S O T U - I had to do it spaced, because KVR (!) thinks I am shouting

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wowza. They just did it again. Steve and other blokes at HS, God Bless You, you little geniuses.
It's like you're in my head and know the sounds I need before my brain tells me.
SOTU is fantastic.
PT10, SonicCouture, PSP, FabFilter Pro-L, Kontakt5, HollowSun, Cinematique, VSL, Celemony, Absynth5, Battery3, EWQL, IvoryGrand, Arturia, B4II, Omnisphere, Martin D28, Gibson LP, Fender P, Roland XP10, Reaktor5, HideawayStudio, Waldorf PPGW.

Have to agree, SOTU is amazing! Been playing with the sounds ALL DAY! Thanks Steve, great work.

w6mpr wrote:Have to agree, SOTU is amazing! Been playing with the sounds ALL DAY! Thanks Steve, great work.
Yes it is awesome! Anyone know the title of the multi-cd box set of music allegedly recorded from space? Whatever it was called this sounds like it ;)

Anyone know the title of the multi-cd box set of music allegedly recorded from space?
"Nasa voyager space sounds" might be what your thinking. I believe it's on iTunes of all places.

vicshere wrote:It's like you're in my head and know the sounds I need before my brain tells me.
That's our Predictive Interpretative Sound Solution (P.I.S.S.) technology. We use it in conjunction with our Wide Area Networking Kernel (W.A.N.K) and Advanced Retro Synthesis Engine (A.R.S.E.) algorithms!

;)

Glad you're liking SOTU :)

Cheers,

Stephen

That is the one! Not a bad collection of drones either. SOTU makes it somewhat obselete though ;)

https://itunes.apple.com/au/album/nasa- ... d336195159

w6mpr wrote:"Nasa voyager space sounds" might be what your thinking. I believe it's on iTunes of all places.
There's quite a bit more than that. There are even live broadcasts of this stuff and today, on the BBC's Radio 4, I heard that they have recorded the 'sound' of a new small planet in the Lyra constellation, 210 light years away, which they've discovered and called 'Kepler 37' and which sounds much like this (from the brief snippet I heard on the radio)...

Keppler 37

Made using SOTU.

Oh! I've listened to tons of this stuff to try and accurately recreate it and develop a sound engine in Kontakt that can go some way to creating 'the sounds of the universe'.

Cheers,

Stephen
Last edited by hollowsun on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

hollowsun wrote: There's quite a bit more than that. There are even live broadcasts of this stuff and today, on the BBC's Radio 4, I heard that they have recorded the 'sound' of a new small planet in the Lyra constellation, 210 light years away, which they've discovered and called 'Kepler 37' and which sounds much like this (from the brief snippet I heard on the radio)...

Keppler 37

Made using SOTU.

Oh! I've listened to tons of this stuff to try and accurately recreate it and develop a sound engine in Kontakt that can go some way to creating 'the sounds of the universe'.

Cheers,

Stephen
Well job well done Stephen! :D

:)

NASA are hoaxers. SOTU is the real thing.

Agemo wrote:NASA are hoaxers. SOTU is the real thing.
Haha! :)

Just a minor thing, but I noticed a couple of small anomalys on the HS website when checking this out.

Firstly the menus are inconsistent on the same category pages, as below

Mainpage: HOME : VINTAGE : MUSIC LABORATORY MACHINES : ALIEN DEVICES : FREEPACKS : ABOUT : CONTACT/FAQ : VIEW CART : FORUM
AlienDevices : HOME : VINTAGE : MUSIC LABORATORY MACHINES : ALIEN DEVICES : FREEPACKS : ABOUT : CONTACT/FAQ : VIEW CART : FORUM
Vintage : HOME : PRODUCTS : MUSIC LABORATORY MACHINES : FREEPACKS : ABOUT : CONTACT/FAQ : VIEW CART : FORUM
MLM : HOME : PRODUCTS : MUSIC LABORATORY MACHINES : FREEPACKS : ABOUT : CONTACT/FAQ : VIEW CART : FORUM
Freepacks : HOME : VINTAGE : MUSIC LABORATORY MACHINES : : ALIEN DEVICES : FREEPACKS : ABOUT : CONTACT/FAQ : VIEW CART : FORUM

Also the red highlighted menu items on the Alien Devices and Freepacks page are broken, returning 404s, and orange link highlighted under freepacks resolves to the Pulstar page not the Alien Devices category page.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:Just a minor thing, but I noticed a couple of small anomalys on the HS website when checking this out.

Firstly the menus are inconsistent on the same category pages, as below
Thanks Mr Rabbyt (or may I call you Whyte?)

The site needs updating and fixing. I do it all myself and I've been a tad busy lately with Pulstar, the new Freepacks and SOTU and I just haven't got round to it yet.

Also, a friend of mine is a pro web developer (unlike me who just about manages to bodge it all together ... somehow) and he's offered to do it but he's away at the moment and always busy. But I suppose I should sort it out in the meantime and then have him do it properly.

Thanks for the detailed list of broken things - that'll help me break things further! ;)

Cheers,

Stephen

Don't ever get slick and all perfect.
PT10, SonicCouture, PSP, FabFilter Pro-L, Kontakt5, HollowSun, Cinematique, VSL, Celemony, Absynth5, Battery3, EWQL, IvoryGrand, Arturia, B4II, Omnisphere, Martin D28, Gibson LP, Fender P, Roland XP10, Reaktor5, HideawayStudio, Waldorf PPGW.

Return to “Hollow Sun”