February Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ouch. Those reds. Can be hurtful to a head as well as a reputation. Nothing says you may not take a second try at it. Just check with Mr Moderator, but as your song was never really up, it does not qualify as a resubmision under the resubmision rule.

Second try for the same piece I'd have to say no to.

But I'd be inclined to say okay to submitting something else under these circumstances. Before any final decision, though, I'm open to opinions either way.
No longer a moderator.

Mr Natural should certainly be able to submit whatever he wants this month or nothing if that is how he feels like. However according to the rules he should have drunk two bottles of wine for this month submission (actually one red & one white) not just one & a half.

^ LOL

I'll prolly continue to work on the reggae piece I submitted drunkly & foolishly - post it on Music Cafe when it's really finished this time

just wouldn't feel good about re-submitting it in the contest

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Hello,

Used to enter the competition years ago. Still listen in most months, though rarely comment.

Thinking of entering again this month. (Music is 95% written, need lyrics).

Noticed lots of people are using Soundcloud, just seen a post on hyperbot, about using Dropify to extend the download limit to over 100.

http://tinyurl.com/aps2cgu

In two minds with this personally, like that over 100 can download, but since this is a competition, don't like the idea of having people like my facebook to get it. (though this is useful for non competition tunage).

hyperbot wrote:4. By activating Forced Like Gating (Optional vs. Forced Like Gating), people are required to Like the artist's Facebook Page in order to download the Drop.
I've never used Dropify, but it seems that by leaving it on Optional you won't be forcing anyone to 'like' you. :)

Seems the only issue is that you can only download the Dropify file from the soundcloud widget (?), and I think it's encouraged to provide a direct download link for this contest.

evo2slo wrote:I think it's encouraged to provide a direct download link for this contest.
Not just encouraged, mandatory.
No longer a moderator.

Wahoo, forgot all about this months comp (memory worse than a glodfish!) I will get cracking.

Submissions thread is locked, voting thread is up.

Next month:
This month you are asked to submit an entry in the genre of funk (as you understand it).

This Wikipedia article might be helpful, but it is not an official definition. I'll leave defining funk up to you and the voters.
No longer a moderator.

Thank you for the great review Markheath :)
Professional Audio Architecture

markheath wrote: #5 VicDiesel (Never the twain) Loved the haunting ethnic flute part - you play that thing beautifully. Second half is cool as well, and manages to feel like it still belongs with the preceding part. It's a nice touch bringing the flute back in at the end. Favourite half - first
Thanks for the review and vote. Y'know, the first half actually started as an improv over the second half, but I couldn't get it to sound convincing, so I pulled them apart....

Victor.

markheath wrote: Sleek (Ghosts) Couldn't quite pick out the lyrics in this one. Like the way the guitar solo comes in and then wrong-foots you by being in an unexpected scale. Favourite half - second
Lyrics?

Those are those things people filth up music with to keep idiots entertained, aren't they?

This ain't rap.

Nobody ever asks an oboist what the lyrics are. :D

Just look at it as a synth...one oscillator with some formant generation. :hihi:

Thanks Mark for the review (and points!)
Your comment on the piano patch is very true, just when I thought I had my GAS under control I now need to go and find a decent piano VST :D
Jon

Thank you for the review(s), Mark Heath.
No longer a moderator.

Had a push on Saturday to finish the track in time for the deadline, but failed miserably. Probably 9/10ths finished.

Not happy with myself!

Will try harder next month!

Return to “Music Cafe”