Studio Devil Virtual Tube Preamp

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dusted william wrote:
ariston wrote:I am still on the fence for a bit, although I'm quite impressed with this plugin. It has to be the best software preamp I've heard, the colouration is lively and extremely pleasant to listen to. I can definitely see myself using this all over the place...

but it's the season... for 79$, I'd have gotten it already. Not that it isn't worth 99 or 129, but... you know.

Great work, though! :tu:
I totally agree. for $79.00 I'd have bought a license a couple of days ago :)

It's hard to buy with all these deals popping up all over the place.

dw
+100

What is studio devil's resale policy?

hibidy wrote:What is studio devil's resale policy?
Maybe they don't enable license transfer because I never saw it on the marketplace, or maybe it's just too good to be sold... :)

bmanic wrote:
StudioDevil wrote: yes? no?
what's your vote?
conservative single stage, no eq
OR
agressive dual stage with Eq option?
OR
both?

Marc
Both of course! The more "tone" and options in this little box, the better! :D

Just purchased this. It's unfriggin-believably-good! Liking it a lot!

Might have found a tiny bug: The phase invert switch is actually inverted, that is, in the default VTP state the phase is reversed. Flicking the switch up corrects this phase reversal.

Cheers!
bManic
I was about to start a topic on this plug in I discovered by chance the other day and demoed it and glad i found this topic.

This is absolutely almost essential to own, it's one of the very best saturation type plugins i've had the pleasure of demoing.

I have been thinking, if i buy something else, it becomes $79 so i might get a better overall deal to get two products (Still more of an outlay, but better value overall)

what else would you recommend of studio devil? cause as once again we agree, like we always do, so tell me:
any experience with the bass or guitar amps?

cheers!

Their amps are good, but I heard that they are coming with a new guitar amp based on their "next-gen modeling".

With better tube distortion and the likes, so I'll wait if I were you and you have already good alternatives.

I really have to reiterate: you lost me at hello, Studio Devil. Having to register for an account in order to demo a product is rare, and it's highly annoying.

I'll do it for Waves, but I'm hard pressed to do it for you.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

A.M. Gold wrote:I really have to reiterate: you lost me at hello, Studio Devil. Having to register for an account in order to demo a product is rare, and it's highly annoying.

I'll do it for Waves, but I'm hard pressed to do it for you.
You'll do it for a conglomerate who have been recycling tech and disrespecting the userbase for nigh on 10 years, but you wont do it for an indie dev with a legitimately decent product?

:shock:

Conglomerate? Yea, like Waves is equivalent to British Petroleum or something?

Waves has changed a lot, and no, in the past I wasn't interested in their products, but they act like a different company now. What's more, I KNOW they have dozens of well respected, industry standard products, simply by reputation. I KNOW it's worth my time, as well as my email address, to be registered with their company. I also KNOW they are coming out with a fairly steady stream of professional, and often innovative products.

I know NONE of those things about Studio Devil. I have their free amp plug-in from years and years ago and to be brutally honest, it's old and it never was that great.

Have they made a lot of progress between now and then? Possibly, but I have no way of knowing that. It would be based entirely on a guess. People rave about new plug-ins all the time on KVR so the positive response here doesn't mean that much to me (except in bmanic's case, which is about the only reason I'm interested at all in this).
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

Only the email address and password fields are required, which is one more field (two once you add the password confirmation) than any company that asks for an email to send out a link. Oh yeah, there's a CAPTCHA as well. Is that really so hard to deal with that it has to become a long-running thread saga?

what? Studio Devil is about to come up with new guitar amp? count me in!
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Is this 64 bit?
Finally!

cyphersuit wrote:Is this 64 bit?
Yes, VTP is x64.

K-Slash wrote:
cyphersuit wrote:Is this 64 bit?
Yes, VTP is x64.
ok thx, but i have seen that it's usd 129. that's a bit too much for me.
Finally!

have these guys ever done a sale in the past? it might mean they would consider another

TheoM wrote:have these guys ever done a sale in the past? it might mean they would consider another
It's currently on sale Theo. :)
esoundz name: Helio

Return to “Effects”