What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Critical Mass (ElectroProg - Seismic Despair)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

seismic1
KVRAF

6546 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:56 pm

mrblitz wrote:cool! lots of driving imagery conjured up here.

yet another piece from you which is quite intriguing, harmonically.

it's kind of like 'knight rider' but to the umpteenth power.

Thanks for the listen and comments, mrblitz. Glad you liked it :)

Rack up another driving reference or two. Actually, I wonder if there is anything in that. I quite enjoy driving, apart from those pesky rush-hour traffic jams.

Knight Rider - wow :!: That's over 30 years ago. Hard to believe.
mrblitz
KVRAF

2592 posts since 21 Jul, 2009

Postby mrblitz; Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:35 pm

lol... yeah, i'm not sure it's really like 'knight rider' but covered that with 'to the umpteenth power'.

this is actually quite a bit more interesting than what i remember of knight rider.

i haven't driven a lot lately, but it sure is fun to daydream about; and this type of thing helps with that.
tehlord
KVRAF

6604 posts since 22 Sep, 2008, from Windsor. UK

Postby tehlord; Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:08 am

I really like this a lot Tim. I managed to find a few minutes to sit down and give the cafe some love, and I had this playing on my headphones as I looked at another couple of pages on the net. All of a sudden I had images of Vin Diesel in some kind of action film, as that's what I see this track as!

The choir part in the middle is inspired. Truly atmospheric.

Nice buddy :)
seismic1
KVRAF

Postby seismic1; Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:45 pm

bluedad wrote:I really enjoyed this, particularly the slow middle; the mix/production sounds great.

Thanks very much for checking this out and commenting, Gary. I'm very glad that you enjoyed it :)
runagate
KVRAF

10211 posts since 17 Sep, 2004, from Austin, TX

Postby runagate; Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:48 pm

That's some nicely-mixed music - I suppose it would be after 33 hours! I remember those days when I had no idea wtf I was doing - strangely, now that I do, I can't be arsed to spend that long. Paradoxical, I know.

Everything sounds great; my only gripe is I'd want a bit more variance in the melodic and rhythmic department, but I'd say that about damned near anything. Well done, I enjoyed this.
seismic1
KVRAF

Postby seismic1; Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:51 pm

FrantzM wrote:
seismic1 wrote:I don't set deadlines for myself. I have enough of those at work :)

Smart. I only mentioned it because you know the exact hours which indicates that you are timing yourself.

seismic1 wrote:That 33 hours breaks down into 19 hours of structural and compositional work and 14 hours on the sonics. I don't know how this compares to other people.

I am sure there is extremely wide variation. In 33 hours, Remmie (Emerald Tablet) could write a triple album and complete a world tour :D. Whereas I could easily spend 33 hours fiddling with the sound design for one track.

I find it useful to have this info available later. I might be able to learn something from it. Yesterday I managed to make a basic ambient track in less than 1 hour. It seems to vary from track to track.
D.H. Miltz
D.H. MOD

8176 posts since 20 Jun, 2008

Postby D.H. Miltz; Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:50 pm

The lead that FrantzM mentions hits some sore spot in my ear, so I'm not fond of that sound. The rest of it I enjoyed, the slow section especially. Thanks, seismic1.
seismic1
KVRAF

Postby seismic1; Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:40 pm

tehlord wrote:I really like this a lot Tim. I managed to find a few minutes to sit down and give the cafe some love, and I had this playing on my headphones as I looked at another couple of pages on the net. All of a sudden I had images of Vin Diesel in some kind of action film, as that's what I see this track as!

The choir part in the middle is inspired. Truly atmospheric.

Nice buddy :)

Thanks for listening and for the great comments, Geoff. Glad you liked it :D

I have another piece with those vox coming in about 5 months (at this rate, anyway) :)
Jesse Gorter
KVRist

440 posts since 30 Nov, 2004

Postby Jesse Gorter; Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:33 am

Cool soundscape. Could be in a movie maybe?
seismic1
KVRAF

Postby seismic1; Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:00 pm

runagate wrote:That's some nicely-mixed music - I suppose it would be after 33 hours! I remember those days when I had no idea wtf I was doing - strangely, now that I do, I can't be arsed to spend that long. Paradoxical, I know.

Everything sounds great; my only gripe is I'd want a bit more variance in the melodic and rhythmic department, but I'd say that about damned near anything. Well done, I enjoyed this.

Thanks for the listen and comments, runagate. Glad you enjoyed this and happy that you liked the mix :)

I think about 14 hours was actually spent on the sonic aspects of the mix (including 3 hours lost when eXT crashed and I hadn't saved) :dog: I always tell myself that it won't happen again, and then I get lazy, or maybe I just enjoy playing chicken with the save button. :nutter:
seismic1
KVRAF

Postby seismic1; Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:43 pm

D.H. Miltz wrote:The lead that FrantzM mentions hits some sore spot in my ear, so I'm not fond of that sound. The rest of it I enjoyed, the slow section especially. Thanks, seismic1.

Thanks very much for listening and commenting, DHM. Glad you liked most of it :)

No screaming syncs on the next one, but maybe a few harmonics.
seismic1
KVRAF

Postby seismic1; Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:56 pm

Jesse Gorter wrote:Cool soundscape. Could be in a movie maybe?

Thanks Jesse, Glad you liked it. Thanks for listening and commenting :)
Previous

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe