EEG/EAG - forcing a note within a MIDI sequence to play a specific sample?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi again Greg,

Let me see if I can succinctly articulate what I am trying to do here: I wrote-out an arpeggiated progression in a guitar-tablature-authoring program and then exported that to MIDI, then imported that MIDI into my DAW to trigger EEG/EAG. There's one thing that's sounding off: the part has an 8th note picked on the 5th fret of the D string immediately followed by an 8th note picked on the open G string. The result on a real guitar is the same note, but the timbre is noticeably different due to one note being fretted and the next note being on an open string. The problem in EEG/EAG is it sounds like the exact same note (tone AND timbre) is being repeated twice in a row on that part. How do I force the 1st note to sound as a 5th fret on the D string and the 2nd note to sound as the open G string?

You might even try just raising the fretting position a little bit to see if that corrects it. Other than that, does your guitar tablature support the ability to export MIDI with each string being on a separate MIDI channel? If so, you could use EEG's multi-channel MIDI guitar capability.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

The tab software MIDI export functionality is very basic and doesn't support separate per-string MIDI channels. Would I be correct in assuming that the way for me to do this manually in my DAW is by creating 6 different MIDI tracks for each string, assign them each to a different MIDI channel, set EEG to Omni, and set the MIDI Guitar function to multi-channel?

Greg, I could really use your help/guidance on this as it's the only thing in this song I'm doing that sounds unrealistic.

So is there any way at all to tell Evolution, either in Evolution Engine or the DAW, to make it such that when you have two of the same MIDI note in a row, make the first one trigger the 5th fret of one string and the second one trigger the next highest open string?

The best way to do that is to use the multi-channel feature--that way you can put the first note on the 5th fret of one string, and then the next note on the higher-pitched open string. You can actually automate the multi-channel mode, so you can switch back and forth from using the automatic fretting system to manually choosing which string plays each note.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Ok thanks I'll try that.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”