Acoustic Disaster - Lemonade

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

^ This is only my alias, hope you won't think the same about my tracks :hihi:

This is a dance/house track i was working on in the last 2 weeks,

http://soundcloud.com/ferez21/acoustic- ... r-lemonade

This is a dance/house track iv'e been working on in the last 2 weeks in my improvised studio (i'm moving out, so my gear is packed).
Hope it sounds good on your speakers, as it was mixed on headphones and referenced in a car :roll:

Your feedback is appreciated guys,
Thanks for listening :)
Last edited by ferez21 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

your feedback is welcomed,
I'm always looking to improve and i'm sure i can learn from the experience of you guys :)

Sorry to bump, but before it gets to the 2nd page and basically gone forever, i would really want to hear your feedback, as this is the first track iv'e finished in a long time, and it's basically thanks to the advice and tools i got from the people here in the forum since i registered a couple of months ago :)

Nice work, i like your soundtrack. Keep up the good work!

JonPTr wrote:Nice work, i like your soundtrack. Keep up the good work!
Thanks mate, glad you liked it :)

Hey, that's a great, fun track. Congrats.
seems like you are in command of what you want to do, so I'll just pass along a couple of thoughts:
overall the bass was too low. The cuts and stuff do a great job of pumping, but the bass itself could be louder. I might use a little bit longer release on the bass envelope to fill out the bottom end some despite the cuts.

On it's own, the kick sounds like some mid-hi freqs (1k?) need to be eq'd down a bit, as it sounded a little hi to me. But this could be because I was missing the low end of the bass - I felt like one of them needed to bring more sub energy. The kick has a nice snap to it though.

I loved some of the dynamics/playing of the mono lead you pulled off. Thought I heard some distortion in the crescendo before the last 1/3rd of the song, but could be my computer.

There is some nice background percussion work that I liked that is really only evident at the beginnng & end - liek a bonus min. house track hiding in there.

Cool stuff, I hope you get some more listens
..what goes around comes around..

ouroboros wrote:Hey, that's a great, fun track. Congrats.
seems like you are in command of what you want to do, so I'll just pass along a couple of thoughts:
overall the bass was too low. The cuts and stuff do a great job of pumping, but the bass itself could be louder. I might use a little bit longer release on the bass envelope to fill out the bottom end some despite the cuts.

On it's own, the kick sounds like some mid-hi freqs (1k?) need to be eq'd down a bit, as it sounded a little hi to me. But this could be because I was missing the low end of the bass - I felt like one of them needed to bring more sub energy. The kick has a nice snap to it though.

I loved some of the dynamics/playing of the mono lead you pulled off. Thought I heard some distortion in the crescendo before the last 1/3rd of the song, but could be my computer.

There is some nice background percussion work that I liked that is really only evident at the beginnng & end - liek a bonus min. house track hiding in there.

Cool stuff, I hope you get some more listens
Man, i really appreciate you took the time to write such a comprehensive comment :)

I do have problem with basses i guess, as i was mixing with KRK Kns6400 headphones which are known to have kinda weak bass, i'll try to use more references to get the bass right next time.

Your'e right regarding the distortion in the end of the second third of the song, i used there a distorted bass which apparentley have its higher frequencies clashing with the stab synth. I'm embaressed i haven't noticed it before exporting :oops:

Thanks again for the feedback, it will really help me grow and learn more :)

Yeah man, it sucks when a deluge of new submissions end up burying your hard work at the bottom of the feed. I think this belongs back on top, personally!
This is really outstanding work that restores my faith in a saturated genre. As I type this I'm currently on my fourth listen. You keep holding my interest from start to finish with every funky twist and turn. It never gets repetitive, yet sounds like one cohesive, complete work.
I have to disagree with a recent critique which found the bass too low. For all the importance of bass, especially in this style of music, I think some artists are too obnoxious with it. On the other hand, I think your percussion here could stand a few extra decibels, if anything. (Then again, I am also listening via headphones, and I'm also a drum slut.)
Honestly, I don't know how you pulled this off. I wish I did. This kind of attention to detail is on a level that I can't even fathom. Thank you for sharing.

EDIT: I just want to add that I'm in no way an audiophile or technically knowledgeable on frequency issues... I guess what I'm trying to say is that if Ouroboros is noting a discrepancy you should really take his insight into consideration before you listen to me!

andrew.mack wrote:Yeah man, it sucks when a deluge of new submissions end up burying your hard work at the bottom of the feed. I think this belongs back on top, personally!
Thanks! i glad to hear you think that, and mostly glad you enjoyed my music.
It was worth making this tune for a comment like this, so thank you :)
andrew.mack wrote: This is really outstanding work that restores my faith in a saturated genre
Absolutely right. I'm still trying to find my niche in this genre. As my style tends to be more "soft" and melodic by today's standards of the genre, it's hard to find a crowd which will appreciate it, so i'm glad for every single person that enjoyed my tracks.
andrew.mack wrote: Thank you for sharing.
My pleasure, stay tuned, as in two weeks i'm going to release another 8)

andrew.mack wrote: EDIT: I just want to add that I'm in no way an audiophile or technically knowledgeable on frequency issues... I guess what I'm trying to say is that if Ouroboros is noting a discrepancy you should really take his insight into consideration before you listen to me!
I'm learning and growing from every type of comment, be it technical, or musical, you both have valid points which i take into account.

Thanks again for you and all the and past and future listeners, you give me the reasons to keep making music :)

darkshine wrote:Great track mate!!!!
Thanks mate!

Return to “Music Cafe”