Kirnu - Cream pre-release 2

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jumpercable wrote:
Kirnu wrote:
nexussynth wrote:thanks for this great plugin! i think there might be a slight stability problem, where if you get all four tracks going, occasionally one of the tracks will 'reset' itself when changing keys (transposing from the keyboard)and i have to go back and edit everything on that track again. of course i could save it and load it back in again but has anybody else had this happen? i am on winXP SP3.

one other thing, maybe a bug, more of a question: i seem to have to drag the length of each function under the tabbed functions of each track when i want the same length for each. like say an accent which will not repeat until all 32 steps are played even if all tracks are set to say 4 steps. is this normal and am i missing something?
This was the same thing I mentioned I think - the confusion is that pattern lenght doesnt really shorten the lenght the way people expect and it seems you do have to manually go into each tab and set the loop points to the desired lenght.

If the function remains the same - it might be advisable that theres a ctrl click option that when you click one of the loop brackets it changes the lenght for all tabs. So you only need do it once.

Pattern length appears to have no effect on what is played... The manual is useless for explaining the purpose of the control because it only says "Defines pattern length."

and yes, some way to set all tabs to a particular length would be useful

Kirnu wrote:
shorty wrote:Hi.

Cream crashed both in Reaper (four times) and FL Studio (once)

(in reaper twice with two different vsts while playing a sound, once without any vst in reaper and FL 10.9b)

Greets
Does this happen also with version 2? I tried to reproduce it but Cream worked as expected.

-Arto

version is v1.0.0 pre release 2
it crashes after inserting some chords in chord memory 2, selecting "chrdmem 2" right clicking the pattern and selecting "copy to all" from the context menu (repeat 2-5 times for crash). it happens in the 32- and 64bit version.

in FL studio there are also graphical glitches with the 64-bit version (which could be a FL-wrapper fault); the crash happens likewise.

In the meantime 2 new videos :)

One tutorial which shows making (meanwhile ancient :)) Daudmau5 alike chords:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lnzWRsce1A&hd=1

And the other one which shows how to record the output in Reaper :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uyeDsby4vs&hd=1

Thanks for the videos Lopez, very helpful.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

The sustain pedal does not work with Cream...

Great tutorials PepeLopez! Keep them coming.

the graphical glitches are gone in FL Studio 64bit beta, so it was a wrapper error indeed.

But the crash remains.

shorty wrote:the graphical glitches are gone in FL Studio 64bit beta, so it was a wrapper error indeed. But the crash remains.
I'm sorry, but that beta is REALLY fresh (around one week), so we can't take it into account. AFAIK the 32bit Cream version should work fine in bridged mode in FL x64. We see the need of a good working 64bit version, but we cannot test against beta versions. However, when FL 64bit will be officially released we will check it again - that's promised!

Next stop: AU version!

Is there any news if note transposition will be reverted to the Kirnu behavior?
As mentioned here:
paterpeter wrote: as far as I understand, when a (global) scale is enabled, the "transpose" modifier interprets the value as number of steps "within" the scale instead of semi-tones. In Kirnu, the values are still semi-tones but the actual note snaps to the nearest note of the scale. Can we get this behavior back? Maybe as an option? It's now very difficult e.g. to load a preset that uses offsets and "force" it into a specific scale .
Hm, I'm not sure, do we need a more structured way to handle feature requests?

paterpeter wrote:Hm, I'm not sure, do we need a more structured way to handle feature requests?
Well, Arto has a list with FRs, but not all can be taken into account.

First we have FRs which would change the overall behaviour and/or output of Cream, so if we release e.g. a v1.5 which behaves differently than v1.0, old projects won't work or would sound differently. Nobody wants this!

Second thing is, that the gui is streamlined to the actual features - and Cream is a feature monster right now (for me: in a very positive way). I think that the workflow is good for everyone at the moment... newbies and advanced producers which needs an advanced arpeggiator. Some FRs would make a change on the gui necessary, and this won't happen at this point. We can't make every FR happen, but we try to satisfy every user with an easy workflow.

We had not discussed the list of FRs right now, but the main problem will be:
How should we implement this in the gui? Things like "probability" or "randomize values" or "strumming" features are definately nice, but I'm not sure yet if it's possible to get it into the gui properly.

Our primary target now is the AU version and the last bugfixes. It could be possible, that the pre-order period will end at start of March. So don't take too much time if you haven't bought it already :)

My two primary requests are both behavioral and wouldn't require any additions to the UI:

- Setting a scale should IMO not completely change the meaning of transposition, but only cause notes to snap to certain notes in the scale.
- Gate steps should (IMO) be relative to the Gate knob, just like Accent steps are relative to the Volume knob. It's about consistency and real-time tweakability.

I'd really appreciate if those two made it into the first official release. :hail:

But no matter if they'll be implemented or not - I highly recommend Cream.

BTW, until Studio One gets proper support for MIDI effects, I recommend using MuLab's MUX as an effect chainer. I need to add a tiny bit of delay inside the effect chain (less than 0.1ms), but then the timing is stable and it's much easier to handle than sending MIDI from one track to another.

Endless playing notes

Presonus Studio One V2.5 Producer 64bit
Kirnu Cream v1.0.0 pre release 2 64bit
Presence - Wild Synth

In Kirnu Cream i have a defined Note area C1 - B4, the base Note is C2 and Preset is Init.
if a note outside the Note area is played, i always get a endless playing note and i can only stop it with deactivate in Presence. Panic button in Kirnu Cream has in this case no effect.

I'm too experiencing hanging notes from time to time (Studio One 2.5/MUX). Cream's panic button helps, though.

paterpeter wrote:I'm too experiencing hanging notes from time to time (Studio One 2.5/MUX). Cream's panic button helps, though.
i agree with paterpeter.
i also have hanging notes sometimes althougt i have a full defined Note area C2 - C10! with panic button these hanging notes can be stopped, but hanging notes should not occur. :shock:

Hermu wrote:Endless playing notes

Presonus Studio One V2.5 Producer 64bit
Kirnu Cream v1.0.0 pre release 2 64bit
Presence - Wild Synth

In Kirnu Cream i have a defined Note area C1 - B4, the base Note is C2 and Preset is Init.
if a note outside the Note area is played, i always get a endless playing note and i can only stop it with deactivate in Presence. Panic button in Kirnu Cream has in this case no effect.

Just to help (mightnt be your issue) - for a little while I <thought> I was experiencing hanging notes - but actually - kirnu's default keyboard range isnt set all that high, so with combination synth settings and the actual keyboard key entered, you could be playing an octave or 2 outside the default range - which means the arp wont activate, and youll get unreleased hanging notes. Just keep going up the octaves and see if this is the issue you experienced.

Return to “Kirnu”