Elektron Analog Four

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rob_lee wrote:
vurt wrote:i love my minitaur going through the bugcrusher :love:
I was gonna ask Vurt...i fancy a little fx unit to feed mine through as well :-)

Rob
depends what youre looking to do, would you prefer a multifx or one trick pony style, do you care if its digital or analogue? is budget an issue?

vurt wrote:
rob_lee wrote:
vurt wrote:i love my minitaur going through the bugcrusher :love:
I was gonna ask Vurt...i fancy a little fx unit to feed mine through as well :-)

Rob
depends what youre looking to do, would you prefer a multifx or one trick pony style, do you care if its digital or analogue? is budget an issue?
MultiFX would be nice mate.. can't get the damn vst editor to install here see other post.. i'm on windows 7 x64 i wonder if dragging the dll file into my vst folder will work :-)

Rob

korg kaoss pads are a good place to start, see if you can try one out.
not sure about the mini ones, never tried them.
but if you see how that goes on demo :)
cant help with the vst editor im afraid, i havent downloaded it yet. like the thought of just tweaking with no safety net for now :hihi:

vurt wrote:korg kaoss pads are a good place to start, see if you can try one out.
not sure about the mini ones, never tried them.
but if you see how that goes on demo :)
cant help with the vst editor im afraid, i havent downloaded it yet. like the thought of just tweaking with no safety net for now :hihi:
Yeah i was looking at one of these the other day here:

http://www.dv247.com/keyboards-and-midi ... er--104791

I seen a few guys on YouTube feeding it to the Machine Drum/Monomachine and more. Seem pretty popular will take a closer look and maybe try one out.

Rob

I have my Kaoss pad and a other stereo FX (eventide pitch factor, TC Fireworx, Lexicon MX400) hooked up to my patch bay for easy patching with drum machines. I also use my Evolver as a signal processor. I've heard a lot of good things about the OTO Biscuit.

TC Fireworx and the Lexicon MX stuff is dirt cheap these days. Less than £300 for the Fireworx on Ebay now! :o

tehlord wrote:TC Fireworx and the Lexicon MX stuff is dirt cheap these days. Less than £300 for the Fireworx on Ebay now! :o
Cheers Geoff and Justin

PS

The vst editor won't work FFS :-( The guys at Moog are on the ball with support questions though, maybe an error on my system.. had some nice sounds going but i can't save just yet.. sounds tops though :-)

Rob

Might be an obvious one, but have you right clicked on the .exe and tried running as administrator?

tehlord wrote:Might be an obvious one, but have you right clicked on the .exe and tried running as administrator?
Tried all that mate.. extract to desktop/run as admin/pasted the folder to vst plugins the lot.. now i'm thinking maybe it's a 32bit editor cause it ain't showing in the update plugins within Cubase 7.
Will wait for their reply mate.

Rob

justin3am wrote:I've heard a lot of good things about the OTO Biscuit.
Yup don't overlook the Biscuit if you like a down and dirty sound Rob. It's multi fx, but all 8 bit so lofi all the way. Analogue filter, step filter, delay, wave shaper, sample rate reduction, bit crushing, pitch shift, envelope follower, chorus... hell, it's also a simple synth. I put my MD thru it, fab on beats. Check it:

http://www.otomachines.com/biscuit.html

I also regularly send the MD thru a Sherman Filterbank... another great match imo.

http://www.sherman.be/
Image Image

polyslax wrote:
justin3am wrote:I've heard a lot of good things about the OTO Biscuit.
Yup don't overlook the Biscuit if you like a down and dirty sound Rob. It's multi fx, but all 8 bit so lofi all the way. Analogue filter, step filter, delay, wave shaper, sample rate reduction, bit crushing, pitch shift, envelope follower, chorus... hell, it's also a simple synth. I put my MD thru it, fab on beats. Check it:

http://www.otomachines.com/biscuit.html

I also regularly send the MD thru a Sherman Filterbank... another great match imo.

http://www.sherman.be/
Thanks for that mate :-)

Really having problems here with the Motu Ultralite MK3 though :-(

1. Set up all audio outs and midi in/out/thru's
2. Using Ultra Nova as master kb just for now (no space in here)
3. No sound coming from the Motu if i'm playing the Ultra Nova
4. Plug headphones in to the Slim Phatty/Minitaur or the Nova produces sound right away when playing keys?

I'm stuck lol it's probably something so simple.. the front panel of the Motu is a pain who thought of that layout (knobs are fiddly)

Can't get no audio in either Cubase 7 or Studio One x64 (only audio i can hear from the Motu is if i play YouTube vids or Mp3.. got me stumped this one.
Also no dice with the Minitaur editor (runtime error)

Any ideas?

Rob

It's a sign. God is telling you to get a Saffire Pro 40.

Uncle E wrote:It's a sign. God is telling you to get a Saffire Pro 40.
So far i'm NOT pleased with this interface Eric.. i'll give it a few more hours then dump it on Ebay and grab something else ;-)

Rob

That's a bummer. I remember when I first got my 828mk3, I had a similar experience. I don't remember what I did to fix the problem... I think the main outs didn't have anything routed to them by default or something. Anyway, sorry to hear you aren't happy with the Ultralite. Hope you find something that does suit your needs.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”