What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Glitch Effect

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Joshiva
KVRer

15 posts since 22 Oct, 2012

Postby Joshiva; Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:25 pm Glitch Effect

hey guys im looking for this certain stutter/glitch/slicing effect but i cant manage to get something like this .maybe anyone here is able to help me.

https://soundcloud.com/calyptratus-1/ca ... cosmorgana on 6 sec or at 1.30 you can hear it perfectly

would be so nice if anyone has the solution for me!! :)
vata44
KVRian

1482 posts since 29 Jul, 2007

Postby vata44; Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:43 pm

DBlue Glitch?
bailees7irish
KVRAF

2559 posts since 30 Mar, 2007, from virginia, US

Postby bailees7irish; Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:46 pm

vaisnava wrote:DBlue Glitch?

plus uno
FL Studio 11 / Music Creator 6 Touch / Fabfilter One / Aalto / Alchemy / Cumulus / Scanned Synth Pro / Consequence / EVE / Harmless / Ohmboyz / Mobilohm / Hematohm / Predatohm / Eos
Sendy
KVRAF

4417 posts since 20 Jul, 2010

Postby Sendy; Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:07 pm

Dblue Glitch, Effectrix et al are very good at what they do but sometimes you just can't beat a good old-fashioned wave editor with the ability to run VST effects.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp!
Joshiva
KVRer

Postby Joshiva; Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:31 am

the problem is there are a lot plugina which are able to do something like that but the most ones do what they want and i need one with a good control to make this things
bailees7irish
KVRAF

2559 posts since 30 Mar, 2007, from virginia, US

Postby bailees7irish; Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:44 am

Joshiva wrote:the problem is there are a lot plugina which are able to do something like that but the most ones do what they want and i need one with a good control to make this things

I have no idea what you just said.
FL Studio 11 / Music Creator 6 Touch / Fabfilter One / Aalto / Alchemy / Cumulus / Scanned Synth Pro / Consequence / EVE / Harmless / Ohmboyz / Mobilohm / Hematohm / Predatohm / Eos
skipscada
KVRian

751 posts since 22 Oct, 2004, from Schmocation

Postby skipscada; Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:48 am

Joshiva wrote:the problem is there are a lot plugina which are able to do something like that but the most ones do what they want and i need one with a good control to make this things

Sendy wrote:you just can't beat a good old-fashioned wave editor

If you want full control you have to be willing to spend some time and get your fingers dirty.
Fritze
KVRAF

1714 posts since 13 Aug, 2011, from Berlin

Postby Fritze; Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:52 am

Sendy wrote:Dblue Glitch, Effectrix et al are very good at what they do but sometimes you just can't beat a good old-fashioned wave editor with the ability to run VST effects.

Interesting. Is there anything it can do that some cut/copy/paste/etc in a DAW can't do? I'm curious...
Joshiva
KVRer

Postby Joshiva; Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:57 am

Sendy wrote:Dblue Glitch, Effectrix et al are very good at what they do but sometimes you just can't beat a good old-fashioned wave editor with the ability to run VST effects.

ok sounds great :D could you give me advice for a pretty good one?no matter what price it is.
nix808
KVRAF

2921 posts since 22 Jul, 2006, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby nix808; Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:16 am

Sony Sound Forge is a neat audio editor->
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/soundforgesoftware
Just be sure to do edits on 0 crossings & get the ACID
looping tools toolbar showing from preferences
Suloo
KVRian

1245 posts since 21 Jan, 2008, from The Outer Rim

Postby Suloo; Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:19 am

Izotope Stutter Edit is pretty cool..
Bitwig Scripts: liine Lemur |Cakewalk A-300 Pro ~~ u-he Patches: Zebra - Nano Source
stimresp
KVRian

866 posts since 1 Jul, 2008

Postby stimresp; Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:31 am

Sendy
KVRAF

4417 posts since 20 Jul, 2010

Postby Sendy; Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:38 am

Fritze wrote:

Interesting. Is there anything it can do that some cut/copy/paste/etc in a DAW can't do? I'm curious...

I'm still using Cool Edit Pro but I assume any decent modern wave editor would have these features. For a start CEP's "offline" chorus, noise reduction, reverb and flanger effects are very peculiar and WIDE OPEN for glitchy abuse. For operations involving multiple passes of an effect over different beat ranges, I find CEP's beat snapping (once set up correctly) very easy and quick to work with. You can change zoom levels and edit different orders of magnitude very quickly and get recursive processes going and it just seems less clunky to me.

I guess it's because, before there were VST glitchers, we were using CEP and similar editors to make these effects (most of us inspired by Aphex Twin's Windowlicker), so making "wave origami" is something I've got quick at with this tool.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp!
cyphersuit
KVRAF

2149 posts since 12 Nov, 2009

Postby cyphersuit; Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:43 am

stimresp wrote:Sugarbytes Turnado?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCbFbsO-_ik

+1 Turnado. It's more versatile than Stutter and super stable.
Finally!
Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF

3819 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:27 am

cyphersuit wrote:
stimresp wrote:Sugarbytes Turnado?

+1 Turnado. It's more versatile than Stutter and super stable.

Effectrix and Turnado are both great. Low cpu, stable and fun. What's especially great is the amount of control you have in changing patterns on the fly and you don't need an extra midi track. Although in effectrix you can trigger patterns by midi or a single continuous controller (which I've never seen before in any other plug-in).
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects