Give me advice on how to use (or which) sequencer well.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, this is embarrassing. I love Geist, I love step sequencers. I picked up a Tenori-On (orange, mind you.) So what I do is use it to control step sequencers because I just can't, can't play complex rhythms by clicking or playing on pads. So it's nice to be able to loop things and see.

But it seems terrible inefficient. Tenori is supposed to not really do that, but I don't know any cheap hardware sequencer that can do what I use it for. And 16 steps is nowhere near enough...

Unfortunately since I am a junglist with massive love for glitch, this sort of programming is absolutely crucial for me. Any suggestions?

I even thought of playing on bunch of practice pads and then using Melodyne or DrumXchanger (overkill!) to make it work. Maybe you have better ideas...
It's all about the wavelets. I dream of the perfect additive synthesis.
You can hire me if you are in Toronto! Contact for details.

iPad with something like Lemur is the first thing that springs to mind. Then there's Maschine and Spark but they're both expensive (so is an iPad, but you may have that already).

+1 iPad. There are plenty of very good apps to choose from.

BDeep wrote:iPad with something like Lemur is the first thing that springs to mind. Then there's Maschine and Spark but they're both expensive (so is an iPad, but you may have that already).
Phase47 wrote:+1 iPad. There are plenty of very good apps to choose from.
Is iPad THAT useful? My laptop is dying, and I'm not the richest guy around... I don't have one. I really need to know how it can really control midi parameters well while giving me a nice feeling step sequencer that CAN work like Tenori-on but for much more featureset. Any specific app you can point at?

Maschine and Spark are... just not for me.
It's all about the wavelets. I dream of the perfect additive synthesis.
You can hire me if you are in Toronto! Contact for details.

Return to “Instruments”