What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Saving and using FXP/FXB patches

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

synaesthesia
KVRAF

1786 posts since 24 May, 2008, from London, UK

Postby synaesthesia; Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:12 pm Saving and using FXP/FXB patches

This is probably gonna be a dumb question with an obvious answer for some of you, but I'm really more used to using synths with a proprietary preset system.

So... I've been playing with some free synths and making some presets, saving them out as FXP patches. Thought it might be fun to release some packs of the sounds I'm making.

However, I can't find any useful way of seeing the presets I'm making in an easy way on the GUIs of these synths - y'know, saving them where the bundled presets are. For example, I've been having fun with TAL Elek7ro and Ummet Ozcan's Genesis, but I'd rather put some sounds out there in a way that's easy for other people to use.

Am I making any sense? Who knows?!

If anyone can help, there's potentially some free soundset releases in it for everyone! Haha.

Matt
synaesthesia
KVRAF

Postby synaesthesia; Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:29 am

Nobody knows how to do this? Bump-oh!
V'ger
KVRAF

3921 posts since 15 Dec, 2009

Postby V'ger; Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:00 am

The p in fxp is for patch, the b in fxb for banks.

If the plugin doesn't have a way of showing the patches in loaded banks (neither Elek7o or Genesis can do this unfortunately), you must use a DAW or host that lets you see the content of loaded FXB banks.

Cantabile lite and Minihost both do and also include a program/preset organizer/manager which might be useful for you.
synaesthesia
KVRAF

Postby synaesthesia; Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:31 am

Ah, thanks for that.

So if I do a few free banks for free synths, then I should let the end user get on with it?! Haha. At least Genesis displays the name of the patches. Jut find the whole 'import fxp' element a bit tedious and unintuitive.
V'ger
KVRAF

3921 posts since 15 Dec, 2009

Postby V'ger; Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:36 am

Yes, loading individual patches (fxp) is tiring, and so is fxb a bit but is the only format for those 2 synths so no way around it.
synaesthesia
KVRAF

Postby synaesthesia; Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:57 am

Fair enough. Well, hopefully people will enjoy the new sounds anyway. :)
glokraw
KVRAF

5122 posts since 6 Oct, 2004

Postby glokraw; Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:23 pm

synaesthesia wrote:Ah, thanks for that.

So if I do a few free banks for free synths, then I should let the end user get on with it?! Haha. At least Genesis displays the name of the patches. Jut find the whole 'import fxp' element a bit tedious and unintuitive.

Minihost has the option to turn collections of .fxp files,
into a .fxb.

Some synths have their .fxb files hard-coded,
new .fxb might not work in every case,
but should be easy enough to attempt.

http://www.tobybear.de/p_minihost.html

And thanks for wanting to share some sounds!
Cheers

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments