Time Compression Algorhythm capable of +30 bpm with minimal artifacts, SUGGESTIONS??

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As the title says really, Im looking for a time stretching/compression algorhythm capable of increasing a track from 109bpm to 139bpm and further preferrably. Im currently doing a progressive remix of Queen Flash but any attempt to manipulate the tempo within logic using both the flex time features and the time and pitch machine has created lax lustre results at best. I have also attempted to use Melodyne which yielded better results but theres still certainly room for improvement. If any one knows of a better technique without bringing those terrible glitching artifacts that come from removing samples it would be much appreciated. Im sure I could go granular within Alchemy for an interesting sound but Im not sure to go about this of the top of my head. Im open to suggestions people.
Last edited by Ascendant on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I found the one in Reaper to be pretty good... it's a quick download and install, then just drag the wav file onto Reaper and (I think) alt-drag the right end to stretch/squeeze the file to the desired length.

Maybe the resynthesis engine in Harmor can do this?

im guessing if hes using logic hes on mac ;)

vurt wrote:im guessing if hes using logic hes on mac ;)
your'e right :dog:

but but but...maybe he also got a PC :D

Maybe I should reiterate my original question. Im looking for something capable of good time compression rather than time stretching. I have downloaded paulsstretch AU in any case (from what I read it was all about time stretching rather than the former). I could give reaper a go I suppose but I can't see it being that effective, saying that though I have no prior experience using the software so it may well be alot more capable than Im giving it credit for. More suggestions certainly welcome though.

paul stretch can do both, theres a little arrow to choose near the top left
at least the pc version does...?

try Audiofile Engineering Sample Manager or Triumph.

http://www.audiofile-engineering.com/samplemanager/

vurt wrote:paul stretch can do both, theres a little arrow to choose near the top left
at least the pc version does...?
Ive done a little more reading and right you are, I can't see this not working from the results ive heard and everyones response, looks incredible. Tahnk you very much mate. Case pretty much closed.

docdued wrote:I found the one in Reaper to be pretty good... it's a quick download and install, then just drag the wav file onto Reaper and (I think) alt-drag the right end to stretch/squeeze the file to the desired length.
Reaper comes with several algorithms for stretching/contracting. Depending on the material, I've found different ones work better.

That is the one I use. Though I use several DAWs (bad habits die hard) those are the best I've found.

Granted, it is not an effect I use very often...and have not looked hard, but it is probably worth the demo download to see.

Radius.
You are currently reading my signature.

can't be done without sounding like crap.
Are you using an acapella or the song?
you may have to adjust your target BPM down.
For vocals, take half the bpm of the original. Stretch it in a new track to half the bpm you want, then bounce that to a new track.
You can't be progressive at 128?
My secret list says the bpm is 107.83, so 108.
Chop it to phrases and try it that way..

And a lot of people are hot for Melodyne....

osiris wrote:can't be done without sounding like crap.
Are you using an acapella or the song?
you may have to adjust your target BPM down.
For vocals, take half the bpm of the original. Stretch it in a new track to half the bpm you want, then bounce that to a new track.
You can't be progressive at 128?
My secret list says the bpm is 107.83, so 108.
Chop it to phrases and try it that way..
I should have said Progressive Psy Trance, 128 most definitely wont do. Also there is a Tomcraft remix that came out the same time as the Vanguard remix which is 139 and that sounds pretty decent in terms of the time compression on the original. From playing around for ages within logic it definitely isn't 107/8, saying that its variably obviously as it accoustic but it certainly fits in segments at 109bpm best. Ive already tried Melodyne as stated as well and that was better than logic but certainly not fantastic. Paulstretch seems the way forward from the look of things.

Return to “Production Techniques”