Blue Cat Dynamics -- Feature Request

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm loving the "upward compression" settings in Blue Cat's Dynamics. However, to be truly useful, it would be great if it had a "depth" setting so you could limit the range of upward compression.

For instance, if I'm boosting low level dialog under a threshold of say, -25dB, I might only want to boost signal down to about -36dB, knowing anything under that will likely be noise. So a "depth" setting of 11dB would allow for the range -36dB to -25dB to be boosted, while not boosting the noise floor. You could use the same knee setting to keep things simpler.

Flux has something similar in their Solera II offering, but at 3 times the price.

Anybody else?

Chris

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply (we have been a bit busy with the release of Blue Cat's DP Meter Pro 4).

We indeed plan to add a "range" parameter that limits the maximum gain reduction or gain increase. It's not exactly what you describe, but it should be almost equivalent in the end.

Also, even if it is a bit cumbersome, today you can add an instance of the plug-in before, setup as a gate, in order to reduce the noise floor.

What do you think?

Good to hear you plan on a "depth" or "range" option for the Dynamics plugin. Once implemented, that would be a perfect solution for me. While testing, I did in fact place a Digidesign soft gate ahead of your plugin to lower the noise floor and it does sort of work, but as you say, it's "cumbersome."

Chris Conlee

Indeed :-).

Are you able to offer any timeline on when this functionality might be implemented? I'm very interested in your plugin for its upward compression capability, but I need to be able to attenuate the noise floor.

Chris

Thank you for your interest in our plug-in! nfortunateky, we cannot communicate on future plans, as it will depend on the exact features list for this new version, and it is not finalized yet today. We'll keep you posted as soon as we have more details.

BTW, would you be interested in beta testing the new version when we have something ready?

Blue Cat Audio wrote:

BTW, would you be interested in beta testing the new version when we have something ready?
Absolutely, you can contact me at conleec (at) yahoo (dot) com

Thanks a million.

Chris Conlee
Editor
http://www.ChrisConlee.com

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”