Best Android Apps

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What are some of the Best Android Apps? Free and Paid

what do you use?

DAWOSC
available @ Google Play.

There are NO best Android apps... You have chosen wrong OS and device to create music I'm afraid ;)
BTW; Here is one for you...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .heat.demo

..or maybe like me he needed a new phone as the 3 year old one was borked, and the phone that had the bells and whistles required happened to be an Android, so now he's scoping the scene :lol:
Eternitysound VST Banks

I feel for you and everyone that attempts to create music on Androind...:(

SPC and MPA are two fairly decent MPC type programs my son uses on his Android tablet. Take a little bit to learn, but not too bad. I don't have much more familiarity as I'm on iOS mostly. There is another one called Sun Vox. A few more, but you have to search good. I'm sure others will chime in here.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Caustic, reactable, rd3, dawosc.

nah. not really interested in making music this way. just curious about the apps in general :)

Leslie wrote:I feel for you and everyone that attempts to create music on Androind...:(
How patronising! I feel for you that you have to buy expensive toys and brag about them. Android has plenty of music making apps, Caustic and Audio Evolution mobile being a few of the best.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... stic&hl=en

http://www.audio-evolution.com/index.ph ... icle&id=46
Last edited by UltraJv on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

caustic supreme MPA Electrum, Sonic Chop.

its definately not preferred to a full rig setup but you can make pretty solid quality beats using these programs, say, on a train on the way to work...very fun if nothing else

ImageImageImage

Started a web site representing some of the best applications out there.
go to:
musicalandroid.com.

And yes there definitively is some really good apps out there-
I would say that for full out creations really take a look at Sunvox-
which also have full integration with Pc / Mac / Linux (and some other OS's ) so the files that get created in Sunvox is totally portable as samples and synthesizers and everything else will be saved inside the file that you work on.

Otherwise check out-

Caustic
Nanoloop
Supreme Mpa
Reactable
G-stomper 2

and then there is some good synths too-
check out Synprezfm and the new synth that I am still trying out that looks really interesting Heat,
both of these have a lot sound design possibilities.
THen there is a lot with more specific sound but that sounds really good-
I would look at
eerie synth
droiditar- that only really do one sound but the concept is to use it as a different type of guitar with really responsive string action and as they suggest to push it through guitar effects. Anyway really cool.

Also limited but that I like is Spectrum Gen and Pixel Wave...
There is a lot of Synthesizers and a lot of them for free...

Easy Sailings
and dont let the haters get to you,,,
Every man and every woman is a star.

http://www.musicalandroid.com/

Caustic is the best Android Music plug. Now that it works with Midi controllers, the future looks bright for music making on Android :tu:

But it is interesting to see that iRig Mix is now also working with Android devices

Technically this should mean that an Android phone also should be able to act as an effect box now, as iRig:
...features an extra guitar/microphone input that facilitates processing with popular apps like AmpliTube and VocaLive or any other apps that offer real-time audio effects and processing. Its standard RCA output connectors provide direct connection to PA systems or powered speakers.

My favourite Android apps:
  • Google Keep - note taking service from Google
  • SkyDrive - file storage and synchronization service provided by Microsoft
  • GTasks - powerful and intuitive tasks manager app
  • Apex Launcher - powerful, fast, and highly customizable home replacement for Android 4.0+

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”