String flageolet samples

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Are there any string flageolet samples, seperate or inside string libraries?

Thanks

Which instrument? Guitar harmonics are quite common in libraries but you might find it harder to find them for other instruments.

VSL Solo Strings extended has a lot of great sounding natural and artificial flagolets for Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass.

I sampled some myself with professional string players for my Alchemy Banks Alchemistry Beyond (violin) and Alchemistry.

hi there,

thanks so far...

i was talking about cello or violin flageolets

thanks

LASS, Spitfire Sable, VSL..

Orchestral tools symphonic sphere has vvcb glissando, tremolo & sustains flageolets
Last edited by budweiser on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cimbasso wrote:Spitfire Sable
? Where ? Playing with it right now and don't see this artic.

budweiser wrote:
Cimbasso wrote:Spitfire Sable
? Where ? Playing with it right now and don't see this artic.
Long harmonics, economical and individual brushes:

http://www.spitfireaudio.com/sable-patch-list.html

My favorite string library doesn't have them, hopefully they'll add some down the road..

I get it. I requested tremolo flageolet for vol 3, but i have better asked for tremolo harmonics ... :hihi: This lib is stunning, by the way.

I don't have it (yet), but it sounds really wonderful. My wish is col legno tratto, it doesn't exist in any library I know of. :)

Col legno tratto ? Whou... not that usual (i don't know if we ever met). But according to the list published for vol 3 you won't be fulfilled, nor will i. However sable, and bml in general, is an ever growing library, so it was worth the ask, imo. Especially considering how fast the spitfire team works : i'm amazed the bml horns & flute are already on their way.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”