most people's tolerances.
i would love to be on the beta team if possible
Noted! The first closed round of beta will be with my usual troupe of test ninjas, but I will definitely keep you in mind for second round testing. There will be an open beta at some point, too.

(And thanks for the kind words about Sequent too; much appreciated!)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

The one thing that is very important and what will be tricky is stability hosting multiple plugins from different vendors, that's where i come in handy cause i own so many plugins (embarrassing in some way but true)

Second round would be fine.. trust me, i 'm good. Not one other beta tester picked up the bugs in the ERS stuff for example, and i found 4 major bugs and finally it looks like they will be fixed this week after many months (no one else had reported them so at first i wasn't taken that seriously)

:)

colin@loomer wrote:How can I say no to so much enthusiasm!? :P
FXB..Hmmm, FLStudio, all ready has great internal handling of FXB/FXP. But I believe, Loomer's preset system is perfect as is, especially, in stand alone mode. From what I've read, Cuebase is not great about FXB/FXP handling. But the more options the better for preset handling. But not being a coder, I guess that should be left to the code master mind Ninjas :D

That's great, but some hosts (logic, pt) don't allow FXB at all and have tons of banks in that format, that i could finally use again by using the rlated vsti instrument in Epoch.

This thing is gonna be so revolutionary. I can't wait to see it! :love:
Let the Loomer revolution begin. :band:
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Loomer Revolver
:D

Loomer Exploade :band:
"It dreamed itself along"

A windows numerology? ah can't wait to see it
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

still no official new name?

I've narrowed it down to a short-list of potentials. I'll pick a victor shortly.

colin@loomer wrote:I've narrowed it down to a short-list of potentials
aah, potentials - it's Loomer Coulomb then :)

Return to “Loomer”