PCIe soundcard?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

crazed one wrote:Not sure if this relates but I saw some mentions of the EMU 1616m in this thread (at least once). I have one, it didn't work for me on my Windows 7 64bit rig.

I went through the process of installing with one of their techs and finally gave up. I heard that Creative stopped working on the drivers for these and their beta drivers for Windows 7 didn't work for me.

I'm currently looking at the Focusrite USB cards.
I've got the 1212m card (practically the same) and am running it without problems on a Windows 7 64bit PC without any problems. Driver installation went fine.

I'm not totally convinced this ESI is going to work for me.
Does anyone have any info of an RME HDSPe PCIe + Multiface II combo? It's kinda expensive, but right now I'm almost ready to pay for some stability and low latency performance.
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

mkdr wrote:I'm not totally convinced this ESI is going to work for me.
Does anyone have any info of an RME HDSPe PCIe + Multiface II combo? It's kinda expensive, but right now I'm almost ready to pay for some stability and low latency performance.
Never mind. I got the Rme :)

Btw the PCI-E Esi Esp1010e is for sale, 100e. If someones interested, PM me.
www.mkdr.net

I can't seem to find a dealer in the U.S. for the PCI-E Esi. Can someone help me? Thank you.

mkdr wrote:
Never mind. I got the Rme :)

Btw the PCI-E Esi Esp1010e is for sale, 100e. If someones interested, PM me.
Sorry i didn't see your post. Yeah it's a bit misleading that, i doubt i'll ever use all the channels so for me not so much an issue but i thought the spdif would be useful. I wanted it mainly for the latency and directwire, the stability has to be the best of any soundcard i've owned, 0 issues since i had it, windows 7 64bit. Sound quality is good as well but sampling from external sources and having no gap in the audio at the beginning is great! :)

People are always asking about ways to record from system audio, well you can do that with the directwire, i was able to patch audio through my mophos audio in as well. Think i paid £95 all in so that's a good price imho. I'd like to get an RME in the future but for a budget interface with the latency and stability i think it's hard to beat.
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

rcat wrote:I can't seem to find a dealer in the U.S. for the PCI-E Esi. Can someone help me? Thank you.
I think it's discontinued.
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

musikmachine wrote:
rcat wrote:I can't seem to find a dealer in the U.S. for the PCI-E Esi. Can someone help me? Thank you.
I think it's discontinued.
Yes it is discontinued. I bought mine used.
Thomann had a blowout sale some time ago. They were selling them for 150 euros.
Great card for sure. The price and performance are unbeatable. Shame about the reboot problem on some motherboards...
www.mkdr.net

Havent read the thread but I can totally vouch for a Lynx Aurora/Lynx AES16 combo. Ultra low latency and some of the best converters around (but no, not cheap).

Sorry, I should have stated that I can't find any dealers in the U.S. that carry any ESi products at all. I'm interested in purchasing the MAYA44 XTe, which according to their website is still in production. It appears that there might be a vendor in Canada, but I'd really like to just go down to my local Guitar Center and order/buy it. Or, failing that, purchase on-line. Kind of strange for a company that has been in business for so long.

I am running an HDSP + Multiface combo (older than yours) in Windows 7 x64 without problems. Great drivers and software, and very stable. I think you can go with HDSPe PCIe + Multiface II for sure.
Fernando (FMR)

alexjhon wrote:[copied-and-pasted filler material and a SPAM link deleted]
You forgot a very important thing: ASIO drivers. I would never buy a soundcard for music which manufacturer would not have a good background in writing ASIO drivers. That's the most critical issue, because there are lots of very good hardware alternatives - it's the software that makes the difference.
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”