Two ambient tunes, "nebari farscape" and "farscape prayer"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nebari Farscape by fate atc, on Flickr

Done performance style on 3 controllers/keyboards, main patch is Diva, one of Leftrum's, with Ace bass and Zebra treble lead sounds, plus assorted hardware.

"nebari farscape" 11.86 MB 6 min 28 sec at 256 kbps

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9504745/nebari%20farscape.mp3

or over at http://www.reverbnation.com/fateatc/songs

Farscape Prayer by fate atc, on Flickr

Again, done in real time recording audio, 10 instances of ZebraHZ.

"farscape prayer" 9.89 MB 5 min 23 sec at 256 kbps

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9504745/farscape%20prayer.mp3

or 2nd one down at http://www.reverbnation.com/fateatc/songs

any comments or feedback appreciated.

You're back! The production and mix is excellent on these. Flawless.

"Nebari Farscape" is sliding into new age territory. It could be very commercial if you added some Enya-like vocalese to it. It really is very good. Just not my kind of thing. Too lush and pleasant for my weird tastes.

"Farscape Prayer" sounds more mysterious and interesting. Closer to some of your other tracks. I definitely like it but need to listen to this one again when I'm in the right mood.

The photography is excellent as always.

FYI, Klaus Schulze and Lisa Gerrard have an ambient album called "Farscape" so you may want to stay away from that as an album title.

Really, really beautiful - both of them. I think I'll just listen again if you don't mind :)
Like the images too :tu:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Nice job on both of these, fatc. I really love the Zebra lead on the first piece, and the reverb on the Diva pad patch seems to suit the image in the photograph. Expansive and mellow.

The second track seemed to have a more "intimate" sound. More reflective and restrained, but again, it suited your choice of imagery.

I enjoyed both of them. Good to see you around these parts again.

Good work :)

glad to see you're still around, FateATC :D

Both of these new ones of yours are gorgeous and spacy, and the clarity is rather amazing.

thank you all...had hoped to get round and about here, but I'm away from home, with dodgey internet.

thanks FrantzM, yes farscape is not very original, think there might be an aussi scr fi programme of the same name.

thanks folderol, glad you lie them.

and seismic, yes, I love that particular Zebra lead patch...play it on the korg baby ms20 controller, with the korg midi driver default, is very responsive, great velocity sensitivity.

hey, and great to see you here again runagate...hope Austin is being good to you [my wife is from Liberty Hill].

Is summer here, so not round so much. I'll be back home in a week or so, and get back more involved.

thanks again

two lovely chilled tunes fatc. i found the first was like the journey and the second was the arrival....where, i don't know, but i like it.

neil.

fatc, very inviting pieces.
I too favor the second - a nice sense of tension underneath to it, expression.
Congrats :)
..what goes around comes around..

silky smooth. floated weightlessly listening to them.
fantastic ambience on my portapro's :phones:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

thanks very much guys.

I made a change to my setup, used reainsert to measure the time out and back in through outboard effects hardware, and put jsdelays on the relevant channels...makes things a bit clearer I think.

thanks again and sorry I can't get back to anyone at the moment.....

I'm in a mellow mood so I gave "Farscape Prayer" another listen. Some very beautiful sounds there. I found the tempo a bit fast. I think I would absolutely love it time stretched to half speed keeping the pitches the same. Just a thought but it is still great as it is.

hey, that's a good idea....alot of the patches are slowly evolving, so I'll try slowing it down when I get home....hopefully there will be enough movement to keeep things interersting

thanks

fateamenabletochange wrote:hey, that's a good idea....alot of the patches are slowly evolving, so I'll try slowing it down when I get home....hopefully there will be enough movement to keeep things interersting
Looking forward to hearing this. :)

Always a pleasure to listen to your tracks, Fate.
I like "nebari farscape", but the bass and treble lead make it sound a bit new age like Frantz said. Nice, but not my style either.
"farscape prayer" is amazing in every aspect, sweet evolving sounds, fantastic mood. Love it to bits!
Thanks for sharing

thanks mariosprt, pleased you like the sounds of the second.

Return to “Music Cafe”