Rev. C switches off while playing!!! Please help!

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I think everything is in the title... My Rev. C (around 6 years old...) switches off randomly while playing. It started doing this last week, and does it regularly since then.

Any suggestions welcome!

Demierra

Could be a faulty power supply or even power connector, but just to be clear:

What's it plugged into? Is this happening regardless of where you plug it in?

Have you tried a different power cable?
-John

Power connector and cord are ok. It is plugged into a multisocket, together with other sound modules. It has always been connected like that, so I don't think it has anything to do with power cord.

Maybe the power supply... what kind of power supply does a Rev. C have? Is it easily replacable (or at least try another one...)?

Thanks for any suggestion
Demierra

Assuming the socket you're connecting to doesn't have any problems, then yeah, you should be able to get a replacement power supply.

If you're not comfortable doing computer repairs, a local, COMPETENT tech shop should be able to do it.

Check this thread:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=367473

Could also be a overheating CPU. Does the fan of the cpu still run?

Fedde

I have removed the Receptor from its rack and I am going to do a few tests on it:

- Tomorrow I'm going to open the case and play it until it crashes again, which shouldn't be too long... At that time I'll be able to check if CPU fan works properly or not.

- Then, I'll use another power supply. A friend of mine has a spare computer power supply, so I'll just plug it in and restart the machine and see what happens... if something happens. If Receptor doesn't crash anymore, then I'll know what it was.

- If Receptor still crashes, then I need your help. What else could it be? RAM, CPU, Hard drive...? Is there a way of diagnosing all this on the Receptor? I know that something is possible if you plug a screen and keyboard directly to the Receptor, but I have never done this. I'll try to read more about it, but your help would be more than welcome...

I am not going to open a ticket at Plugorama. My Receptor is out of warranty now, and there is no Muse service in Switzerland (not even a supplier anymore...), so I don't think they will be of any help, unless the can do it by phone.

Demierra

Some news... I opened the Receptor to check if all the cables were connected properly. Everything was ok, except that I found a loose screw that was moving freely inside the case. Apparently it was one of the motherboard's screws. I put it back in its place and checked the rest.
Then I started the Receptor ans started playing, thinking that it would crash soon... and guess what, it didn't!!! I used it for over 2 hours without any problems (playing, editing, loading presets, plugins, ...). I really don't understand, and I don't believe that the problem was just this screw.
I'll use it again in the next days and see what happens.

One more thing, I changed the power cord. This wasn't planned, but I had forgotten it, so I used another one instead. I'll re-use the old one and see what happens.

Again, if any suggestion, please do!
Demierra

Return to “Muse Research and Development”