2CAudio B2: Full Body. Maximum Attitude.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
B2

Sampleconstruct wrote:
cyphersuit wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:I have the lastest build 170 1.1.05b.

In Numerology (32 bit) I'm getting very adutible digital noise like loud zipper noise when I move the value knobs that means it can't be tweaked in any realtime playback situation.

Will check Logic 32 and 64 bit to see if the problem also appears there..
I had that with the very first demo version in Studio One...
But that's by design, many controls can't be tweaked in real time without producing noises and artifacts. Only some of them can be tweaked without producing noises, like EQ cutoffs and Reverb length.
Not that fun as realtime modulation and manual tweaking is something that gets used alot here.

Valhalla Room allows tweaking without noise

Uhbikk- A also..

But if reverb size/time and frequency cutoff is tweakable without noise then I suppose it's mostly okay.. Not a dream scenario by any means..
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

Some controls are not continuous in nature in b2. This is the nature of the design.. Others may be able to be better smoothed in future updates. It's on the wish list.

Other plugs may have excessive noise at all times IMHO. Not only when adjusting parameters. Personally I prefer our approach but that's just me...

Galbanum wrote:Some controls are not continuous in nature in b2. This is the nature of the design.. Others may be able to be better smoothed in future updates. It's on the wish list.

Other plugs may have excessive noise at all times IMHO. Not only when adjusting parameters. Personally I prefer our approach but that's just me...

I'm here to learn, so thanks for the background info!

I too prefer higher sound quality/lower noise in actual use instead of no zipper noise in tweaking if that is the necessary trade off..
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

Web store annoyance regarding $0.0 order totals and Reward Points balances should be fixed now. So the "check to apply your Reward Points" step for the update should no longer be needed.

Galbanum wrote:Web store annoyance regarding $0.0 order totals and Reward Points balances should be fixed now. So the "check to apply your Reward Points" step for the update should no longer be needed.
Yes.. fixed here... Method now works as described.. Tested downloading the new b5 beta...

Also, as described in release notes, with Logic 9.1.8/10.8.2 and the latest beta 5b of B2.. the offline bounce problem seems to be cured too... Just bounced two projects that with the previous build I had to bounce in realtime in order for sound to be heard and they both bounced perfectly in offline mode this time around.

Thanks Andrew!

Latest build works fine here...

Stochastic B2 Space:
Alchemy sound sent into B2 Dual Engine - Long Delays cascaded into Space

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/b ... stic-space

Full 1.1.0b updater for existing customers posted here now with full installer for OSX and Win:

http://www.2caudio.com/support/updates#b2

This is build 171. It contains one minor correction compared to 170 posted two days ago.

Last edited by Andrew Souter on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galbanum wrote:Full 1.1.0b updater for existing customers posted here now with full installer for OSX and Win:

This is build 171. It contains one minor correction compared to 170 posted two days ago.
Hi Andrew,

Is this the final release build?

(Just checking! :)

Many thanks,

Alan

Galbanum wrote:Full 1.1.0b updater for existing customers posted here now with full installer for OSX and Win:

Did you fix the overwriting presets problem?

aMUSEd wrote:

There is no problem AFAIK with overwriting User presets when updating Full version to Full version.

The issue was preserving presets that were created with the demo version as I remember. Right? This was not addressed. If you make presets in the demo version, save them manually first, and then copy them back into the User preset folder. We'll look at making a script in the installer to handle it automatically in the next update.

You can also use "Save to Folder" instead of "Save to User Bank" in the demo. Then, when/if you purchase the full version, you can copy/import all your presets into the User bank.

taoyoyo wrote: Is this the final release build?

This is effectively the final release build for all we had set out to do initially yes and has passed thorough QA tests (which you guys helped with-thanks!). An email is going out now to all customers.

However, we have just decided this week to expand the scope of the project for this update cycle and we now wish to include two more tasks into this update cycle. So the official version number of this one today is 1.1.0b. There will be another in a few weeks called 1.1.0 that adds AAX support and preset browser enhancements, and prob a double size GUI option.

From the email I am about to send:
We'd like to give you an update of our 64-bit OSX porting efforts.

