What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Alchemy Player v1.55 Released

Official support for: camelaudio.com

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

ugo
KVRAF

5458 posts since 6 Jan, 2003, from Leesburg VA, USA

Postby ugo; Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:27 am Alchemy Player v1.55 Released

We're really pleased to make the official release of Alchemy Player v1.55 available today.

Alchemy Player v1.55 is a major update, designed to keep inspiration flowing with probably the most fully-featured sound browser available anywhere, faster preset loading times, improved remote control from the Alchemy iOS app, and many more enhancements.

* Instructions on how to update to Alchemy Player v1.55
* Alchemy Player release notes

Watch the Alchemy Player Video
EvilDragon
KVRAF

9812 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:23 am

Congrats!

I presume Alchemy update following soon, then? :)
ugo
KVRAF

5458 posts since 6 Jan, 2003, from Leesburg VA, USA

Postby ugo; Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:40 am

Yes, the update for the full version of Alchemy will be out very soon. :)
filkertom
KVRian

757 posts since 20 Aug, 2005, from Ann Arbor, MI

Postby filkertom; Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:44 am

And this is the same as the most recent RC? :)
Tom Smith
http://www.tomsmithonline.com/ - http://www.thefump.com/
Win7 Pro/64 SP1 - I5 3570K - 16 GB RAM
BIAB 2012 - Reaper 4 - Sound Forge Pro 9
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

10219 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:47 am

Yes it's the same as RC 1 - just the file name has been changed.

Peace,
Andy.
codec_spurt
KVRAF

3462 posts since 20 Sep, 2005

Postby codec_spurt; Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:31 am

This is just pure class.

Yowsa! What a browser!

I just downloaded the updates to my expansion packs and the latest Alchemy Player. I was running 1.2 before or something and only had Luftrum installed of my soundsets. I just installed EVERYTHING I've got and what an absolute pleasure this browser is. No, I'd go further, it's sheer joy!

Everything installed absolutely perfectly and no hiccups from my last install. Just overwrote and caused no trouble. Recalled some songs that I did a while back and they played back perfectly.

And thanks for the Taste of Camel. You little teasers. You know what you're doing. We all want it, er, I mean, them. The new expansion packs I mean. :lol:
I take it that it doesn't install to a discreet soundbank of its own, rather it's what provides all the other samples from the other soundsets.

Great idea! I didn't realise that you Camel boys had been so busy. Some really nice looking soundsets there. Might have to use that little voucher you gave me.

Can't believe this is free. Must spread the word.

What a beautiful design. Form AND function. I'm seriously impressed. To be honest, the other browser you had was fine, but it didn't inspire me to install all the soundsets I have from you, with this I just couldn't resist.

I'm off to see how it behaves with .SFZ files other than your patches...

Thankyou.

Edit:
Thanks to Biolabs for the new skin. Awesome!
You'll be pleased to know, I'm knocking it all on the head.
Melodyshine
KVRist

214 posts since 26 Aug, 2010

Postby Melodyshine; Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:20 am

The new player doesn't work as fast as version 1.25 . When I chosse a library it takes a second until I get to see the presets. That problem didn't exist in version 1.25.
Moreover Taste of Camel creates so many library folders. That's so annoying. I guess I'll uninstall version 1.55 + Taste of Camel and I install the version 1.25 + my lybraries.
codec_spurt
KVRAF

3462 posts since 20 Sep, 2005

Postby codec_spurt; Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:58 am

Melodyshine wrote:The new player doesn't work as fast as version 1.25 . When I chosse a library it takes a second until I get to see the presets. That problem didn't exist in version 1.25.
Moreover Taste of Camel creates so many library folders. That's so annoying. I guess I'll uninstall version 1.55 + Taste of Camel and I install the version 1.25 + my lybraries.

I can't say on my machine there is any difference, then again it was 1.2 I updated from. I am pretty sure, but I may be wrong. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

I know the library and folder system can seem a bit overwhelming, but I'd rather be overwhelmed than underwhelmed. It's not like a NI interface for example, I'm thinking of Kore. Not well designed in my opinion. Not a joy to use, a chore in fact. I just don't bother with it though I really like SOME of the sounds. Same with FM8. I know people rate it and I'm sure it sounds great. But you can forget it with that interface. I've gone back to it a few times and it's one of the few plugins I loathe. FM7 however, I just adore and wouldn't part with for any money.

