offthewall/bluedad vs dylan/cash bluedad Cover Project #2 revisited

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The second in my Cover Project series had me looking in the direction of Dylan. The Beatles are a huge influence on me, but Dylan is not far behind. So I thought it'd be cool to ask offthewall to join me in this song. Actually I'm almost ashamed but he did much of the work, handling upright bass, harp and dobro. I had a hand in a couple of guitar tracks and mixing.
Girl From the North Country
remix with Kramer TTT
http://bluedad.com/otw_bluedad_GoNC_TTT.mp3
Last edited by bluedad on Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Beautiful track, guys.

soulful stuff. really dig the vocals & dobro.
thanks for sharing it.
..what goes around comes around..

This is a nice change of pace from the machine music posted here. Warm and very human.

While listening in earbuds, I noticed the left and right channels had separate guitar tracks with quite different rhythms. It was a little disconcerting. It sounds fine on speakers.

FrantzM wrote:This is a nice change of pace from the machine music posted here. Warm and very human.

While listening in earbuds, I noticed the left and right channels had separate guitar tracks with quite different rhythms. It was a little disconcerting. It sounds fine on speakers.
Thank you, Frantz. The guitars are different I suppose, one is strummed and the other finger picking.
Disconcerting? hmm, I'll have to listen closer.

bluedad wrote:Disconcerting? hmm, I'll have to listen closer.
The difference between strumming and finger picking would explain the different rhythms I am hearing. I am not a guitar guy.

On third listen, I like this effect. Sorry, I take it back. :oops:

Lovely gentle song. Great collab guys.

@FrantzM
This doubled up guitar - especially with a picked + strummed styles is something that offthewall has got off to a fine art. I find it works very well, and frequently ends up producing a third 'pseudo' rhythm that bounces nicely between the two.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Very nicely done - terrific heartfelt performances all round, and very well put together.

Will there be more covers in this series?

folderol wrote: @FrantzM
This doubled up guitar - especially with a picked + strummed styles is something that offthewall has got off to a fine art. I find it works very well, and frequently ends up producing a third 'pseudo' rhythm that bounces nicely between the two.
Yes, I dig it now. I've been listening to too much sequencer music lately.

FrantzM wrote: Yes, I dig it now. I've been listening to too much sequencer music lately.
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: Yes ... back to roots, man 8)

Thanks for the kind comments, all. :love:

:wink:
James
---------------------------------------------
New Updated music site at - http://www.fraserology.com/music/

Great cover guys. Always great to hear Scarborough Fair in a new context. I always liked that S&G version too. I didn't realise that Dylan had recorded it. Before my time :wink:

FrantzM, If you want to hear some disconcerting concurrent strumming and picking, listen to Frame By Frame by King Crimson.

kryptonaut wrote:

Will there be more covers in this series?
yes, this is the second. here is the first:
http://bluedad.com/bluedad-Norwegian-Wood.mp3

James and I have discussed doing a cover of the Jagger/Bowie cover of 'Dancing in the Streets'

How about a cover of "Across The Borderline" (Cooder/Hiatt/Dickinson)? Bet you could nail those harmonies :)

seismic1 wrote:How about a cover of "Across The Borderline" (Cooder/Hiatt/Dickinson)? Bet you could nail those harmonies :)
not familiar with that one..Hiatt as in John?
edit - I see, indeed it is John. nice tune...hmmm

although not my typical listenig fare,
i really enjoyed this. loved the harmonica and slide guitar. in music, no matter
what genre, the talent and skill is unmistakable.

bravo! :clap:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Music Cafe”