Does Studio One save older vesions of songs??? like the backup files??? God I hope so

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have tweaked my song so much, that it is worse now.

Usually I save a copy of a song at a point where I like, but not this time.

Does anyone know if studio keeps the backups of it's backup saves?

-dw

dusted william wrote:I have tweaked my song so much, that it is worse now.

Usually I save a copy of a song at a point where I like, but not this time.

Does anyone know if studio keeps the backups of it's backup saves?

-dw
Not offhand, but your OS (Windows or OSX) should allow you to do a search of your HD for all files created or modified since a specific date, which would help you find any that might have been made.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

That might work.

Problem is that I've been overwriting this same file over and over, but Studio One seems to create a new backup every 5 minutes.

I'm hoping that those are kept around somewhere.

Make a search for all the .song.autosave files in your hard drive.

dusted william wrote:but Studio One seems to create a new backup every 5 minutes.
Interesting. How did you know this? :roll:

standalone wrote:Make a search for all the .song.autosave files in your hard drive.
Are you guys sure that there isn't just ONE .song.autosave file per song?

Or does the system auto-increment the filename everytime (5mins?) it autosaves, i.e. .song.autosave1, .song.autosave2

I think you might need to some kind of version control system to run in the background for this :-o

J'lien X wrote:
dusted william wrote:but Studio One seems to create a new backup every 5 minutes.
Interesting. How did you know this? :roll:
because I can see it when it happens and Studio One completely glitches out on me every time it does, but my session is really taxing my CPU, so that might be part of it's glitching.

anyway, I'm not on my music PC yet, but as soon as I do I will try it.

dw

As far as I know, the auto-save is a temp file that gets erased when you manually save. If you want to save "states", try the "Save As New Version" feature or just do incremental "Save As...".

LawrenceF wrote:As far as I know, the auto-save is a temp file that gets erased when you manually save. If you want to save "states", try the "Save As New Version" feature or just do incremental "Save As...".
I did a save as a new version right before I started tweaking the file. I intended to keep that version as my safe version, but I kept working on the file and kept re-writing over it. I quickly realized that the safe file had now become my tweaking file. My bad.

It only happened because I was really not familier with Studio One. I'm learning quite a bit now. It's a nice program to really get down and dirty with the editing.

I might be lucky, I'll let you guys know when I get home.

-dw

Does FILE>>RESTORE VERSION help?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”