No, I like the structure. I'm sure it was a design decision, but it works for me, in a big way.

I just loaded up a 3rd party .SFZ and tweaked it a bit in the player. For some reason I didn't realise you could do that before, or I did it and it didn't work. Anyway this is a superb instrument. I've totally mangled the sound (well it was pretty mangled to start with) and come up with something truly beautiful and unique.

It's a shame that when you step through with the arrow buttons it reverts to the last Alchemy preset. It would be nice if it could read the next .SFZ file in the folder and call that. Oh well, maybe when they implement the 'Advanced' option on the menu. :lol:

I do realise that Alchemy Player's main purpose isn't to be a free .SFZ player though. But I do appreciate the ability to call up others patches and play about. And tweak! Sforzando doesn't do that.

And I'm loving me that Biolabs skin. :D

I'm now going to listen to some of those sounds I got that I still have only checked out maybe 10 percent. And I think I'll stop buying soundsets. I should put the money away to buy a full upgrade to Alchemy instead. There are a few VSTs on my shortlist, but probably no.1 and no.2 would be Alchemy and Zebra respectively.

cheers.
You'll be pleased to know, I'm knocking it all on the head.
Melodyshine
KVRist

Postby Melodyshine; Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:06 am

Apparently the Alchemy Player has got the same problem as Alchemy http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=366401
I hope they release Taste Of Camel as a real sound library or a library version that works with 1.25 .
Last edited by Melodyshine on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:10 am

Melodyshine wrote:Apparently the Alchemy Player has got the same problem as Alchemy http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=366401
I hope they release Taste Of Camel as a real sound library or a library version that works with 1.25 .

The thread you've linked to is about a different problem.

Taste of Camel will only ever be a v1.55 or later release because of the preset format, and that at least one of the included sound libraries requires v1.55.

Selecting a bank or other attribute in the browser is not "instant" because of the way it needs to determine what presets match the search criteria. It shouldn't take 1 second, but it is quite heavily dependent on CPU.

Peace,
Andy.
Melodyshine
KVRist

Postby Melodyshine; Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:13 am

I use a intel i5 4*2,7 Ghz so that shouldn't be a problem.
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:19 am

Hmm, that CPU should cope fine. Is this the first time you've installed the v1.55 update? May be try following the instructions on this page:

http://bit.ly/VPk7SP

Basically, delete the presets DB file, reboot the machine, start your host and create an instance of Alchemy Player.

Make sure the About box (on the file menu) reads v1.55.0.3373 (that's the WIn version).

Also would be useful to know which host you are using.

Peace,
Andy.
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

4025 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:01 pm

cheers guys...d'loading now and looking forward to giving the new presets a good going over

thanks again :D
t3toooo
KVRian

1447 posts since 24 Dec, 2005

Postby t3toooo; Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:27 pm

ZenPunkHippy wrote:[

Taste of Camel will only ever be a v1.55 or later release because of the preset format, and that at least one of the included sound libraries requires v1.55.

Peace,
Andy.

a couple of things are confusing,though.

on my product download page the "Taste of Camel" sample size is 566,30mb (added september 19.2012) and they are for alchemy v1.50
i already downloaded this one some time ago.

i've got the announcing e-mail for the same "Taste of Camel" (?) library,i don't see any new added samples in my account for downloading and the sample size is slightly different, 567mb.

so i downloaded the presets only (but did not install them yet) installed alchemy 1.55.,however. :shrug:

edit:just saw this issue discussed in the instruments section.
Last edited by t3toooo on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RLSguitar
KVRist

169 posts since 5 Jul, 2011, from Houston Metro, Texas, USA

Postby RLSguitar; Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:51 pm

Great update! Love the new browser so much. Thanks for the Taste of Camel samples.
Robert Len Stallard
RLSguitar.com
Next

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

Return to Camel Audio