The B2 port is now done and has been available as version 1.1.0b for several weeks now to our internal beta team and any customer who follows the KVR, Gearslutz, or VI-Control forums. There are currently no known issues and we consider it to be a stable release build. It is available to try today. Demo links are found on the B2 product page. If you are an existing B2 customer, simply follow the instructions here to obtain the free update:

If we have done our job correctly to this point, and we are pretty certain we have, you should see ZERO functional changes compared to 1.0.0, however, ALL GUI and Systems code is 100% different. This is actually more work than making a completely new product and will function as the systems and GUI framework for all future products and updates. There are several ancillary benefits to this process which are listed at the end of this email.

While we were completing the 64-bit OSX port, we opted to keep our winter holiday promotion active so that everyone could have a chance to try B2 in 64-bit OSX hosts. Now that this work has been completed, we are winding down the current promotion.

The current B2 promotional pricing and 10% Reward Points bonus will end on March 1, 2013. This means you have 7 more days to try out B2 1.1.0 in 64-bit hosts and still take part in the current promotional pricing. $50-off promotional pricing on Aether, Breeze, and The Perfect Storm. will remain active until 10 days after these products are available for 64-bit OSX formats.

For full details of this promotion, including additional cross-grade discounts for existing customers, please see here:

http://www.2caudio.com/oldsite/promo/HolidayPromo2012/

B2 1.1.0b Enhancements:

1) OSX 64-bit AU and VST support
2) Completely new and modernized GUI and systems internal code-base for OSX and Windows
3) Several memory leaks which could lead to crashing in complex projects have been fixed
4) Load times are much faster and are effectively instant from SSD drives
5) Less RAM usage all around, which can potentially lead to minor performance enhancements
6) GUIs are now processed on GPU instead of CPU so it should be VERY responsive.
7) GUIs can be easily offered in different sizes
8) Optimized and abstracted code organization behind the scenes to protect ourselves from development delays in the future when third parties introduce new standards

There are two new additional things that we want to add to this update cycle: AAX support and preset browser enhancements to allow another level folder organization in the preset browser so that the User preset folder and preset expansion packs may contain sub-folders and total folder count becomes effectively unlimited. We are completing these tasks now. When these are complete B2 will drop the "b" from its name and become the official version 1.1.0.

Aether and Breeze will be next and will obtain all of the same benefits listed above. They are in no way being abandoned, and are used daily on the biggest projects in our industry. We will do an Aether 2.0 with significant enhancements some time in the future.

Thanks for being patient with us during this process. We are happy to provide you with some evidence of the benefits of it today, and very excited to return to new product development very shortly. We have something very cool up next for all of you!

RTAS and Win XP Notes:

B2 1.1.0b is only for AU & VST on OSX. If you need RTAS in addition to VST/AU, do NOT install this yet. This version is NOT compatible with the previous version RTAS shells. We are now working on an AAX version. We do NOT anticipate offering an RTAS version of B2 1.1.0 or any future versions of B2 or any other 2CAudio product. RTAS development will be suspended. It will be replaced with AAX. RTAS uses can continue with the current versions of our products and we will provide a special legacy version of the plug with a different ID so that you can install the old RTAS and the new versions concurrently if really necessary. This will be available on a per-request basis.

B2 1.1.0b and all subsequent products and updates no longer support Windows XP. We can offer special builds of these products for Win XP on a per-request basis, but they are not officially supported and we can not troubleshoot in any way as we no longer have Windows XP to test on. This is in line with most current version host applications. If you still use Windows XP for some reason, you might consider sticking with the current/previous generation of our products until you switch to Windows 7/8.
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

double size GUI option.
It's Aether that needs that, not B2

Galbanum wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:

There is no problem AFAIK with overwriting User presets when updating Full version to Full version.

The issue was preserving presets that were created with the demo version as I remember. Right?
Not entirely - it also trashed the ones I put in the user folder from Simon.

aMUSEd wrote:
double size GUI option.
It's Aether that needs that, not B2
It will come too...

All benefits mentioned above for B2 from this cycle will also apply to Aether and Breeze and all new products after that...

Aether and Breeze will not take as long. Most of the time spent on this was to develop and debug the new GUI/systems code base. Adapting specific products to it once it is already stabilized and well thought out is a littler easier.

Return to “Effects”